Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enforcers from NT PoV

Iīd like to see about two things for enfos to be able to fullfill my role as tank of a group:

1) Better taunts!
    I canīt tank if I get no aggro. And the Mongo I can use atm hardly ever makes a diffrence at MOBs that are already aggroed at someone else. Taunt over time with more efficiency sounds very good to me and wonīt hurt anyone (well it kind of would hurt the enforcer *smiles*).
    2) Better surviveability!
    If I do get aggro and no one else heals me Iīm finished off faster than many other profs are even with my high life. A self only heal or, even better, a nice HoT (that lasts longer than 20 sec...) would help I think.

Iīm just a bad substitute to MAs in almost all regards. I canīt get aggro as good as MAs do due to their sheer damage superiority. And they can survive better on their own (even with lower life than me) Because of their heals and better evades.
    If I had to make a choice between an MA or enfo for a team from a pure performance point of view there would be no question on who to take: MA - easy choice IMHO. All I can offer MAs canīt is my Essence but MAs crit, evade and AC buffs should be more than enough to make up for that.
    Hell even Docs tank single MOBs far better than enfos!

Just make us best in that _one_ single aspect weīre meant to be best, make us needed and not that easiely replaceable.

From a Crat/Fixer point of view...

Enf are maybe the most well balanced profession (ma's being a bit too strong right now). All the taunts in the game need STRONGLY addressed. It's not just an Enforcer issue.

Yes, there is never a reason to take an Enf over an MA past 150. But guess what, there is no reason to take ANY profession over an MA past 150. While their healing isn't great, its enough with a group of em. The best possible team for doing xp and missions? 6 martial artists (ok maybe 5 and 1 crat for xp buff & speech).

There is nothing worth the time fighting that an MA's tanking and healing isnt more than enough for.

All of these problems stem from that fact that KILLING ACES AND REAL MEAN LEVEL NPCS/MOBS IS NOT WORTH THE FRIGGIN TIME.

John

yes, lest all go get 20+ mil exp in increments of 30k..... sounds like fun to me!!!!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

I think you didnīt get my point here.
    Crats ainīt supposed to tank, they ainīt supposed to be damage dealers. Crats got crowd control with calms or even charms. Theyīve got other nice buffs like the XP buff you mentioned. They aim at something completely diffrent. No MA can replace a Crat in that regard.
    Now tell me what can an enforcer do an MA canīt? I mean I can buff essence right... but thatīs about all I can think of. Enfos are geared toward dealing damage, tanking and that way keeping the damage from those with lower life and thatīs where an MA is able to completely replace any enforcer.

Soldier view : what can we do then ? i am not saying you dont need anything.... but how about soldier ? do you think we are okey like this? (just saying)
    (Original) lvl 200 Neutral -Soldier-
    Lance"Jovilen" Scheer

Well Soldiers _should be_ unmatched ranged fighters, kind of like the counterpart of enforcers in ranged combat. Unfortunatly close combat and ranged combat donīt make such a huge diffrence in the game.
    But I donīt wanna say all other classes are fine and Enfos need help. Actually I said Enfos are quite fine (at least blunt enfos) with just MA beeing better in _all_ regards. Than again - I donīt want any class to get nerfed.
    Also AFAIK Soldiers have been next in line to get some love after NTs and get some really, really great buffs (like heavy weapons which in fact could help an edged enfo greatly) whereas no one seems to be able to tell us when even a few planed edged buffs will be available. It seems like FunCom doesnīt want to do any dedicated Profession love patches anymore though. Letīs just hope your buffs AND ours will come out eventally.

Originally posted by Midnight
    Well Soldiers _should be_ unmatched ranged fighters, kind of like the counterpart of enforcers in ranged combat. Unfortunatly close combat and ranged combat donīt make such a huge diffrence in the game.
    But I donīt wanna say all other classes are fine and Enfos need help. Actually I said Enfos are quite fine (at least blunt enfos) with just MA beeing better in _all_ regards. Than again - I donīt want any class to get nerfed.
    Also AFAIK Soldiers have been next in line to get some love after NTs and get some really, really great buffs (like heavy weapons which in fact could help an edged enfo greatly) whereas no one seems to be able to tell us when even a few planed edged buffs will be available. It seems like FunCom doesnīt want to do any dedicated Profession love patches anymore though. Letīs just hope your buffs AND ours will come out eventally.
    unfortunately not many of us know, the 2 guys who say official stuff here, their english isn't exactly up to par. here's what we hope they mean when they say there's not going to be any more dedicated professional love patch. "we won't dedicate any patch to just 1 profession so a variety of profs will get some love together". <---this is what we hope. i agree that NTs should not get theirs before the others that needs it, but we would just like to see it soon.

if we have to share several patches of fixes with soldiers and enforcers, great! i'd love to see how they'd be able to fix the two (basically) trox classes. they've done a good job with fixers and adventurers. good but definitely not overpowered(MAs are a little over the edge, but well within safety limits).

(btw, sort of my view towards sol, enf, NT)
    NT = pure dmg, get hit once and they croak
    Enf = pure tank, not much dmg, but they can take beating better than slayerdroid, best agro pull prof
    Sol = half decent tank, good range dmg, can switch to close combat if needed

before u flame, i'd just like to say that when i first started playing last sept., i've already sent in the idea quite a few times that range attacks have penalties at close range, with roots and melee having no way to get close, this will fix some severe problems without needing to overpower melee classes' dmg to compensate. other than "burst", close range weapons should have to do a little more work staying away from an opponent to keep the distance so they can aim their gun. this especially so with agents and rifles. also movement of character during fighting should -ams and +dms (hidden bonus/penalty).

brainstorming during a post is a really bad habit of mine =)
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Originally posted by Rayfield...

(btw, sort of my view towards sol, enf, NT)
    NT = pure dmg, get hit once and they croak
    Enf = pure tank, not much dmg, but they can take beating better than slayerdroid, best agro pull prof
    Sol = half decent tank, good range dmg, can switch to close combat if needed
    Thatīs close to what I think and exactly what is _not_ the case right now.
    For example if you want to kill tk itīs far better to ask an engi or mp to let their pet tank or the "best-tank-ever" MA than an enfo because frankly: enfos suck in tanking unless a very good doc helps out in which case almost anyone could tank (including the doc himself). Either I donīt get aggro or if I do I donīt survive very long under fire. And donīt tell me iīve got so much life, 10k life are gone in no time tanking tk or even a red mob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12