Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Terrorist Act in Omni-1 Entertainment District?

Random Terrorist Act in Omni-1 Entertainment District?

Greetings Citizens.

Omni-Pol is looking for information on a recent terrorist act, caused by a group called "DeM".
    According to reports from citizens in the area, on Saturday 24 March 29481, at 16:38 RST, an EMP-bomb went off in the southern park area of Omni-1 Entertainment District, causing the electronic enviroment enhancer systems to shut off, disabling the surrounding lights, as well as 2 service roboters and one patrol unit device operating in the sector. Shortly after, the device containing the bomb released a nano-augmented nerve gas cloud, asphyxiating both citizens in the area as well as a patrol unit send to investigate the first EMP-shockwave.
    See attached [ observation unit record shot ].

The lab technicians investigation of the bomb remains reported the bombs primary device contained a 50m range EMP-granate, destroying non-shielded electronic devices directly, as well as a secondary device containing a 25m range restricted, nanobot targetted nerve gas cloud, causing a quick death to anyone in the range but disengages after around 2 minutes.

Beside this act, the outer wall of the Omni-1 District was mutilated with glowing orange letters. The words "down with OT" have been signed with the words "DeM".
    See attached [ observation unit record shot ].
    Rumors say this group "DeM" stands for "Deus ex Machina" and is lead by a certain person named "Lion", accompanied by someone named "Raven".

Every citizen is reminded that this act is a terrorist act, causing the death to other citizens as well as destroying and multilating Omni-Tek property. Supporting such acts, as well as keeping valueable information about it is a crime and will be condemned as such.
    Report any information you might have to your nearest Omni-Pol HQ or contact any Omni-Pol officer you find, to bring this group to justice as quickly as they've appeared.

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    AO-Universe - The Leet Place To Be

well done terrorists i say bring all the ommers down!
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

*looks at the date, then at PBF* Hmmph, nope. Not ya. Unless ya were also drunk in Rompa's on Saturday evening and did that without realizing, but then I dunno, I was, uhm, kinda trying to convince my old Milly to work.

I'll keep my eyes an' ears open, in any case. That kind of things is, least that can be said, unwelcome.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Nerve gas that perma-kills? Where can I get some?
    Point Blank

come to omni-HQ and ill be more than happy to show you....

"Dem"? Could that be short for Jen "Demenzia" Markarian?
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post
    "Dem"? Could that be short for Jen "Demenzia" Markarian?
    Oy! *throws the debris of a Milly bot to Charissa*

I know I'm a crazy dysfunctional sociopath, but I wouldn't be as stupid as to sign such crap with my name.

Besides, why bother with bombs when you can hack insurance files by the dozen.

Er, did I say 'nything? No. No no. Not me. *mutters*Shuddup.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

wow

wow glad i was inside rompah bar that day safe and sound I feel sorry for the ones lost that day though and if anyone needs my help to discover who done it my services are at your disposal

Signed, Rose "agentrose" Alward

Well well well. Somone droped a bomb in Omni entertaintment. I hope that idiot of a mugger that knocked me down there for a few creds, stood in the middle of the blast.
    Knowlede of the past is the key to the future

Profile Soldatius

AO Universe - By Players, For Players! Gameplay/Quests/Locations Guides, News, Articles, Columns, AO Launcher Skins, Wallpapers, Maps, Utilities, Friendly Forums and the #1 Roleplaying Source for the community!

Nerve gas in 25m range? Pft. They should have leveled Omni-HQ instead.
    I hate signatures.

This all sounds very cliche.

I would expect a new terrorist organization that was serious to come in with some sort of bold action and make a serious statement. "Down with OT" sounds very pre-teen angst. That is especialy consider that there is already a faction of people fighting OT, and the major 'down with OT' bussel went down around two hundred or so years ago.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Chaupin View Post
    come to omni-HQ and ill be more than happy to show you....
    Promises promises. You asking for a play date?
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    This all sounds very cliche.

I would expect a new terrorist organization that was serious to come in with some sort of bold action and make a serious statement. "Down with OT" sounds very pre-teen angst. That is especialy consider that there is already a faction of people fighting OT, and the major 'down with OT' bussel went down around two hundred or so years ago.
    lol but they really made a bunch of omnis go "down" ^^ not just talk about it like most of us do
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Maybe it was designed to throw you into thinking that it was adolescent? I mean, look at the technical expertise of the bomb. An emp flash which released nerve agents when people came to inspect. Pretty intuitive.

...but I do agree. It's kind of adolescent but what do you write after setting off a bomb in a city? One of the best ones (dust to dust) is trademarked by the dusters. It would take the heat off a bit while people try to figure out if it is the DB or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    Maybe it was designed to throw you into thinking that it was adolescent? I mean, look at the technical expertise of the bomb. An emp flash which released nerve agents when people came to inspect. Pretty intuitive.

...but I do agree. It's kind of adolescent but what do you write after setting off a bomb in a city? One of the best ones (dust to dust) is trademarked by the dusters. It would take the heat off a bit while people try to figure out if it is the DB or not.
    well, from what i see (( or read )) it was their first strike so maybe they were just "probing" to what general public will say about their assault or so *shrugs*

Rose Alward here ..you know that playboyfixer could have always hired someone if you really think it was him or there is such a thing as timers. Rather convinient that someone that is such a thorn in the side was convienently in rompah bar drunk when it happened. Fixer do move fast don' t they? Another to look at is a shade named Soxlo he tends to be rather vicious he killed my sister then started some rumors about the NLF.
    Last edited by Mrs; Apr 15th, 2007 at 20:22:08.

Solox is a fixer.
    Point Blank

not a good one if they think he's a shade ;p but whoever did it, i applaude you *claps hands*

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    not a good one if they think he's a shade ;p but whoever did it, i applaude you *claps hands*
    Check my sig, and IT WAS SELF DEFENCE.

so you're Deus ex Machina then?

or just trying to run with the credit of it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast