Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Armor Designs by Xaun

New Armor Designs by Xaun

I know that most people are not exactly thrilled with the appearance of their Tier armor and most people generally dislike the OFAB altogether. So I am working on my own sets of designs based on the current engine in AO and going on the principal of what the ideal looking adventurer would be. Please post any ideas or suggestions into this thread.

The link where the collected images will go: >>Linky<<

PS: Even tho its likely none of these ideas will ever see a test or live server as an artist it is something I think would be fun to do even just as an excercise. And well who knows maybe someone at funcom might like the ideas and implement them in some fashion. So thanks in advance for any input you might be able to give me about your favorite class.

PSS: I am doing this for every profession in AO so please keep suggestions in this thread only to this profession.

Thank you,

im only going to say:There is no godmode with keepers.

On a side note:most of us are morphed 99% of the time,so i dont care how my armor looks like,i want it to have good buffs(like +90 to 1hedged on chest and/or +75 to gloves) :P

yeah make 1 peice of advy ofab better than the AI armors.

"There's nothing wrong with the (ranged advy) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent."
    dgdgdgdg018:I kinda prefer my method of simply calling them morons and retards. sadly, people claim "that is not an argument".thus in the future i shall say -
    you, dear sir, are a moron because
    1) inbreeding perhaps?
    2) got dropped on your head as a child a lot and as a result have impaired intelligence ?
    3) are bored and have decided to troll?
    4) suffer from ADD and dyslexia?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    why it's almost like a form letter, and i can sign it as-
    Laughing at you, DG

I mean surely i have provided reasons on par with said posters original arguments, haven't I ?

So I take it this is a pretty common thing amongst Adv's.. who cares how it looks I am gonna be morphed anyway?

Pretty armour, the triumph of style over substance :P
    220/30 Ranged Advy, Neut 'n proud of it. Moxet
    220/25 NT Moxilla
    220/29 Moxdacrat
    150/14 Doc
    200/18 MP
    various other bits n bobs

Yeah, I guess morphing is the way to go, but to those occasions when that isn't the case, I'd like to see something wind-blown, resilient, yet sleek. Like a high-tech armor that has dust/rust all over it. A bit like like the cyborgs, but more 'human'. Not any big bulging parts like shoulderpads, very practical-looking. helmet maybe open but vith some kind of visor to protect the eyes from the sun/wind. Something that doesn't restrict your movements. No really sharp edges either, they are unpractical in the wilderness. I have a vision, but can't put it into words, or into picture either, it would look horrible. But maybe someone can add to this. And no camouflage texture!
    -Haloer

------
    Sepekeeper/Haloer/Missadvy, supporting our local Omni-Tek branch office.

a red indian/amazon look?

a bikini thingy for female toons maby? would go great with the machette :P

"There's nothing wrong with the (ranged advy) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent."
    dgdgdgdg018:I kinda prefer my method of simply calling them morons and retards. sadly, people claim "that is not an argument".thus in the future i shall say -
    you, dear sir, are a moron because
    1) inbreeding perhaps?
    2) got dropped on your head as a child a lot and as a result have impaired intelligence ?
    3) are bored and have decided to troll?
    4) suffer from ADD and dyslexia?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    why it's almost like a form letter, and i can sign it as-
    Laughing at you, DG

I mean surely i have provided reasons on par with said posters original arguments, haven't I ?

hehe ok noted. I agree with your premise behind the sveltness of it. It should be function as well as form to match. I was thinking of a visor kinda like what is already in the game. Something similar to this:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=86443

maybe with an earpiece. The outfit something almost tribal in a way sounds definantly a good way to go. I like the lions leather but something a bit more rugged and durable looking..

Definantly an idea to go with.. got my gears turning at least..

And I plan to make a secondary set of designs for girls that could be an option. Girls will have the choice of wearing either the male form or female style of clothing much like Miir fashion. So that the ones who want to have a very sexy seductive and slightly revealing style can and those who do not are not forced to.

we have leet form,leet form > all

Make us look like Bobba Fett, he's the true adventurer.
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Make us look like Bobba Fett, he's the true adventurer.
    i hate star wars,but Bobba Fett is le king ;/

something with a cloak that has a wolf head for a hood.

Something that is NOT brown and boring like Tier armor. Looks like we have been out rolling around in a pile of mud.
    Not sure...something dark with some strong red'ish coloration on it maybe.
    I could roll with a futuristik (sp?) indian/amazon looking kind of armor.
    "Sincerity is an openness of heart that is found in very few people. What we usually see is only an artful disguise people put on to win the confidence of others." ~François de La Rochefoucauld

I would quite like something from the gundam wing series mechs, they look soooo good, something like this perhaps?

Something old school advy, sort of safari suit a bit akin to what Indiana Jones or Steve Irwin wore.

Obviously not with a Ray's tail through the chest as per Irwin

seems the majority of you want something that is a tribalesque throwback of sorts. Rouge'ish, rugged.. Bobba-fett is a cool one for sure but that is more the way I would imagine clan vs omni due to the mythos around AO.

I like the idea Xaun. As for what it could look like..? I am not artistic, so don't look at me for suggestions other than sci-fi Indiana Jones

i want huge shoulderpads! and a cloak like the agents chest maybe camo with a net over it or black with chainmail hanging from the neck and slinging to the left/right and pants that dont look like they crush our giblets nice and roomy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psythe View Post
    You kinda look like Criss Angel the MIND FREAK!!!

The LOTR nazgul fits it quite well.

http://sdh.gmxhome.de/nazgul.jpg
    Elier (220/21) Undertaker and Leach Nurse
    Elieradv(214/15) Shapeshifter and General Leet
    ElierTrox( leveling ) Champion Pie Eater and Gun Slinger

God heals and the Doctor takes the fee.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast