Thread: Microsoft... *lol*

Microsoft... *lol*

Quote:
    "Anarchy crashes with Windows XP service pack 1
    Funcom has discovered that the Anarchy Online client has serious crashes with the Windows XP service pack 1. We are currently getting assistance from Microsoft to fix this problem and it has our highest priority right now. In the meantime, we would like to warn all of you that if you have Windows XP and you do install the service pack 1, you will experience crashes in the game. We will let you know just as soon as we get more information from Microsoft with a fix."

Looks like Microsoft are trying to hijack Anarchy Online

"getting assistance from Microsoft to fix this problem"

Well... What can I say but: GOOD LUCK!!

As if Microsoft would care?
    I mean did they ever care?

Tip of the Day: Remove Win XP and install Dos 6.2 and Win 3.1, that should work about the same...

Anyway... hope they fix it. I have been experiencing some REALLY serious crashes, and I can only assume this is the reason, as the crashes mostly have occured while playing AO. Only solution has been to reinstall Windows, of course leading to further problems... Before this news message I actually suspected a faulty hard drive, but I guess that\s not the case. And that \ instead of the proper character is because I just reinstalled&repaired, and the keymap seems to have changed

This is not Microsoft's problem so why the hell should they care?
    I reported this issue directly to MS after I got my first build of WinXP SP1.
    There response was to check again with the next build.
    Next build had exactly the same problem, so next report from MS told me "Errors confirmed, Funcom need to fix" and my issue was cloased.
    I actually e-mailed Funcom no less than two months ago explaining that I was beta testing WinXP SP1 and that currently AO was not compatible.

The response I had from Funcom was "We do not support beta versions of software".

This is Funcom's issue, it is not Microsoft's responsability and it is an issue that Funcom have known about for at least two months.
    Try placing the blame at the feet of those at fault, don't be a sheep and attempt to put the blame with MS, it is not their fault.

I use Win XP and SP1 (I think, or is SP2 out?) and I don't crash more than normally....so it's not all that crash atleast...
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Just to let u know microsoft does care to a degree, that degree is that they tell what they changed, Microsoft DOES NOT HELP them find and fix just tells them what they changed =/
    that is just infomation i know from friends that makes games.

doh
    Doesn't having the XP automatic update turned on mean that you automatically have all or most of the SP?
    I'm having a major crash problem these days too, but since I haven't played in 6 months, I don't know where it began.
    Does anyone know the exact behavior of this crash?
    My system doesn't really seem to crash, it just slows down to the point of no return, I get one screen refresh every 30 seconds or so and can't change apps, but the network activity light for the specific machine and on the cable modem keeps blinking at the same speed as before the pseudo freeze. Is this the crash that is being spoken of?

p.s. oh, drat...i ended that sentence with a preposition...
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

Originally posted by RoboKa
    doh
    Doesn't having the XP automatic update turned on mean that you automatically have all or most of the SP?
    I'm having a major crash problem these days too, but since I haven't played in 6 months, I don't know where it began.
    Does anyone know the exact behavior of this crash?
    My system doesn't really seem to crash, it just slows down to the point of no return, I get one screen refresh every 30 seconds or so and can't change apps, but the network activity light for the specific machine and on the cable modem keeps blinking at the same speed as before the pseudo freeze. Is this the crash that is being spoken of?

p.s. oh, drat...i ended that sentence with a preposition...

I don't know how the crash in question behaves, but here's what my crash does: While playing AO or shortly after exiting, the system freezes and reboots. Upon reboot I receive the message that Windows is unable to start because the file windows/system32/config/system is damaged or missing (have also had one other file missing like this)

It's not possible to repair the windows instance, since it's not recognised as an operating system on the HD, so only choice is to reinstall. After reinstall, lots of things don't work properly, so I'm left with reformatting and reinstalling again. At least I'm able to rescue all work before I reformat.

Heh like Microsoft cares for Funcom little product.

Sure they like to keep their SP's as compatible as possible but you cant really assure it will work with every software in planet and in this case I think they could care even less, after all they have a competing product themself (AC2 = Turbine/MS).

Anyways, I find it funny that there have been people reporting this to FC earlier and FC has replied:

"We do not support beta versions of software".

Well do you know it is the purpose of Beta testing to find things like this and report them to software makers/OS makers so that they can be fixed but if the reply is like above, I would just shrug my shoulders and say "**** it and continue to other progs".

Then again knowing how well you heeded the warnings of your own product Beta testers and released a _sub_ Beta program as release.... well what can I say.

Zarch and da chars