Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slowest leveling Rubi-Kan

Cool Slowest leveling Rubi-Kan

I was wondering who the slowest leveling Rubi-Kan was. I've been playing since release (well, two days after, actually, as I was unable to connect the first day ). I started an adventurer (Manik, still alive, although not so much kicking..) that I learned the game mechanics with. Then, after a month and a half or so I started my main (Mharc, adv) that I've been playing since.

I've been away for about two months (bored) and I've played an alt for a while (Upbeat, 43 MA), but basically, it's been Mharc all the way. I solo most of the time and I am currently level 77, which makes my leveling speed roughly 7 levels per month.

Am I the slowest leveling Rubi-Kan, or are there others out there with just as patheticly unambitious mains as me?
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Not sure what this works out to...

Over the last five months I've managed to get two characters to level 40 and one to level 50. If you do the maths this is probably quite fast, but levels 1 to 40 aren't exactly taxing and I swear most people get level 40 in a week
    Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita

i must have been playing for 10months and got to lvl 112 engie...and lvl 45 MA.
    dont play hard or fast, just as and when i can...rarely level...lots of deaths...and just hit 60 tokens =)

I've /played more than 53 days on this char, still only lvl 84 Began playing in July 2001.
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

That's the spirit!
    Off the top of my head, I've /played 17 or 18 days, so you outshine me spectacularly when it comes to inefficient leveling

i've been playing since august of 2001 and i just found a char called new arrival who has yet to choose a race!!!!. I have only played 1 char for almost a year so never had to swap chars.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Talking

Originally posted by Smacdevil
    I've /played more than 53 days on this char, still only lvl 84 Began playing in July 2001.
    Damn i thought i was slow!

24 days i think or something similar but level 92

Must try harder.

Does it count that this is my main? and i have no real alts?
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

The trick is...

Repeatedly dying without insuring *just* before you go up a level.

Making sure you spend hours and hours just wandering around chatting

(my guilty sin) Playing paper-dolly with your character and trying on every single combination of clothing you can think of in order to get just the right look.

Remembering that armor is for looking good in, and ability to protect you from death is a far and distant second.

Stopping in solo missions to do the odd role-play thing and getting killed while you're admiring the paintings in the front room.

/terminating for a RP event and then realising you'd forgotten to insure...

Walking everywhere. The trip from Omni-1 to Last Ditch is pretty neat, though a VERY long way and rather dangerous when you're only level 40ish.

Tanking with your nanomage MP because, damnit, tanks have all the fun.

"I'm sure I can take that deep red thing on my own. It's friends don't look like they're too close..."

And so on. Hmm - this may be worthy of a seperate thread on its own.
    Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita

Haha, now this is a thread i can identify with...

My first character, a Omni solider. I started him in Aug 2001, he is now level 58 WOO WOO. I have a 50ish MA now though, so its not all that bad i guess lol. I just like to explore, socalize and dink off a lot, i guess im not in the race to level so to say.

Even worse is my Everquest character, haha, i have only one, level 43 Druid, hrmm not so bad you say?

Consider I signed up for EQ right after it went gold (LOL), and started this character, he began on the "Test Server", got equipment wiped along with the other chars on server.

So they offered to move him to a regular server, i did so.

Production server: He lives on, slowly slowly levels and still, to this day lol, is only level 43.

I guess my exploration and just pointless running around to the ends of the game world explains why i dont level much, i just get tired of repetitious killing after a while. I can only do it for an hour at a time before i go crazy.

The Hedon
    Sincerely,

Hedonistias
    50th level MA
    Noble Order

I dont know if this makes me the slowest ...

but its pretty darn slow, went from 82 to 84 over a 2 month period. It is an NT and still havent lvled the darn guy. mostly because of my video card crashes alot. when I get it updated... lookout, I will be NT o doom > : )

I have been level 94 with 32k to 95 for a month now.

Nuff said.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

wow heh.. makes me feel bad

I've got 39 days played at lvl 173, and I dont exactly powerlevel all the time either..

Heck I just recently got my first lvl in a month last night
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Re: The trick is...

Originally posted by Crazynotion

Remembering that armor is for looking good in, and ability to protect you from death is a far and distant second.
    Hehe, spot on! everyone knows AC comes a poor and distant second to style any day of the week.

Personally i just create chars and make sure they have everything they could possibly need tp power level like crazy. Sadly, by the time ive finished doing this im usually bored and move onto the next one

/born Jul 5 /played 41 days - level 119

I usually don't level for long long stretches, and then shoot up a number of levels in a short time. Like right now, I'm on the road to my goal of 154 after 5 months without a level.

Still I think Smac has us all beat
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Thumbs up

Hmm...Level 151 - Agent

Levels 1-30 = 1day
    Levels 31-50 = 2days
    Levels 51-100 = 1week
    Levels 101-150 = 2weeks

My total play time is not very accurate. I spent a week here and there shopping for clusters/implants, camping dungeons, chatting with friends hours on end, and doing events/parties. I stopped leveling at 150 to get my MKII set. I got one level and died a few times. Leveling now is about 2-3 missions per level. As I get higher I know it's going to be much more. When I start up my activity back on Rubi-Ka(which should be soon) I will be going for 200 by the end of the year, if not then by the end of January. I guess I don't count for slowest leveling awards, just thought I would share my history.

Let me note that the only way possible to lvl like that is to have groups and camp areas for your level. It was me and two real life friends that started a new character on that day. We all knew what to do and where to go. We met some very nice people along the way, and they joined us in the level hunt. All in all it was mainly just us three. We would get to the point where anywhere we camped we could outdamage and control any area we were camping. i.e. Claws, Bully, Vultures, Beetle, etc... Once we hit 100 it was all about missions. Usually got a full team including us three. Literally ran mission with all red npc/mobs. These are the professions we chose. Me = Agent(Obviously), Enforcer, and Doctor. Take care and safe travels across Rubi-Ka!
    Misty "Crimeareeva" Meanor
    Life of an Agent - Sworn to Secrecy From Birth™

Crime Inc. Action Figure - Small Crime Thug™
    Copyright© Crime Inc. 1496-29478

=) i have a lvl 8 char that has 23 days logged into him, think he was born nov 2001 or something like that. does have over 700 tokens though and a rookie title.
    Proud member of TAG
    Zedtheknife - Keeper Equip
    Weapons I use on Zedtheknife
    Gelids
    Copy of the Excaliber
    Frost-bound Reaper
    Zed "Doczed" Dabucho Equip
    Zedthepimp MA
    Zedddd (120) Trader
    Zedthekiller (115) MP
    Zedtheone (105) Enf

Originally posted by Zed Dabucho
    =) i have a lvl 8 char that has 23 days logged into him, think he was born nov 2001 or something like that. does have over 700 tokens though and a rookie title.
    One word. Ouch.

Lol i think it depends on how you play, some people just socialize while others power level.. it all depends on how you play and how much

kisses from sexidoc *muah*

Arrow heeh

Born on first day of game... Over 110 days /played and lvl 145... Havent made a level I think since around february sometime...

http://auno.org/ao/char.php?t=ag&&name=crazyhorse

you mean hasn't made a level snice mid-june not february :P
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast