Thread: SA without conceal

SA without conceal

Hoki.
    Imma gonna reset when then adv nano gets out. And I gonna reset conceal too I guess, since I dont do catacombs no more.

A certain pompous professional enfo(with a high lvl shade alt) showed me his skill, with a 100% SA without beeing concealed in a inf mish, and I cannot replicate this, not even on the BY guard. Even tried beeing behind him @ pop, but couldnt SA him 100%.

Soooo whats the trick?
    Any skilled melees out there?

basically, you run in, spam SA, and hope it goes off before the mob notices you generally when i do it, i come around corners etc and do it, or through doorways

guess, high runspeed, and no lag are ya best bets.
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

Yeah, best try to get as close as possible like red said, around a corner or whatever. Make sure you're the first person to hit the mob, too. Run straight towards the mob, spamming tab and SA and it generally works for me. Works much better on RK than SL dungeons though, in my experience.
    214/20 Adv - Entventurer
    217+ Engi - Entity206
    220/20 Doc - Entagain
    220 Shade - Reali
    Orgless & Stripped.
    Awesome tradeskillers.

In RK missions I seen SA land for 90% of times min. In SL, lets say about 50%. Check your map and rush to mob. I haven't seen a increase in SA hits if you are behind it, so I just rush, tab and hit SA.

You have to get in first. Once the mob has seen someone and gone agg, you won't be able to SA (or AS) them without being concealed. Kinda like Advy calms, gotta get them before they notice that there is something going on.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn View Post
    You have to get in first. Once the mob has seen someone and gone agg, you won't be able to SA (or AS) them without being concealed. Kinda like Advy calms, gotta get them before they notice that there is something going on.
    I dont agree, since i can still SA even if mob is fightning somone else as long they are behind closed door; then i just spam SA while opening em and land it almost always.
    Doesnt work if the door is opened and around corners though. With corners i need to strike first for SA to land.

u know, I've been doing this almost naturaly for a long time now but nvr took a minute to observe the rules involved with what I was doing...I think your approach to the mob has the most influence, running fast, and attempting to land SA BEFORE u stop seems to work the best, some ppl have mentioned that jumping over the mob helps, I practiced that as well, but had little or no effect imo. I have been lucky enough a few times tyo get in an SA and a BS by running up facing a mob, jumping over it for the BS...but I couldn't freakin duplicate the results when I tried yesterday in an LE mish. alot of work, but when u get it down to muscle memory, that fat SA makes a big difference, plus it breaks up the tedium that exists in adve melee, adve melee in team oriented missions/raids is very boring imo, we lack any real high dmg specials, and beyond perks, and brawl on aliens, the only one we can rly use, BS, seems to draw more aggro than it deserves in raids situations.. wtb better taunts for enfoz! I would say that unconcealed SA is not an exact science, but one of those things that work great and make u feel good when it lands, and u can look forward to improving with much practice.

yah, moving, being the first to attack, and hit SA at the exact max range seems to be the best way to get them in. Having a constant and massive doorlag would not:P I wonder if SA really is about sync issues

Badorde 220/30 ranger troxer adphy
    Mindsphere 220/30 soli crattikus
    Crowey 220/30 nindja tr0xs healthgivas
    Badorder 220/30 pewpew troks reflector
    Badodor 220/30 tarder