Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cutting down notum emissions: The King's law

Cutting down notum emissions: The King's law

King Humlebien outlined legislation to cut down on emissions of notum and the population of nanomages, blamed for global warming and lack of resources, by 60 percent before 29550.

A draft of the climate change bill was published by Humle's Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs today. It includes plans to cut emissions by between 26 percent and 32 percent by 29500 and create an independent panel that will set mandatory five-year targets and report annually to the Kingdom.

"This is an environmental contract for future generations: it binds this government and future governments to honor that contract,'' Humlebien's spokesman told reporters in Borealis. Climate change "is now a threshold issue in politics, in the same way that inflation and global security are.''

The Rubikan government aims to be at the forefront of efforts to combat global warming and nanomage infestation according to Humlebien. Scientists blame NLF greed and solitus-made emissions of notum for lack of resource, rising temperatures that are causing Penumbra to melt, the organisation "Storm" (and storms in general) to intensify, and sea-levels to rise.

Humlebien, at an earlier press conference with Prime Minister Karlino and Chancellor of the Exchequer Tiamin, said the government expects the bill to pass in the next few years. Emission-cutting targets through 29491 will be set by the end of 29487 to help businesses plan, he said.

Tiamin hailed the bill as "a revolutionary step that shows this planet taking real leadership.''

The bill itself will remain top secret until further notice, but could be the final piece to the puzzle that is conquering the monster that is the NLF. Oh, and global warming.

The public need not worry, it seems that the future's bright.. the future's Humle.

*is really confused*
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

[*giggles* See what I did there?]
    Roland "Monczeli" Faoláin - 189/11/42 - Assembly

egadsrk2: I can't recall the last time I played this game with pants on.

Are you people trying to undermine my authority? I would assume ur part of the plot. Betrayers of the kings are looked upon badly, u will suffer a terrible death.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

*yawns* Delusional people bores me . . .
    "Sincerity is an openness of heart that is found in very few people. What we usually see is only an artful disguise people put on to win the confidence of others." ~François de La Rochefoucauld

I'll never comply

I'll never agree to your rules..(insert standard libertarian gov't rant). I reserve the right to recklessly emit notum as i choose!

I'm even buying a new land vehicle...the Hummer Notum Waste-a-tron V99. It consumses and emits obscenely and i love it...You can take my HNW when you pry the stearing wheel from my cold dead hands!

Quote Originally Posted by damon7 View Post
    I'll never agree to your rules..(insert standard libertarian gov't rant). I reserve the right to recklessly emit notum as i choose!

I'm even buying a new land vehicle...the Hummer Notum Waste-a-tron V99. It consumses and emits obscenely and i love it...You can take my HNW when you pry the stearing wheel from my cold dead hands!
    Infidel!

Bow down and take your place at the great Humle's feet or face your fate.

Quote Originally Posted by damon7 View Post

We will enforce these laws laid by King Humlebien!
    So, suck a turd to a point and stab yourself with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuser_ View Post
    *yawns* Delusional people bores me . . .
    Perhaps you should stop talking to yourself.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

im probably a dense do-do again but erhm...who the hell is humlebien? a king? A king of whom? I thought Simon is the "King"?

((Have you people had your fun now? Isn't it time to move on and leave the roleplayers alone?))

((See, I don't like that. Yes, a few of them posting here are not roleplayers but they haven't broken any OOC rules and who are we to stop them from it? If they get ooc then say something. Until then, just have fun with it.

Off the subject: One of my favorite memories is Kinkstaah coming into Hope bar during a DJ Decavolt show and killing anyone who wasn't Clan. "Get out." *reclaim* ))
    Last edited by Astera; Mar 16th, 2007 at 14:20:43.

Quote Originally Posted by LilleBreyd View Post
    ((Have you people had your fun now? Isn't it time to move on and leave the roleplayers alone?))
    Oh?

Oops.

((Oh? Sorry, do I not meet the requirements to roleplay? Where do I apply? Perhaps I need your permission first. Would you say a white man can't rap, because it's not... "normal" for him to? Think equal opportunities my love! I can choose to roleplay just as you can (try to) PvP, that's assuming the reason you're getting your knickers in a twist is because I'm a "pvper" coming to the "roleplayer's hood"? The day I trespass your forums (that's when, ya know, the admin calls a section "LilleBreyd's forums" and I post on it without your support) you can scream "intruder!!". While I'm just trespassing your preference, however, you are within your right to close the thread and/or stay >shutted up<! ))

Owned, that makes me the better roleplayer. Now run along, unintelligent PvPer!

i'll roleplay when and if i choose..tyvm

Quote Originally Posted by LilleBreyd View Post
    and besides...something to do when taking a work break.

shesh..

*get's into his obscenely expensive notum hogging flying ship and burns rubber* "cya noobs!"

Quote Originally Posted by Solox View Post
    Oh?

Oops.

((Oh? Sorry, do I not meet the requirements to roleplay? Where do I apply? Perhaps I need your permission first. Would you say a white man can't rap, because it's not... "normal" for him to? Think equal opportunities my love! I can choose to roleplay just as you can (try to) PvP, that's assuming the reason you're getting your knickers in a twist is because I'm a "pvper" coming to the "roleplayer's hood"? The day I trespass your forums (that's when, ya know, the admin calls a section "LilleBreyd's forums" and I post on it without your support) you can scream "intruder!!". While I'm just trespassing your preference, however, you are within your right to close the thread and/or stay >shutted up<! ))

Owned, that makes me the better roleplayer. Now run along, unintelligent PvPer!

((actually I will have to say she owned you. This being because you completely missed the point of the statement and threw out the victim card just to get sympathy. I don't know about everyone else but all the post you have made so far were sarcastic, if anyone knew anything they would know you were doing nothing but poking fun at everyone here. This is not a question about territory, which you so blatantly missed, this is a question about your attitude. You've done nothing but come in here and insult everyone. While I can admit your first post showed some promise, the later rebuttals, retorts, counter retorts, ect.. were so clearly aimed at just you pointing and laughing at everyone. And to a certain agree I don't blame you, they responded. But now trying to get some sympathy when everyone should be able to clearly see what you are doing is way out of line for me. If you want to Roleplay do so, and don't just insult everyone here with you useless posts and spamming content aimed at goading a response out of everyone for you to laugh and flex your e-peen.

and that is all I have to say about that.))

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanelme View Post
    ((actually I will have to say she owned you. This being because you completely missed the point of the statement and threw out the victim card just to get sympathy. I don't know about everyone else but all the post you have made so far were sarcastic, if anyone knew anything they would know you were doing nothing but poking fun at everyone here. This is not a question about territory, which you so blatantly missed, this is a question about your attitude. You've done nothing but come in here and insult everyone. While I can admit your first post showed some promise, the later rebuttals, retorts, counter retorts, ect.. were so clearly aimed at just you pointing and laughing at everyone. And to a certain agree I don't blame you, they responded. But now trying to get some sympathy when everyone should be able to clearly see what you are doing is way out of line for me. If you want to Roleplay do so, and don't just insult everyone here with you useless posts and spamming content aimed at goading a response out of everyone for you to laugh and flex your e-peen.

((Nah brah you're definitely backwards, he owned her, I'm an expert at these things.
    So, suck a turd to a point and stab yourself with it!!!

You know when you make a post, someone replies, and you have that empty feeling. You feel like the quoter didn't read what you've written at all, it's like they already have their opinion about you and somehow what you've written doesn't matter, because they're going to express it anyway. I think that's the kind of response you've given me Ivanelme, because while you detect underlying sarcasm and poking fun in my posts, I only detect flames and tantrums from yours. However, I've only read one of your posts, and hopefully the tally will stay fairly low. I don't like your attitude neither.

My posts only seem sarcastic to you because I apply enthusiasm when I write the storylines, even though I know that they don't compliment your own storylines, you might get the feeling that I'm causing trouble.. maybe I am, maybe I'm breaking your heart, but this just means that you need to adjust your attitude towards roleplay a little. I know this, and yet I still don't care. Your attitude tells me that you guys need others to come in and roleplay like this, adding some new flavour to the current scene, because you appear to believe you're the roleplayers, and you can monopolize the entire concept of roleplay. It's a shame that you can't, but until you can you're very welcome to contribute to my roleplaying in character. Remember you guys took it OOC first, and brought the insults first, too - and before you respond please go check the rules because I don't believe I've broken any.

//ooc

0.o
    o.0

*fetches popcorn*

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

Quote Originally Posted by Solox View Post
    You know when you make a post, someone replies, and you have that empty feeling. You feel like the quoter didn't read what you've written at all, it's like they already have their opinion about you and somehow what you've written doesn't matter, because they're going to express it anyway. I think that's the kind of response you've given me Ivanelme, because while you detect underlying sarcasm and poking fun in my posts, I only detect flames and tantrums from yours. However, I've only read one of your posts, and hopefully the tally will stay fairly low. I don't like your attitude neither.

My posts only seem sarcastic to you because I apply enthusiasm when I write the storylines, even though I know that they don't compliment your own storylines, you might get the feeling that I'm causing trouble.. maybe I am, maybe I'm breaking your heart, but this just means that you need to adjust your attitude towards roleplay a little. I know this, and yet I still don't care. Your attitude tells me that you guys need others to come in and roleplay like this, adding some new flavour to the current scene, because you appear to believe you're the roleplayers, and you can monopolize the entire concept of roleplay. It's a shame that you can't, but until you can you're very welcome to contribute to my roleplaying in character. Remember you guys took it OOC first, and brought the insults first, too - and before you respond please go check the rules because I don't believe I've broken any.

((Read my post again, and you might catch what I was actually telling you, until then don't play the pity card on me, cause to be quite honest, you won't get any.))

((Read my post again, and you might catch what I was actually telling you, until then don't play the pity card on me, cause to be quite honest, you won't get any.))
    There's a bag of incompetence, I see you burned out.

NEXT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast