Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slowest leveling Rubi-Kan

Originally posted by Zepto
    The level means nothing, the character is everything.
    /applause
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Naive question but how is it that a lot of the people who claim to have been playing since release only seem to have registered recently?

I assume you're referring to the "registered:" bit next to a person's name. Registration on the forum is not the same as registration for the game. I'm guessing a lot of people haven't used the boards from the beginning.

The earliest "registered" you'll see is november 2001, because that's when the last board wipe took place. Everyone had to re-register.

Yeah i've had this char for 2 mths /played 9 days and level 153
    Kruise-162 Atrox Agent

ive been in the game for 6 months...
    Spiderkissed is about three months old...

and im only 24th level.

i used to play everyday for 2-4hours but now (due to RL) im down to about twodays a week for about 2hours a shot. i tent to Stare off at sunsets and dance in the Bars too much... too bad being social dosnt give IP...

i havent read all the posts but imsure im up for one of the slowest on RK2.

and obviously i dont post much ...
    .................................................. ......
    -Talanthus

Phoenix Rising

almost to 100

It's taken me almost 9 months, but I'm finally approaching 100. I have no sense of urgency; I play to relieve stress, not add to it. I doubt that it'll take me 4 years to get to 200, but I bet it will happen sometime next summer. I've seen so many people in my guild power-level, get burned out and quit. I have that tendency also in most games, but I keep it in check when I play AO.
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

Cool

Yup,they also changed the log-in requirements that required a minimum number of chars for log in name,As mine was only 2 it refused to accept me on the boards(although i could still play).Just had to wait it out and re-reg when they caught upto with real life.

Originally posted by Cranium
    If I could hug this thread I would! Everbody knows the turtle beat the rabbit...
    you can hug this thread:

*HUGS*

see

and to add mine, slightly over 50 days played, made last october time I think, level 73. Also managed to time out 2 grid armours and only kill 3 mobs, so hows that for slow levelling

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

just out of interest, does anyone else who has been playing this long, still keep thinking of themselves as a newbie? or is it just me?

hugs

lilnymph
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Very slow lvling

heres the scoop = 1 Main, 12 alts

Lvls 71, 44, 35, 25, 17, 16, 14, 12, 8, 6, 1, 1

8 months.

Once the professions branch out at lvl 8, i think powerleveling is actually cheeting you out of gameplay. It really doesnt matter if you get to lvl x because the monsters you are fighting are lvl x. I have enjoyed the game more maxing my implants and armour for each lvl. Unfortunatly, killing oranges and reds makes your lvling go faster, so you end up having to redo everything again.

I am way more into character and gameplay, than lvling. what am i going to do when my main gets to lvl 200? is there really anthing to do once you get to that lvl?
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

I am playing from day one and only 181
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by lilnymph
    just out of interest, does anyone else who has been playing this long, still keep thinking of themselves as a newbie? or is it just me?

hugs

lilnymph
    It's just you. The rest of us know everything.

Well I have seen this thread for a while now, and have not read all of the post but here is MY Slowest level citizen:

He was a level 28 engineer
    Had 13 days /played time
    Was my first toon!
    lol that is damn slow
    Maximus "Immense" Meridius - Enforcer (Don) My Armor
    Sun "Firegoddess" Kaba - Super Sneak Agent
    "Gridarmor" - Grid Armor Wearin' Fixer
    STORM - Best of the best
    Creator of AO Character Lookup, click to download
    Damn it feels good to be a Gangster

Originally posted by Mharc

It's just you. The rest of us know everything.

hugs

lilnymph

(possible my most pointless reply ever hehe)
    Originally posted by Cz

Style over Substance

Originally posted by lilnymph

hugs

lilnymph

(possible my most pointless reply ever hehe)
    I'm honored

11 months and level 60 NT. I have an alt level 24 (I think).
    I count on one level/week, meaning roughly 52 levels a year.
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

Smile

is lvl 84 low when you have played for 52 days 5 hours

or do i need help.

:-)

This thread makes me feel better. I have slipped behind all of my in game friends by spending 2 RL months going from 78-87 /played probably sits at about 14 days or so.

Still pretty bad but not the slowest... and yes I am still a n00b... I will still be a n00b as long as I don't have every prof to level 200 and that isn't going to happen.
    Tenk (215/14) - Happy Omni-Tek Agent on TestLive
    Iranu (217/16) - Clan Agent on Rimor (my equipment)

Deeply appreciate

I cant tell you how much i deeply appreciate the comment above about powerlevelers burning out.

In my experience of gaming:
    -cheeting ruins the enjoyment of the game
    -obsession with the game ruins enjoyment of the game

What I see so often is people who have invested every moment of the day working to play the game, and then get nerfed, or killed or suffer some other disappointment, and do the infamous "I'm quitting because of..." at this point I want to change their posts to "because i played to much and got too obsessed" of course i would still want their stuff when they do quit.

The reason I play: friends, story, character, my leet dolls, and maybe a bit of the game. I think this combination will make me enjoy it longer because even if they hit me with the nerf stick, lvling was only possible in groups and other disappointments came, it would not affect my friends.

Play to enjoy, and enjoy playing. If powerlvling is how you seeking to enjoy the game, ask yourself, what are you going to do at lvl 200?
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Lets see, 10 months= lv 59.9 Enf and a bunch of 20> alts...
    10 days of playing time on Enf, not like a week and a half, 240 hrs
    AsclepIIus - Evil Doc
    AsclepIIIus - PvP Twink

TSO Link Please click on it and make my friend happy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast