Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvP Unfairness

PvP Unfairness

The problem with pvp is that it is unbalanced for every proffesion, the reason for this (i think) is because the designers of the game saw that classes like doctors were wanting to pvp and then tried to make the game to suit them a bit more. This seems a bit unfair since anyone choosing a doctor should be choosing a non pvp class (How many doctors do you see on the battlefield of a war , doctors not field medics either). People just say that the crat isnt a pvp class without asking for him to be made better in pvp, yet for doctors people just wont accept that a doctor is not cut out for pvp (they are now but they shouldnt be), It would be much better if there were set pvp classes and set pvm classes, The only way i can see doctors around in pvp is if they were part of a team but seeing as team pvp rarely happens that wouldnt really count. Obviously everyone has the right to pvp but cant everyone just get a different class to pvp with. I think doctors (and a few other classes) should be more geared towards pvm so that pvp can be left to the enforcers and soldiers and such things so pvm can be left to the engys and docs etc..

The gist of that is that there should be pvp and non-pvp classes so the unfariness of making a class that is not made for combat into an elite fighter is gone (e.g making dmg 50% so fights lasted longer and docs didnt just die in 3 shots)

Obviously the problem with this is that a lot of people who already have chars such as doctors who have spent a lot of time
    making them into fighting machines and it wouldn't really be fair to simply remove them from pvp now.

no way.. this thread sux if u aske me.

so u start a PvM profession and lvls him/her 200 times and then what?

ok i agre whit the 50% damage fugging the game, but i dont think that ther shouled be PVP and PVM professions.

questions for you.

1, is a NT a PVP or PVM profession?
    2, is a agent a pvp, pvm or RP profession
    3, is a MP a PVM or a pvp profession
    4, is a crat a pvp, pvm or RP profession
    5, what is a engi? pvp pvm or RP?

i dont giw a sheet if a doc/trader/crat/Engi can pvp (ok crats and engis issent that good in pvp) its more fun.

god damn it would be boring to only fight Soldiers Enfs and MAs becous the rest of the professions was PVM/RP professions.

i think that you should be able to pvp no mather what profession you are. becous u pick the one you think is moste fun to play. and if they wher to remove one of the things that makes this game fun form us becous u want the "fighters" to be uber in pvp this game would suck.

so dont post things like this.. it will only take away the fun from a sheet load of players.
    w00p w00p!!

I'm pretty sure no one started an engineer on the day of release and was expecting a PvP god to come out of it. Or a crat, trader or a doc for that matter.

Whats best constantly changes and if a class is too uber or too wimpy expect a nerf or a buff. Balancing and fixing obvious things should be a priority before the booster arrives for the holidays.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Well, a lot of mmorpgs have classes that aren't suited for PvP or even PvM for that matter. Make of that what you will. This game has drifted so afar afield of what we all thought it was going to be that it's not even worth mentioning anymore.

The fundamental problem with AO is that there is NO BLOODY CONTENT to make doing anything other than fighting even remotely enjoyable.

As such, professions that supposedly were to offer greater enjoyment in a non-combat, RP or support role ended up being gimps in combat (like I said, they weren't supposed to be good). BUT, since combat is the only goddamn thing to do in AO, those profession sucked period.

So, FC decides to tweak them a bit so they can fight too, but since the whole premise of those professions did not fit combat, you end up with the horse**** COMPLETELY IMBALANCED profession schema we have today.

I mean, give me a goddamn break, soldiers are one of the worst PvP professions and a frigging Trader is the best!?

I still laugh my ass off every time I refer back to the Sybex Strategy guide on Traders. "Weaknesses: No real offensive capability". AND "Traders have absolutely no solo capacity at all"

Riiiiiight.

Originally posted by Highjack

I still laugh my ass off every time I refer back to the Sybex Strategy guide on Traders. "Weaknesses: No real offensive capability". AND "Traders have absolutely no solo capacity at all"

Riiiiiight.
    Well, sybex, nor anyone else even bothered playing a trader, and using it's spells in pvp until a while after, who gives a $hit what sybex THINKS about a proffession.. A few people said to themselves "hey, these drains could be usefull in pvp, I'm gonna use em!" and they did.... Same with team heals... Lol, the two USEFULL things traders have....80% of our nano's are still broken/and or useless btw..!

Just because sybex says traders should suck, doesnt mean they do...They never bothered to play one.

The ill-conceived 'over-equipping' nerf is what turned Traders into Gods.

They just couldn't leave well enough alone and dug themselves a deeper hole.

Originally posted by illphil

Well, sybex, nor anyone else even bothered playing a trader, and using it's spells in pvp until a while after, who gives a $hit what sybex THINKS about a proffession.. A few people said to themselves "hey, these drains could be usefull in pvp, I'm gonna use em!" and they did.... Same with team heals... Lol, the two USEFULL things traders have....80% of our nano's are still broken/and or useless btw..!

Just because sybex says traders should suck, doesnt mean they do...They never bothered to play one.

so true

when I started the game I chose Enforcer for PVP reasons.

I was deciding MA/Soldier/ENF as those two too a newbie sound the, 'strongest' class.

I WAS SO WRONG.

Then MAs got some lub :P
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Makes me giggle when traders try to defend their current status.

Originally posted by Highjack
    Makes me giggle when traders try to defend their current status.
    Yeah, it's completely fair to be able to debuff pretty much every relevant skill on your opponent by 3-400 and at the same time buff pretty much all your own skills by 300. After all, it "only" lasts for 3 minutes.

Funny also that they don't tell you in the newbie rooms that fists do more damage than any weapon, and saves you the trouble of upgrading equipment. Faster, higher regular damage and higher crits than weapons, what a joke.

Guess I was a sucker for beleiving the information in the newbie generation room back when I started. Luckily I didn't fall for the one about NTs being the highest damage dealers. If I did I would probably waste a year telling myself that the typical "wizard class" in MMORPGS usually only becomes powerful in higher levels.

Originally posted by Coldstrike

Yeah, it's completely fair to be able to debuff pretty much every relevant skill on your opponent by 3-400 and at the same time buff pretty much all your own skills by 300. After all, it "only" lasts for 3 minutes.

Funny also that they don't tell you in the newbie rooms that fists do more damage than any weapon, and saves you the trouble of upgrading equipment. Faster, higher regular damage and higher crits than weapons, what a joke.

Guess I was a sucker for beleiving the information in the newbie generation room back when I started. Luckily I didn't fall for the one about NTs being the highest damage dealers. If I did I would probably waste a year telling myself that the typical "wizard class" in MMORPGS usually only becomes powerful in higher levels.
    hmm my fists crit for slightly under 3K, there are a lot of weapons that crit for more...

And about the nt, they actually become damage monsters at high levels (160+ or so) imo, I play an ma myself and high level nt's will consistently get aggro off me. I've been in a team with 3 high level nt's and a doc and it wasn't even funny anymore, I felt completely useless

agree on the trader remark though... for all the traders claiming they aren't uber in pvp anymore... answer this: what other class has a decent chance to win against every single other profession out there? answer: none.

/hayake 181MA

Originally posted by BlackBird

hmm my fists crit for slightly under 3K, there are a lot of weapons that crit for more...

196 soldier with CHS, kaehler sleeves and probably the highest achievable attack rating at my level (except for traders of course) with this particular weapon, crits around 2600-2700.. Fists crit for 3k?

CHS has a speed of 2.5/2.5, fists 1.25/1.25.. Anyone else notice anything wrong with this?

Hayake, nukes have a taunt above and beyond the damage they do. A crat/nt/mp can fling one nuke and the mob will aggro most of the time despite the 10k full autos and aimed shots and crit crit crits from the other team members.
    MP's should be FEARED.

Heh.

Try being an Engineer, it's not uncommon for me to draw aggro in a team, despite being hugely outdamaged by everyone else.

Engineers are living Nukes?

Now, if we only actually had some firepower..
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Originally posted by Kzak
    Heh.

Try being an Engineer, it's not uncommon for me to draw aggro in a team, despite being hugely outdamaged by everyone else.

Engineers are living Nukes?

Now, if we only actually had some firepower..
    That could be just an aggro bug. I've noticed that sometimes, using Mongo will actually shift aggro AWAY from me. And I mean *instantly*, while my hands are still in the air. Then the mob returns to me 5-10 seconds later. It's quite annoying when the mob turns on the doc due to this bug, as it is my sworn duty to protect the doc at all costs. Same bug happens with aggro devices(can't speak for DaTaunter, since I'm not Atrox), only more frequently, and the mob usually doesn't return.....so I've stopped trying to use one. The only time an Engie grabs aggro from me is either due to this bug, or they really ARE out-damaging me. But that's just me. NT's are a different animal entirely. Piercingevil in particular is a friggin' nuclear powered aggro super-magnet Before LMA/UVC became self-only, I had *something* of a chance to keep aggro from an NT.......now it's virtually impossible(for me, anyway). So......consider this a vote for giving Engies some lovin!!!! Oh, wait.......this isn't the Polls forum..........hehehe

BTW: my personal opinion of professions that need "love" patches, in this order:

1. Engies(and fix pathing for ALL pet classes)
    2.Soldiers
    3.NT's
    4.Gimme my Edged buffs!!!!
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

why nt 3
    and i think your list is way off

NT, ADvent, SOldier

Engies are semi balanced.

SS

About crits, FAs, bursts and flings:

Soldiers also have so much better ability to heal then MAs do...I think MAs should crit 5k every time and soldiers one lowered to 1.5k

LOL

Smile

Originally posted by BlackBird

And about the nt, they actually become damage monsters at high levels (160+ or so) imo, I play an ma myself and high level nt's will consistently get aggro off me. I've been in a team with 3 high level nt's and a doc and it wasn't even funny anymore, I felt completely useless
    Thats cause all our "good" DD nanos are also taunt nanos

Not a lvl 200 soldier can take aggro off me if I use IEF or EC

----
    Stian - 177 NT
    Norwegian Berserkers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast