Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LE bugs/issues

LE bugs/issues

Just starting a thread to gather all the information about the adventurers bugs or the issues you might have with LE. Feel free to post/discuss about them here
    Vassilis - lvl 220/30 Adventurer (RK2)
    Perasma - lvl 207/xx Enforcer
    Martingale - lvl 150/20 Fixer
    Gouryella - lvl 114/12 Trader
    Zocalo - lvl 95/10 Agent

Dark Front
    - Visit our Forums

1) The last proc in the melee advy line, Wilderness Survival (proc name if combustion), is bugged and has ranged req.
    2) The ranged/melee requirement on procs is quite unfair atm compared to all the other professions that don't get any, making half the procs useless. In addition, melee advies don't get any high level research proc (all of them have a ranged tag).
    3) Advy ofab is pretty close to useless at level 220, while some ofab parts are better than combined armor for the other profs.
    4) ~ Everyone got an evades boosts with research, procs or ofab... we get nothing.
    Last edited by Vassilis; Dec 19th, 2006 at 21:46:19.
    Zocalo - lvl 95/10 Agent

Dark Front
    - Visit our Forums

Sums it up pretty nicely. Has anyone checked if aesir absorbtion stacks with our current dmg shields and absorbs? I would be much happier if they took that one out and replaced it with one running "howl of the wolf" for example. Probably a pipedream though...

Just want to add on the combustion perk: If they change it to melee, then ranged wont have any damage procs at all worth mentioning. Further unbalancing damage perk wise. Best thing would be as you said vassilis to remove the melee/range reqs on the procs.
    Mrbock Lvl 220/24/10/10/10/10/10/9/8 Adventurer Proud member of Phoenix Rising Normal PVM Setup Normal PVP Setup

Starting to look like good ol' ineptitude is the reason we have separate melee/ranged procs:

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, we don't even know if its technically possible yet. The current system is designed to fire off a single init. Initial attempts to do the 'maybe it works easily if we do this' changes to allow multiple inits proved that it wasn't a straightforward change. We will keep looking at it, but as of now I couldn't say either way whether it is likely or not given that technical situation. I'd love to be able to give a more concrete update but thats where we stand as of today.
    Edit: Taken from sils response on the doc proc thread in the general LE forums
    Last edited by Phargus; Dec 19th, 2006 at 22:53:52.

Were going to get a response:
    Do to the current network problems and database problems we are currently experiencing some problems with Lost Eden procs(not triggering like they are supposed to,or saying that you need to use melee/ranged attack wrongly) therefor the procs are working as intended and shall not be fixed(specialy trader ones that debuff themselves).Regards Silirrion.

OK, so if it will only fire off one init why not just give adventurers two perks for that level of research? One for the ranged crowd and one for the melee crowd. If the player can't figure out which to activate, Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair.

My $0.02 anyway.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Oo the brain? the strange stuff called intelligence?
    I heard about it;p sometimes...
    but brain or not brain, it's at least strange to have such a jame between perks;p
    and since it's the first time I see you on the forum since I requested a screen from you wearing a jepp in our screenshot thread, plix.. madame;p
    (clix have answered, yes;p)
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=450518
    Nwalker, 1/2, ranged adventurer, president of =ACF= Clair de Lune
    randomletter: I kind of disagree advs are overpowered. IN my hands, yes.
    Entventurer: If ranged (advis) get the same pvp killpower as melee (advis), there will be absolutely no point to melee in pvp.
    Valhallur: If you go with trox, be sure to take the two week course "Humblebien's lessons in the advanced art of how to hit MR".
    <3

what ive seen all LE perks for adv are bad.. nothing useful. might aswell not use em.
    im very dissapointed

WTB more ranged adv love rather than increased gap between melee and ranged.

Melee already have huge advantage over ranged.

BTW I ll not go melee anyway
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Adv only AS pistol please.
    You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Rookie Gank "Wilsonat" Me 220/22/36 adv GODMODE AND NAKED.

Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn View Post
    OK, so if it will only fire off one init why not just give adventurers two perks for that level of research? One for the ranged crowd and one for the melee crowd. If the player can't figure out which to activate, Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair.

My $0.02 anyway.
    That really is a very good idea, at least as a temporary measure till they can work out their code. I'll put up up on the suggestions forum on the off chance that the devs actually read that stuff...

What would then prevent players hotswapping and firing both perks? There would need to be some cooldown that applies to both of the perks once one of them is used.
    Bugsy @ Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by FatBugsy View Post
    What would then prevent players hotswapping and firing both perks? There would need to be some cooldown that applies to both of the perks once one of them is used.
    There already is a mechanism for this since you can only use one Type 1 proc and one Type 2 proc at the same time.
    RETIRED AO-ADDICT WITH A REAL LIFE
    Jaredz - 220/30/70 Adventurer - PvP setup - PvM setup
    Jarfoz - 170/15/25 Enforcer
    Fatalita - 220/22/70 Bureaucrat

Valhall Guardians

"Your signature cannot be longer than 2000 characters including BB code markup."

Right, stupid me. I was thinking regular perks, not procs.
    Bugsy @ Rimor

skin protection is pretty much useless since it will instantly remove your bio-cocon when both perks run at the same time and you get hit.
    RK3
    Lordphoenix (220/19 adv)
    Lucker (174/18 engi)

Skin Protection does mess up cocoon even when it terminates during combat. Here's proof:

>Skin Protection triggered many hits ago
    Your damage shield hit Anun Ripper for 217 points of damage.
    Anun Ripper hit you for 258 points of melee damage.
    You hit Anun Ripper for 695 points of fire damage.
    >activate Bio Cocoon
    You absorbed 268 points of melee damage.
    You hit Anun Ripper for 195 points of fire damage.
    You absorbed 627 points of melee damage.
    You hit Anun Ripper for 801 points of fire damage.
    >Skin Protection nano terminates
    Your damage shield hit Anun Ripper for 186 points of damage.
    Anun Ripper hit you for 260 points of melee damage.

Sent bug report on this too.
    Last edited by Berrenta; Jan 3rd, 2007 at 00:29:23. Reason: reworded first part of post
    Rimor:Berrenta 220/19 adv|Sudayxis 135/8 MP|Rubyfire 15/2 sold|Shadowberren 73/6 agent
    Ashlotte 102/5 keeper|Yetashan 54/1 MA|Rubiam 35/2 NT|Kumatora 40/2 trader
    Atlantean: Maledia 120/5 doctor|Shawaina 30/2 enf|Shellfury 13/1 sold

Proud member of Core (Rimor) and Hands of Fate (Atlantean)
    Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    There is no IRL. There is only active in game, AFK & extended AFK.

This is just me digging in AOMainframe.info and Auno.org.

Exploration
    Aesir Absorbtion (Exploration L8): Looks like it will override all Adventurer damage shields except Cyclic Retribution of the Aesir, Cyclic Revenge of the Valkyrie, and Cyclic Wings of the Phoenix. If an Adventurer has Cyclic Retribution of the Aesir, Cyclic Revenge of the Valkyrie, or Cyclic Wings of the Phoenix running, Aesir Absorbtion will not run. Unconfirmed

Game Wardern
    No issues.

Gunslinger
    No issues.

Keen Eyes
    No issues.

Looks like this line was intended for both Melee and Ranged adventurers, however Melee get a larger init boost than Ranged Adventurers.
    MeleeInit. 50
    RangedInit. 10
    Vassilis says: That's intended and it's been confirmed by FC. It's because there is +50 ranged init in the gunslinger line

Safari Guide
    No issues.

Wilderness Lore
    No issues.

Wilderness Survival
    The Wilderness Survival research line is clearly for 1he users, but Combustion from Wilderness Survival 10 is for ranged users. Ranged Adventurers see no benefit from Wilderness Survival other than Combustion at L10, making this seem to be a bug.
    Last edited by Glarawyn; Jan 2nd, 2007 at 21:35:08.
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn View Post
    Keen Eyes
    Looks like this line was intended for both Melee and Ranged adventurers, however Melee get a larger init boost than Ranged Adventurers.
    MeleeInit. 50
    RangedInit. 10
    That's intended and it's been confirmed by FC. It's because there is +50 ranged init in the gunslinger line
    Zocalo - lvl 95/10 Agent

Dark Front
    - Visit our Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Vassilis View Post
    That's intended and it's been confirmed by FC. It's because there is +50 ranged init in the gunslinger line
    Well then the pendulum swings the other way as pistol advys get 10 more ranged init from research than melee. The difference is probably made up with a Flurry of Blows and other items though.
    MeleeInit. 50
    RangedInit. 60
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    ----

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast