Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OPTC: Terrorists attacks Omni-Mining HQ in Clon****

OPTC: Terrorists attacks Omni-Mining HQ in Clon****

February 20, 29481 - [Global]

OTPC: This weekend Omni-Tek was once again victim of a ruthless terrorist attack which injured several Omni-Mining employees and sent several others to reclaim terminals.

The damage from the attack could have been worse but due to excellent surveillance work from Omni-AF, the hostile activity was detected and a security warning was issued across most Omni-Tek cities. Additionally, a large group of loyal and trustworthy corporation employees stood their ground and pushed the attack back.

Omni-Mining Director Connor Rhees was not present in the Headquarters at the time of the attack but OTPC has received a statement from his secretary stating, and we quote: "This is a ruthless and violent attack against peaceful corporation employees carrying out their work. "

The difference between a terrorist and freedom fighter is that terrorists strike civilian targets while freedom fighters target military infrastructure. An Omni mining operation qualifies as a military target, so it's the kind of thing clan freedom fighters would hit.

And don't give me crap about "the innocent" mining technicians. Contractors know their jobs have politcal meaning and they wouldn't have been there had they not believed in Omni-Tek's ruthless and inhumane causes.

And really... no one got perma-killed. The clans don't pull that nonsense. So some OT employees got sent to reclaim and had a slight fever and vomitting while rezzing. So what? The only injustice I could see here is if the corporation didn't pay them for ressurection sickness in the line of duty.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Oh what a pile of crap...
    What about all those Omni attacks on Old Athen, West Athen, and Tir huh? There are lil kids running around in our cities, but that doesn't stop Omni goons from shooting the streets up now does it?
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    What about all those Omni attacks on Old Athen, West Athen, and Tir huh?
    I believe the word you were looking for is "counter-attack", based on the Sentinel attack on Rome after Silverstone's rallying cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    There are lil kids running around in our cities, but that doesn't stop Omni goons from shooting the streets up now does it?
    In the future, perhaps you should consider moving your children to a safer location when you and/or your comrades launch an attack on Omni-Tek, in the event that there is a response from Omni-Tek.
    Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang ((Rimor))
    Roleplaying Profile of Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang
    The story continues: "Live by the Sword..."

OT Protects eh?

Looks more like crying to me...
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    OT Protects eh?

Looks more like crying to me...
    Well I did suggest at the last Omni Board of Directors meeting that we change our slogan to "Omni-Tek Tries to Protect" in light of the loss of 4 Holes and other set backs. The suggestion did not did not go down too well. I guess it sounds a bit defeatist.

Also, changing all that stationery is really, really expensive.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

hahaha

Thats too funny, Dabblez.

Oh my goodness.. again I find myself asking if its wrong to love an Omni.. *sends some nice flowers and candies left over from Valentines day to Dabblez*

Quote Originally Posted by Feyde View Post
    I believe the word you were looking for is "counter-attack", based on the Sentinel attack on Rome after Silverstone's rallying cry.
    silverstone's attack on Rome?! :O

and what about my vicious mob attacking everything with an omni-tek sign in borealis
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

I've already made clear how I feel about that debacle.

This was something meaningful.
    Roland "Monczeli" Faoláin - 189/11/42 - Assembly

egadsrk2: I can't recall the last time I played this game with pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by Feyde View Post
    In the future, perhaps you should consider moving your children to a safer location
    Kinda hard to do when ya'll attack our cities day and night. I'd imagine you'd be happy if we threw them out to the Wailing Wastes, Mort, or somewhere else where the wild life would get a meal uh?

Clanners Protest, and you shoot at us.
    They beg for freedom, and you shoot at us.
    We try to band together, and you shoot at us.
    We shoot back, and then you go running home with your tail between your legs, to cover your yellow belly, and say how mean *we* are... HAH!

Don't start fights you can't finish. Put up or shut up.
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC View Post
    February 20, 29481 - [Global]

OTPC: This weekend Omni-Tek was once again victim of a ruthless terrorist attack which injured several Omni-Mining employees and sent several others to reclaim terminals.

The damage from the attack could have been worse but due to excellent surveillance work from Omni-AF, the hostile activity was detected and a security warning was issued across most Omni-Tek cities. Additionally, a large group of loyal and trustworthy corporation employees stood their ground and pushed the attack back.
    From what I see here the clan attackers are the ones who ran home with the "tail between their legs" after they were defeated...

P.S. Good job Omnis
    Last edited by Aerya; Feb 21st, 2007 at 04:01:58.
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    Squad Commander of First Order (retired)
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.
    We do not KILL people... We PROCESS them

Quote Originally Posted by Aerya View Post
    From what I see here the clan attackers are the ones who ran home with the "tail between their legs" after they were defeated...
    You assume that the purpose of the attack was to stay there afterwards. But really, the whole area surrounding the Omni-Mining HQ is uglier than Bahirae on a bad day. There was no real incentive to stay.

By which I mean: as interference with the enemy's infrastructure and productivity, it was an effective strike by the clans, and if you don't think that now, rest assured (or rather: uneasily) that it won't be the last.
    Roland "Monczeli" Faoláin - 189/11/42 - Assembly

egadsrk2: I can't recall the last time I played this game with pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    and what about my vicious mob attacking everything with an omni-tek sign in borealis
    Did I miss the point when Yuttos' started wearing Pol uniforms?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Monczeli View Post
    By which I mean: as interference with the enemy's infrastructure and productivity, it was an effective strike by the clans, and if you don't think that now, rest assured (or rather: uneasily) that it won't be the last.
    I think I answered to this at the clan "victory" tread.
    But let me give you a short version: from our point of view the clan raid was an utter failure. No damage was done to the mine infrastructure. It was Big flop.

And now you come with threat of future raids? Please... give some new info. We already know that the Clondike Mine is a major target to the clans. No need to tell us that.

And to quote you "rest assured (or rather: uneasily) that it won't be the last". How true.. it wont be the last time you will fail there. It wont be the last time you will retreat with the tail between your legs.

Omni-Tek Protects
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerya View Post
    I think I answered to this at the clan "victory" tread.
    But let me give you a short version: from our point of view the clan raid was an utter failure. No damage was done to the mine infrastructure. It was Big flop.

And now you come with threat of future raids? Please... give some new info. We already know that the Clondike Mine is a major target to the clans. No need to tell us that.

And to quote you "rest assured (or rather: uneasily) that it won't be the last". How true.. it wont be the last time you will fail there. It wont be the last time you will retreat with the tail between your legs.

Omni-Tek Protects
    Still making excuses for failing I see? Simply pathetic..

as she reads Xaun's post she begins to smile...

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    Still making excuses for failing I see? Simply pathetic..
    Xaun.. didn't know you have such sense of humour...

It is not me (omni) who has to make excuses here. Excuses for what? For omni repelling the assault? For keeping the mine in production? I do not have to excuse that. Rather the clan raiding party should find some excuses for the failure here.
    Last edited by Aerya; Feb 26th, 2007 at 13:00:01.
    OT-Reform Officer

I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.

A minor disturbance, that's all.

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.

*waves her left hand about in the air in a rather loud fashion.. meanwhile her right hand....*

...goes limp from a gunshot wound??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast