Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slowest leveling Rubi-Kan

Talking Snails pace...

I've been playing since two days after launch as well.

My primary (Only have one alt that I just started last month) is level 54.

Nice, slow and steady! The few people that were there with me in Galway after launch and still play outlevel me by a good 100-140 levels! :-)

Ambition is for weenies.

That's some impressively slow levelling!

I doubt I can beat some of the people here in levels per month, but my ratio of /played time to RL time has got to be pretty low. (Value for subscription $? bah!) I've had friends start playing AO and easily amass more /played time in a week than a do in a month.

I do have a question, however, for all you slow-levelling types: do you have friends/guild you can team with or socialize with? People I team with once or twice invariably outlevel me in short order. My less-than-obsessive playtime and advancement has caused several guilds to pass on me, too. I suppose that part of the problem could just be RK2, which can be pretty empty at the times I play.

I've been playing Fresch since a few weeks after release.

She's 60 as of tonight. Slooooooow.
    THEOREM:
    Omni Bureaucrats work for "The Man."
    "The Man" is the >190 Fixer title.
    Ergo, Phillip Ross is a Fixer.
    -QED-

LOL! I've been playing since day one (and only have 1 char, since I don't really count my lvl 10 alt) and am only lvl 76! Now that's slooooow!

People assume that I bought my Pioneer backpack because no one that started on day one could possible still only be level 76! Nope, it's mine and it's original. I never play with the same people twice because we're only the same level once!

Guess that's what having a job, family and responsibilities will do to you!
    "Hey, hey now. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean.
    'Cause, remember, no matter where you go..... there you are."
    -Buckaroo Banzai

I'm so glad I started this thread. I always thought I was the only one that was leveling so slowly. Even the people on the boards that seemed much more involved with RP and socializing were way higher in level than I was...

I say: be proud of your slowness. Savour life on Rubi-Ka and carry out the idea of slow leveling! Maybe, some day, hordes of closet slow-levelers will emerge and crush the power levelers by their sheer numbers. Death to XP, hurray for Lost Time!

Errmm... or something
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Originally posted by Mharc
    I'm so glad I started this thread. I always thought I was the only one that was leveling so slowly. Even the people on the boards that seemed much more involved with RP and socializing were way higher in level than I was...

I say: be proud of your slowness. Savour life on Rubi-Ka and carry out the idea of slow leveling! Maybe, some day, hordes of closet slow-levelers will emerge and crush the power levelers by their sheer numbers. Death to XP, hurray for Lost Time!

Errmm... or something

WoooooooooT

I always laugh when i see ppl complain that theres no content in the game and nothing to do. At 93 I still haven't done any quests I'm still exploring my characters abilities I couldn't twink a noob if I tried. Ok I could maybe make not a bad job a 2HE enforcer but that only cos I'm on my second one now.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Thumbs up

Keep it going boys and girls, I'm sure there's somebody who's played more than 70 days and is below lvl 20
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Hmm... Aktrez, maybe?...
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Ha! I've got you all beat!

I've played only one character since release and just made level 49 the other week. Beat that :-).

i've been playing since about a month after release and i have been playing pretty much 1 character. i'm level 99. i solo about 95% of the time.

i do have a lowbie doc that i played for about a couple weeks...but other than that its just my lil advent.

Rickenbacker, you are my hero
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Originally posted by Kissysuzuki

WoooooooooT

I always laugh when i see ppl complain that theres no content in the game and nothing to do. At 93 I still haven't done any quests I'm still exploring my characters abilities I couldn't twink a noob if I tried. Ok I could maybe make not a bad job a 2HE enforcer but that only cos I'm on my second one now.
    I WILL LEVEL WITH YUO :O
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

My level 84 crat has been level 84 for about a month now. He is actively played, almost every night.

He has been doing missions for L150 items, and terminates after every few of them. He's probably terminated over 100 times by now. And he's still not done. So it may be another week or more before he is ready to level again.

Martek

Wow, I'm very impressed with you all. I've been trying not to level to much but have had intermitent luck. I have managed about 5 or 6 months with only four new levels to my name and with pretty regular playing. Most of that has been in the last three weeks, btw.

Fract

Well, 32 days played, level 100 MA. Not the slowest, but not fast.

My only other played character is on test, 8 days and a few hours, level 67 MA. I level him occasionally, still.

Gets slow, for a determined solo player, around level 90+ <grin>

/played 25 days level 82 on Dfalcour

I like to do every thing in game that I can at a particular level so tend to be stagnant while item aquiring or camping :P
    Ismael "Dfalcour" Depaolo
    Omni-Tek Blackwolf Operations
    President

Federico "Falcour" Peasly
    Applicant (Wolf Pack Support Team)

Mel "GremlinFeet" Drapkin
    Unit Member (Independant Contractee)

Cool

Still only have one char(after deleting an agent last year)and have just scraped to 117 after 96 days,9hrs.Lots of highs and lows playing a fixer neutral til lvl110,but just plain dumb or stubborn!

According to AO I've logged 75 days at lvl 110.

Fract

If I could hug this thread I would! Everbody knows the turtle beat the rabbit...

I have been playing since day 1 in AO (actually in beta too) and I have one character, just one. Never tried anything else. I love my NT. I am just now level 112 and am running one of the oldest guilds in Rubika. The level means nothing, the character is everything.
    Zepto
    President to the Order of Kauket
    NanoTechnician

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast