Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yall gotta see this =PP

Yall gotta see this =PP

was browsing the web aimlessly during my 12 hour workday and found this article:

http://www.somethingawful.com/article.php?id=146
    -------------------------------------
    Zerpentor lvl 213 Enforcer
    Lequack lvl 201 MP
    Ziele lvl 180 Soldier

LOL!!!
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Just a couple things to point out.
    1. The review was done 06/07/2001
    2. The reviewer has, to my knowledge, never returned.
    3. The reviewer obviously knew absolutely nothing and did not care to find out anything about the game when he could say this
      I picked the most worthless profession I could find, the Bureaucrat class

He was pretty much on a flame campaign, looking for targets, which AO was an easy on in 06/01. But Lequack, you don't just find articles over a year old while wandering aimlessly on the web, now do you?
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

dude its funny cause it's true i was there. i used to set my vew distance/grapics options to 0 when i had to goto trade. look at my feet and run arouind using the mini map.

Errr... I assume you failed to see the humor in all that then?

I've read it before and I still find it hilarious. : )
    Freshmeat James "Brunis" Brun TL4
    Apprentice Pippi "Smooches" Longstocking TL7 Teh Crap

omg RK1!
    The "Smoo" Smooo!

ITAMZ OR PK!

ehehehehe, I'm to blame for that review. i was actually working in an office with "Lowtax" and got hooked on AO. he constantly saw me playing it over my shoulder so he gave it a shot. needless to say unless u really bought into the game concept in those days it wasnt worth playing.

anyways sorry for exposing the AO world to Lowtax, if its any consolation shortly after that article he was let go if i recall rightly =)

Originally posted by Smooches
    Errr... I assume you failed to see the humor in all that then?

I've read it before and I still find it hilarious. : )
    No, it was humorous...a year ago. Now it's more sad than anything else. Or rather that people still attempt to bring that up when it's no longer applicable.

What I want is Lowtax to revisit and post his findings now. Or might that accidently make him a somewhat credible reviewer instead of someone whose entire website is pretty much devoted to flaming others? The one thing I actually respected about Lum the Mad, despite often disagreeing with him on almost everything, was that he actually did more than whine about everything.

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Ohh my...
    Kuroshio...i dont know how to say this without flaming...

Thats how the game was 1 year ago, and u cant rewrite history just because its better today. The review was a darn funny one, written with humor.
    And i can assure u that this guy will prolly write another "good" and funny review from the state the game is at now.

The game still have lots of bugs, it's more stable and all that...but ppl still ld +alot of other bugs. And the "storyline" is missing along with stuff to do for the high lvl end of the game.

Sure it was a "flame-campain".... but does it matter? because most of it was true.

Originally posted by Fryli
    Ohh my...
    Kuroshio...i dont know how to say this without flaming...

Thats how the game was 1 year ago, and u cant rewrite history just because its better today. The review was a darn funny one, written with humor.
    And i can assure u that this guy will prolly write another "good" and funny review from the state the game is at now.

The game still have lots of bugs, it's more stable and all that...but ppl still ld +alot of other bugs. And the "storyline" is missing along with stuff to do for the high lvl end of the game.

Sure it was a "flame-campain".... but does it matter? because most of it was true.
    Flame away. Won't matter to me. 'LowIQ' would have been a much better moniker for the article's author than 'Lowtax'. And I doubt that this guy will write another anything. If you look a little harder, you'll note the last Game Review done by SA was 07/19/01.

Something Awful was just a cheap, low rent knock off of LumtheMad.net. At least Lum's reviews around that period did more than pander to the lowest common denominator

What I want is Lowtax to revisit and post his findings now. Or might that accidently make him a somewhat credible reviewer instead of someone whose entire website is pretty much devoted to flaming others?
    Heh, if he actually started doing that.. SA wouldn't be very interesting anymore.

Lowtax writes hilarious stuff.. I've read just about every article on SA about 10 times over[my personal favorites are the legal threats].. and if he turned himself into a 'credible reviewer', something awful would be just as boring and commonplace as most other sites on the net.

lol, Kuroshio.

Sit down, shut the **** up and see the humour in it. Have you ever seen something serious on something awful? Geez.

It's funnehy as hell!!!1 Like evarthing else on someting awfel!!!1 L33t!!1
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Originally posted by Wo "Caol" Ha
    lol, Kuroshio.

Sit down, shut the **** up and see the humour in it. Have you ever seen something serious on something awful? Geez.

It's funnehy as hell!!!1 Like evarthing else on someting awfel!!!1 L33t!!1
    My beef has always been with Something Awful. I could care less about what they actually say about anyone. I find SA about as humorous as the prospect of getting a circumcision by a blind rabbi during an earthquake.

I'm a Lummie at heart cause at least Lum made you use that thing on your shoulders for something more than a hatrack. Least until Lum when Mythic and the rest of the writers went Ego. But seeing as how little the article has to do with PvP, I'll bring it somewhere near this forum's intent by responding to your request to 'stfu' with a passing observation on who I said SA panders to...and your support of it

Sigh..

SA is in no way serious, Lowtax does in no way consider himself to be any kind of serious reviewer. Something Awful is there for amusement, the things Lowtax writes are nothing but sarcasm-soaked jokes.. simple. His articles aren't there to be taken seriously.. as that seems to be what you're trying to do.

You don't like SA.. that's fine. But please, don't bash them because they're not as serious and credible as you'd like them to be.. even though they're not trying to be either serious or credible. And if you do think they're trying to be one or the other but are just failing miserably, then damn, you have a horrible misconception of the entire SA website and should refrain from participating in any form of SA bashing ever again.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Nyderach; Sep 1st, 2002 at 07:42:30.

Amen.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

This is fun like hell.. i remeber when it was like this
    playing for 5 mins at the time.. i think that u hafto rembet thos days to think that this is fun

well i loved it

hahahhahahahahahhahahah
    w00p w00p!!

ehehehe, yeah after having met lowtax and gotten to know him a bit i can say he most definately wont try and review the game now that its stable and whatnot. most of the point to his initial review was he saw how horribly it played on my box and he thought it would be an easy mark for some bashing and sarcastic wit which he has aplenty. now that it isnt, of course he wont redeem the game, fair reviews is not what SA is about. they did their thing with AO at a time in which they could get away with it thanks to the bugginess of the early days, enjoy it or ignore it. dont hate.

mucho LOL and so veryyyyyy true

Lol! hihi now that was funny. ;p
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast