Thread: NPC mobs and Nanos

Lightbulb NPC mobs and Nanos

Ok, while sitting waiting for the umpteen-millionth time for a root cast by a dead mob to time out, I started a thinkin of ways to mebee improve this situation a bit. There are two major problems as I see it. One, mobs have an annoying habit of casting debufs/roots as they are falling to the ground (causing the player needless downtime and frustration) and two, they do not use their nano's effectively.

What I propose is that the combat be divided up based on the percentage health remaining on the mob into 10 slots. To each of these slots are assigned specific types of nanos. The first time the health of the mob enters one of these slots, a check is made to see if a nano will be cast, then if so, a nano is selected from one of the available types. A flag is then set so this check is not remade even if the mobs health rises/falls and it re-enters the slot again. For example:

Pre-combat: Buffs, Heal other mob, Adv Morphs :-)

100% - 91%: Debuffs, Short term Damage Adds , Engineer release pet from shell :-), MP create attack pet

81% - 90%: Dots, NT/MP nukes

71-80%: Crat nukes

61-70%: Pet Heals, Heal other Mob

51% - 60%: Heal self, NT/MP nukes

41% - 50%: Crat nukes

31% - 40%: NT/MP nukes

21% - 30%: Last Gasp -> Solder TMS, Heal self, Adv Leet form other :-)

This is just a possible arrangement obviously. Notice, no roots/snares. There is not really any point for an NPC mob to use them unless FC is going to put scripting in so that they can take advantage of them. Also, all debuffing is up front where it does the most good for the mob and leaves the least amount of downtime for the player.

Anywho, flame away. :-)

Losing/Wubflubber/et. al

Hey Wubflubber.

Just want to give you a tip....you can buy yourself a inexperience nano from a general shop, e.g adventuring inexperience and cast this on yourself to break roots. Might take a few tries, but it will eventually work.