Thread: A question

A question

Is it true, that if a group of higher levels are teamed with a lower level person, and another lower level person outside the team attacks the low level guy in the team.. that the higher levels can join in despite being outside of the lower guy's pvp range?

I have a very good reason for asking this

--K

that is correct
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Excellent.

(No, I'm not planning to go gank n00bs. It has to do with an RP event within my org.)

--K

This is an exploit and is not allowed.
    Unless as you said its a RP event to do with your org :P

No Im not joking..I got a warning on my account for attacking a level 30 when I was 140 ish.

How was I supposed to know that a person teaming with a lvl 75+ which allowes him to be open to attack because of it wasnt allowed?!
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

It is an org roleplaying event.. but the victim isn't aware he's been sentenced to death by firing squad followed by an /org boot. Yet.

Dammit, Cloudeh why'd you have to tell me it's not allowed now? :P

Well, might be enough of us in his range that it won't really matter. We shall see.

--K

Your allowed to do it, Im saying if you attacked someone in a PVP war who wasnt your level and you killed him then that should grant you a big warning on your account as did mine.

On the other hand, if you are doing it for a RP event or to test, mess around with people YOU KNOW, and is not gaining any advantage for titles or anything, then I think anyone here could say that is legit.

Even if you did attack a player who is 100 levels lower than you and is below level 75 and is not in your PVP range becuase hes team with someone 75 and over....Thats his own damn fault.

Funcom begs to differ, instead of telling the newbie it was his own fault they will blame you and not that guy.

Sorry to confuse you, im just telling you what Funcom told me, so you dont get a warning on your account

EDIT: You mean your going to go to a PVP area, Team him with someone your level and kill him and kick him?

I think he would petition if you did that ;(
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

I don't think he would.
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Talking

BTW - It went flawlessly. Of course the gankee was a bit peeved, especially when it was followed by the inevitable /org kick, but we got the job done.

Never heard a word from FC, this is on admittedly shaky ground because the guy didn't know he was going to get killed and wasn't too pleased about it. But I don't believe he petitioned

--K

Good good
    I am a Tragic Figure

Originally posted by Karanya
    BTW - It went flawlessly. Of course the gankee was a bit peeved, especially when it was followed by the inevitable /org kick, but we got the job done.

Never heard a word from FC, this is on admittedly shaky ground because the guy didn't know he was going to get killed and wasn't too pleased about it. But I don't believe he petitioned

--K

So it wasn\t an RP event after all... You just wanted to kill and kick some guy you didn\t like.

Atl,

Actually, both the event and the reason for the kick/kill were RP related and RPed.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

The guy had been selling confidential information to our enemies. This was all RP-related.

We discovered this, and the organization voted unanimously to execute him by firing squad before removing him from the org.

And so we told him we were having a gathering in the woods, beacon warped him in, announced his sentence and the reason why (while he stood there rooted) and opened fire.

Afterwards, he was booted from the org, and while he said he thought being killed was "inhumane", he did admit OOC what he had been doing and knew the risk he was running when he sold the information.

/me shrugs.

And so he serves as an example of what happens to moles and traitors within the Order of the Lamp.

FWIW - I used my lower character (Karanya) for this, and he wouldn't have stood a chance regardless - a fixer who was within his pvp range was assigned to chain rooting, a trader within his pvp range had his skilled drained down so that he was dealing 15 damage, an enforcer within his pvp range was clubbing him with a beam, and with neither a yalm nor a capability to evac (as a low level adventurer), he was screwed regardless.

--K
    Last edited by Karanya; Sep 2nd, 2002 at 17:45:56.