Thread: Leaked RuR internal memo

Leaked RuR internal memo

Please be on the lookout for a cloud of overly aggressive cleaning nano-bots, last seen headed north from RuR HQ in the Coast of Peace region.

While attempting to find a better formula to better clean my CDS armor, I accidentally compiled a batch of nano-bots who are missing the routine to stop once their task is done.

On the bright side, the lab has never been cleaner. However, please be sure to check the lubrication on any devices you may wish to put to use, as oils and other such compounds were on the nano-bots cleaning lists.

Fortunately, the nano-bot's safety routines are still in place, and all personnel should be safe. However, any regular bots should be kept away from these cleaning bots, or they will need to be taken back to the shop for a complete re-lube.

I have contacted Knightweaver, who will attempt to stop these nano-bots with an EMP burst once they are found.

Please report any sightings of an odd, orange cloud or unusually clean areas.

I think this formula, once re-compiled correctly, has some great applications. I will upload the corrected version to the RuR mainframe for the marketing department to evaluate.

Deagnor
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008

Cleaning Nanobots recovered.

So, with the combined efforts of several members of RuR, the rouge cleaning nanobots have been recovered.

Deagnor lead the team, comprised of himself, Chel, Cluedozer and Knightweaver. Using the 'Fresh Lemony' scent left behind by the nanobots, Chel, in wolf form, was able to track their general location. (note : do not bring lemonade or anything with lemons near Chel for a few days )

We then set up our bait.... we gave Cluedozer several pies (I've only seen McDuff go thru Pies faster) and then let him play with several, dirty, greasy bot parts we had collected. Shortly after, the cloud of nanobots arrived.

Once they were concentrated on Cluedozer (note: save video of Cluedozer trying to swat nanobots for christmas party) Knightweaver performed a low-level EMP burst which neutralized the nanobots. We then used a modified RuR Vacuum-bot to collect the nanobots, to transport them back to the lab.

Final testing showed 100% of the cleaning nanobots recovered, allowing for the self-replenishing mechanisms included in the bots.

Fortunately, I am happy to report the cleaning nanobots did not come near any human habitations, although we did encounter some extremely clean-looking leets and roller-rats along the way.
    Deagnor 204 Solitus Fixer (Omni) Director of R.U.R.
    ---*** Other RuRians ***---
    83 Opti Pistol Advent Motafrancis | Ovnor 161 Solitus Engineer
    117 Nanomage NT Knightweaver | DiceSlice 83 Opti 1HE Advent
    145 NanoMage MP Miner49 | Mohelunz 69 Solitus Doc
    141 Atrox Enf Cluedozer | Icewrench 63 Opti Fixer
    Icelo 57 Opti Keeper
    Sig updated Sept 2, 2008