Thread: Where's the game?

Lightbulb Where's the game?

Ok, I'm a lev 152 NT.

1. Can't run missions anymore, you decided that you didnt want your customers to do that.

2. Can't pvp anymore. You have reduced my profession to the combat efficiency of regurgitated donkey meat.

3. The storyline is a weekly MPEG and a book. Well, you've obviously already decided what's going to happen, so there's not much use getting involved here.

4. Can't level any further: there's almost nowhere to hunt at lev 152, and even if there was, I can't kill greens anymore, so I wouldnt be able to exp any further.

5. Can't build my clan up anymore. 90% left for DAoC, and the new org commands disband your guild or screw other things up.

So just where is the game? What is entertaining? I'm really having to stretch the fabric of reality to come up with anything that even remotely resembles something entertaining.

Sure, AO is a lot more stable now... but where's the game gone?

Snarf

Yep

They thought the game was unbalanced to some players, so they nerfed it. Now only GMs and Devs can play it, Players got nerfed out. And sorry.. You can not change class.

1. Can't run missions anymore, you decided that you didnt want your customers to do that.
    ahem

3. The storyline is a weekly MPEG and a book. Well, you've obviously already decided what's going to happen, so there's not much use getting involved here.
    The meeting between Radiman and all player-character clan leaders last night didn't really look like an MPEG. But gee, maybe i'm just silly.

5. Can't build my clan up anymore. 90% left for DAoC
    If you're clan liked games like DAoC, why would you want them in it?
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

Xombie r u nubie?

If you're clan liked games like DAoC, why would you want them in it?
    Anyone who likes AO over DAoC is in denial. Those of us who aren't in denial hang around out of nostalgia. DAoC is solid, AO is just layer after layer of patch coding. Like a giant ball of band-aids.

And whoopdy-do there was a meeting between Radiman and the clan leaders. .1% of the gaming population got to meet a character in the story, I just feel so involved now. It must have only been on RK1 cause I never heard about it, and that doesn't affect gameplay in any meaningful way, I.E., its cosmetic, as Snarf said.

Also btw the post you linked to doesn't say anything about how they made it so you can't complete a mission if you're being attacked, which means you can't run/blitz missions, which I believe is what Snarf was referring to.

Not that any of this matters though Xombie, since you never addressed the basic question and reason for the post, what is a lvl 152 NT, or any profession that high, supposed to do for fun?