Thread: Pvp exploits and issues

Pvp exploits and issues

I've finally dragged myself back to a game that I had long since abbandoned (around 14.2)

Now that I'm back I notice a few things different.

Right before I left, the biggest exploit craze was those damn biograft heal things that clicked heal, but didn't lock skill (i.e. infinite healing).

I assume they fixed this?

But now, i see a new exploit.

For some reason, there are a few people every time I go to pvp who simply do NOT die.

You get them below what looks like 0 percent life, and they just keep fighting. You keep attacking and doing damage, and nothing happens. Eventually you die, because they cannot. Has anyone else witnessed this? I saw this 2 times in tir tonight, and 1 time in omni-ent (on rubi 1).

The other issue I've noticed, completely unrelated to exploits, is trader debuffs and nano resist.

Is nano-resist a broken skill? Even with maxxed green resist and a couple resist implants, it still seems to do nothing against roots or debuffs or anything.

Finally, what is the problem with trader debuffs you say?

Well, there wouldn't be one if you could resist them a reasonable amount of the time.

But they just stick one after another on you, until you can't fight back at all.

Now it seems to me, that a skill in which no profession has a chance of defeating is broken.

Add this to the fact that the formula adds to the trader's attack, allowing more crits with those silly shotguns, add the healing formula they have which unlike any form of damage works at 100% and you have a problem which I can't seem to find a method of overcoming.

The more I fight the more I believe that trader debuff skills should be given a much higher defense check, something akin to slow casting nanotech nukes.

The simplest way to get people to notice a problem is to horribly abuse it to the point the boards are filled with outcry.

If something isn't done soon I believe I will invest a couple million credits to build a few traders and abuse the arenas until enough people get upset about it.

Well dont know if its an exploit but i do know...

that while fighting in camelot, you come accross a omni or clan press Q all your specials, and nothing happens then ten miutes later i get "you've been hit by blahblah for blahblah points of dmg etc... and it seems i actualy hit back even though im in 100% siting trying to fight lag and noone around then im sudenly in hallway, dead and have white screen, that white screen thing stays for about 5 mins sometimes longer and i see ppl chatting saying things liek "your making a good punchback (insert name here)" or "Sploitah! ;p"

you die about 5-8 times from dmg/reflect shields becouse in reality your still trying to to hit someone whos atacking even though you cant hit them we all know just trying is enough for reflect/dmg shield to hit you. After all that a person does /quit and once he comes back online he has 0 health and dies again from a dot. Whooo a reclaim! finnaly

Atleast thats what happened to me so you can blame it all on lag

Yep I bet it was the lagmonster.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

1, Nano resist works if u max it and go full deff (u will resis som nukes and debuffs)

2, i think Mot started a thread about this but i dont know if it is a xsploit. but it has happend and somtimes peoples wont die. i can be lag or buggd HP bars dont know.. but i happes
    w00p w00p!!

Yeah, the 0 health bar thing.. I had it happen a couple times on accident and now I can reproduce it with 100% success. Not that I do it, but just saying, it can be done on purpose and I've no doubt a lot of people are. I tried to report it the first time it happened and sat in 4 holes being beaten on, couldn't die, couldn't run due to being at 0 health, for hours.. my agent's rifle fell off because I got sick of people beating me and started attacking back and I ran out of ammo. Anyway I petitioned and sat there waiting, and getting used for a punching bag for a LONG time.. before a friend came and rescued me with team grid phreak. Despite my shouts of "Uh, don't attack me please, it's pointless, I can't die, I've sent a petition." They continued, scrolling my screen with a million "You've been killed by weapon damage." messages. This was before 14.4 but the exploit still works and is still in use by some people.

That said it's about useless unless you're a melee type, because poof, there went all your ammo, since all your stuff is in reclaim. Same goes for nano kits and whatnot, though I guess you don't need them so much if you're invincible :P

--K

Re: Pvp exploits and issues

Originally posted by Mightykirby

Well, there wouldn't be one if you could resist them a reasonable amount of the time.

You can.

If something isn't done soon I believe I will invest a couple million credits to build a few traders and abuse the arenas until enough people get upset about it.
    Oh no!

Well traders are the flavor of the month. They might be cool until the dreaded nerf comes and then something else will be best.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

the thing is, traders have been nerfed in pvm with the heals...
    in pvp they took away heals, but added the fact that traders can make people OE on weapons by a lot
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

You missed the point

First, I don't mean people who live through a few hits more than normal.

I really meant people who can have everyone in sight attacking them and they simply will not die.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can.
    You miss the point, yes you CAN resist them, you can resist anything.

The problem with a lot of roots, and debuffs, and snares etc. is that you can't reliably resist them.

I suppose my previous MMORPG experience is what causes me to believe that nano resist is not working right.

In any other game, if you raise your resist stat enough you WILL NOTICE a huge difference in the amount of spells or whatever landed on you.

The problem with AO is sliding my bar to full defensive has a larger impact on resisting hostile formulas than having maxxed skill and a set of 3 nano resist implants. I don't know about you, but this doesn't seem right.

/shrug

Oh and

quote:

Oh no!
    If you can think of a better way to change things than to piss people off and convince them there is a problem, I'd like to hear it.

Originally posted by Tolbat
    1, Nano resist works if u max it and go full deff (u will resis som nukes and debuffs)
    I invite you to try out my 800+ NR, and yes, at 0% aggro.
    Never works for me in PvP, and only seldom in PvM.

mmm...just a question...I was doing some PvP yesterday in 2ho and i fought a clan trader and MA, the MA wasent a problem but the trader seems to insta cast his best 2 drains on me and only a sec after root me?...how is this posible? (he was lvl 60'ish)

/Frost

*lil edit*
    He never got me tho
    Filthgrinder, Soldier Of Legion[size=0.1]
    <<<¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤(O)¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤>>>[/size]
    Do you belive?
    Which Personality Disorder Do I Have?
    My type is: KAE.
    Killer 93% - Achiever 66% - Explorer 26% - Socializer 13%
    <<<¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤(O)¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤>>>

Account Created : 2001-06-27 13:42:4

client - > server - > another client synchro issues usually (lag)

in camelot ill be fighting, go back behind in a safe area and start buffing, then all of a sudden i got nanos like mind quake, frost coronet, drains, roots, nukes, inidebuffs and etc hit me...REALLY annoying cause i have to sit in the corner and wait for it to wear off like a little wuss (debuffs...oh my god....kinda wished i leveled my trader more )

Originally posted by Frost
    mmm...just a question...I was doing some PvP yesterday in 2ho and i fought a clan trader and MA, the MA wasent a problem but the trader seems to insta cast his best 2 drains on me and only a sec after root me?...how is this posible? (he was lvl 60'ish)

/Frost

*lil edit*
    He never got me tho
    This is because he was probably already fully drained, and just need to hit you 2 times to refresh his top divest and plunder. Traders often charge up on a mob near PvP zones, and then calm it or kill it, before hitting the 25 percent and killing you too.

resisting is kinda pointless

Nanoresist may work but against a trader its just a matter of time before he lands the debuffs needed to kill you.

I have Over 1k nanoresist and i fight 100% def and i stil get debuffed by trader and the doc init debuff lands alot too.

Because they will chain cast til it lands. I dont know the nanocost on the highest ransack/deprive - but it should be alot - like 1k IMO. I got a feeling all trader debuffs are too cheap nanowise or you would not see so many atrox sucessfully playing a casting class.

Heheh - it would be cool if when u resist a hostile nano -there is a small chance it runs on the person who cast it instead of you!!!

I dunno - im not trying to call for a N*** on traders - we all agreed n*** suxxorz but i do see these guys drastically unbalance pvp - if u take 4 omni and 4 clan of approx same lvl and put them in 2ho - u have pretty much a balanced 4 on 4 battle - it u replace any of the 8 participants with a trader, the battle just ended.