Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PvP Unfairness

Originally posted by Coldstrike

196 soldier with CHS, kaehler sleeves and probably the highest achievable attack rating at my level (except for traders of course) with this particular weapon, crits around 2600-2700.. Fists crit for 3k?

CHS has a speed of 2.5/2.5, fists 1.25/1.25.. Anyone else notice anything wrong with this?
    I didn't say crits slightly under 3K weren't good, I just wanted to say that you were exaggerating by saying it is more than every other weapon crits for

BTW: fist special = brawl (and once every 30mins if you want to include that dimach). That's it. Fist range = a couple of meters. (grr rooting class )

I'm not saying fists aren't good, but I do find you paint an incomplete picture by just comparing the advantages of fists and not mentioning the disadvantages.

Originally posted by BlackBird

I didn't say crits slightly under 3K weren't good, I just wanted to say that you were exaggerating by saying it is more than every other weapon crits for

BTW: fist special = brawl (and once every 30mins if you want to include that dimach). That's it. Fist range = a couple of meters. (grr rooting class )

I'm not saying fists aren't good, but I do find you paint an incomplete picture by just comparing the advantages of fists and not mentioning the disadvantages.
    Unless you want to count BwT etc. as a fist special. And to compensate for range you have the ability to interrupt nanos, punch while running, use parry shields etc. Melee weapons are under the same range restrictions, and they don't come close to the kind of damage done with fists.

LMAO!!!

This is hilarious....

Traders... Sure traders have a great advantage in being able to drain/divest. But that lies in their nature.. I've fought and beaten several traders in my PVP days (MA myself). You just gotta know how to make most use of your char (For instance when I get drained I use another lower lvl heal).

I don't think that traders are that uber, the only real thing I've grown sick of in PVP is those damned smurfs with their mega evades and their "eject" button. MA's CANNOT beat fixers, no way. Other classes we CAN take down if we get in close enough to begin with but the smurfs just root you and are gone before you can catch up to them.

3K fist hits, so what? Our damage is just about the ONLY thing going for us. Sure you might say that we have our heals, but most of the time I've been hit for more than my heal gives me during the the execution time, so that's pretty much a moot point.

I'd take the Rage line for Enf's or the essence line instead of heals in PVP any day.

Try being an MA against a soldier who has his Mirror Shield up and is bursting your ass off before you complain about Soldiers being gimped and MA's do too much damage.
    Freshmeat James "Brunis" Brun TL4
    Apprentice Pippi "Smooches" Longstocking TL7 Teh Crap

omg RK1!
    The "Smoo" Smooo!

ITAMZ OR PK!

So if we put together all the "pvp" classes we get..
    Martial Artist
    Soldier
    Enforcer
    Agent

The rest of us get to watch. This should make for interesting pvp fights...

Does this mean I should only pay 1/2 as much as the pvp classes since I'm obviously not allowed to partake in the only thing left to do in this game once you hit 200?

You would get:

Docs, Traders, Enforcers and MPs.

When fighting NTs:

Max your Nano Resistance (719 with level 200 Solitus)
    Get 2x Notum Focus (Total of 40 in NR)
    Get 2x Fractured Sanity (Total of 52 in NR)
    Implant for NR (105+64+42= 205)

Total of 1016 in Nano Resistance. (I personally got 9 points less atm)

Go on full defence when fighting NTs. I could not get any of my high level nukes landing on me. I was using them on myself as a test. All NTs high level nukes have 110-135% Nano Resistance as a Defensive Attribute).

Originally posted by Coldstrike

196 soldier with CHS, kaehler sleeves and probably the highest achievable attack rating at my level (except for traders of course) with this particular weapon, crits around 2600-2700.. Fists crit for 3k?

CHS has a speed of 2.5/2.5, fists 1.25/1.25.. Anyone else notice anything wrong with this?
    let's not forget specials now, and no one said you had to use a chs either, gamma beamers crit for more than fists do.

Originally posted by Smooches
    the only real thing I've grown sick of in PVP is those damned smurfs with their mega evades and their "eject" button. MA's CANNOT beat fixers, no way.
    Then you have no clue how to PvP. MAs have a completely even 50% chance of winning against a fixer at higher levels.

please share with us how to beat a GA4 fixer as an ma... I admit freely that I haven't got a clue on how to do it.

Ask just about any other MA 180+. I don't play an MA so I have no idea. I just know I end up getting my ass kicked by them as much as I kick their ass.

My roots NEVER stick on them for more than a couple seconds.
    Slows don't seem work for squat on them either.
    They heal the hell out of themselves.
    They hit right through GA, even when I'm nearly 100% Defensive

MAs have a perfectly even chance of wining against GA IV at my level.

Originally posted by Highjack

They hit right through GA, even when I'm nearly 100% Defensive
    Will have to enquire about that part then.... My experience is miss-miss-miss-brawl-miss-miss-miss....

Although I'm a bit sceptical about yr statement as the only thing I could imagine to get through is either 1. the fixer is at full aggro 2. there is some mystical uber nano for ma's that raises their attack rating by 1000 or so that I'm unaware of...

Oh well may just as well ask here then... come on other 180+ ma's enlighten me what do you do to get through ga4...

About the only thing I could imagine but haven't tried out yet would be an alphastrike with a ranged weapon with loads of specials followed by shen/brawl/dimach... guess that could conceivably work...

In the optimal situation that you a. have shen and dimach recycled at that moment b.you are lucky with the alphastrike and able to get close enough for the shen/brawl/dimach before being rooted.

/hayake

Mushuu would be a good one to enlighted you. She kicks my ass.

Ok then Highjack, sorry. I retract my statement and instead I say this.

MA's have no chance against Smurfs (Except for Highjack, he's a gimp).

There.

And you totally missed my point, I never said you always win against us, I just said that we have no chance of kicking your ass since we can't stop you from gridding.
    Freshmeat James "Brunis" Brun TL4
    Apprentice Pippi "Smooches" Longstocking TL7 Teh Crap

omg RK1!
    The "Smoo" Smooo!

ITAMZ OR PK!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12