Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Game Director for Anarchy Online

New Game Director for Anarchy Online

As I write this a press release is appearing on our sites announcing the arrival of a new Game Director for Anarchy Online. This time though, at least for me, posting about it has a little extra significance as I have had the honour of being asked to take the helm on the game and become the new Game Director.

Having been involved in AO since beta as a player, then a fan site manager, then being hired to come here as Community Manager and later part of the management team its a privilege to be asked to take over the game.

You can read the full press release here.

Its been a huge honour to have worked on the game so far, and I am thrilled to be able to take it forward myself and help shape and craft the game over the coming years. Morten (Znore) has been a great mentor and a pleasure to work with and I am sure that the XBox fans of Age of Conan are getting the best man for the job.

So what now?

We will be moving forward with new updates and new content, keep an eye out for more details on that in the near future and I look forward to many years of Anarchy Online to come.

I won't be disappearing from the forums either never fear. I have never minded explaining our thoughts and ideas and won't stop now.

Finally a huge thanks to all of you, the players, as without you there wouldn't be an Anarchy Online and seeing people enjoying the game world is why we are all here
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Congratulations hopefully you'll do as good a job as Znore, but I have no reason to doubt that

Who will be the new community manager?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

We will be hiring a new community manager, in the interim Famine and Tarib (our German Community Manager) will make sure things keep ticking over, and AO wise I don't intend to disappear from the forums
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

Grats, and I thought Znore just got shy and that's why he hasn't spoke to the players in so long! Truth was that you had his job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Wow, nice "ding", congratulations!

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    ... and AO wise I don't intend to disappear from the forums
    I'll take that as a promise and hope you keep it.

Grats by the way!
    ಠ_ಠ

Congratulations, and best of luck. I'm sure you will be great for the game, I just hope the new Community Manager will be as good as the previous one
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Will there be any camping in your GD era? ^^ Gz!
    Level 220/26 - Trader : Zyphoria - Equip
    Level 219/18 - Keeper : Zypho - Equip
    Ragnarok - RK1 Atlantean

...Forever shall the trader in me desire the baby in you...

Playing a high level Trader makes Abu Ghraib look like a luxory spa and resort!

CONGRATS Sil!!!!!

You'ev done an awesome job here on the forums, looking forward to that continuing in your role as Game Director
    Slynthia - 220 - Solitus - Trader - RK1 - Terminal Velocity
    Sidus - 120 - Solitus - Enforcer - RK1 - Terminal Velocity

BEST! THREAD! EVER!

sobeguy: It is the Way of the Trader to laugh in the face of adversity, smile in the face of death, and enjoy the in-flight peanuts when you realize your plane just lost a wing.

Woot Congratulations! I noticed it when i searched for new posts written by you and saw - Game director (warm feeling hit me guess its for good ) . Was bit confused and now i found the official thread.

"You feel the core of you being shift, as the source makes for a divine presence. Silirrion has reached enlightenment"

Congrats

Congratulations Sil!

I think you've done a great job staying active and interacting with the community here on the forums. I know we (the players) don't always agree, which is to be expected, but it's comforting to at least know we are being heard.

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback and insight into the game's direction. I respect the challenges I'm sure you have faced in your role, and admire your dedication to AO. I am certain that dedication will carry over into your new position.

Thank you for being a part of what makes AO more than 'just a game'.

-Vlain
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Thumbs up

Awesome news & congrats Sil!

Quote Originally Posted by Vincentprice View Post
    Wow, nice "ding", congratulations!
    Congratulations
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphoria View Post
    Will there be any camping in your GD era? ^^ Gz!
    Hehe "No"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozball View Post
    CONGRATS Sil!!!!!

You'ev done an awesome job here on the forums, looking forward to that continuing in your role as Game Director
    *hugs* Good luck Silirrion And thanks

gratz sil
    take some of the gamesuggestions first and bring them lieve

Gratz Sil. That came unexpected for me.
    Last edited by Shareida; Feb 20th, 2007 at 17:54:27.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Gratz Sil. That came unexpected for me. What was the reason the old Game director left? I did not find any relevant information to that in the letter.
    "Previous Game Director to lead ‘Age of Conan’ Xbox 360 development team"

While Morrison picks up the reins on ‘Anarchy Online’, previous Game Director Morten Byom takes on the role as Assistant Game Director for ‘Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures’.
    Last edited by Vassilis; Feb 20th, 2007 at 17:56:56.
    Vassilis - lvl 220/30 Adventurer (RK2)
    Perasma - lvl 207/xx Enforcer
    Martingale - lvl 150/20 Fixer
    Gouryella - lvl 114/12 Trader
    Zocalo - lvl 95/10 Agent

Dark Front
    - Visit our Forums

oh cool!

Well congratulations to you Sil!
    lol I wondered when you were gonna step it up buddy

see ya 'round
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

gratz, mister engineer automaton
    can every nanomage on rubi-ka get a free Burden to celebrate your promotion?
    6E 61 6E 6F-6D 61 67 65-20 66 69 78-65 72 2C 20 77 61 72 72-69 6F 72 20-6F 66 20 63-79 62 65 72 73 70 61 63-65
    The immortal one is Love.
    The immortal one is Hate.
    The immortal one is me.
    Embrace me and i shall embrace thou
    _..-=>My guide for the fixer grid <=-.._
    gorkamorka!

Big Congratulations Sil
    ~*~ En bra lögn räcker längre än tusen röda rosor ~*~

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast