Thread: Sceen distorted!! Can someone plz help!!

Unhappy Sceen distorted!! Can someone plz help!!

i know this belongs to the gamebug section, but i figure more ppl browse this section. I really need help. So...plz dont flame.
    It suddenly happened yesterday, when all my settings were wiped out and i had to redo my settings again (setting video cards, resolution and such) After i reseted everything and got back on, the screen was distorted (i am not running in window mode), everything in game seem to be flattened somwhat, i'd say by 10% or so. all the characters, buildings, and machines all seem to fatter and shorter (actually look kinda like it was running in window mode). i tried to change all the settings including picking all video cards and resolutions, nottin seem to be working at all. So if someone know how o resolve this, plz let me know!! cuz this is getting very annoying!! thanx alot in advance!

Lightbulb

Did you try to change the Z buffer to W buffer in the AO launcher or visa versa?
    • Shenhiroko: Martial Artist: RK1-OmniTek: Entropy Dawn Org
    • Codewitch: Nano Technician: RK1-Clan
    Main Profession: Explorer of Rubi-Ka
    Latest News:My NT is dual wielding Leet dolls until I can find Fazeka Crystal...Phear the Leets!

Yes, i did switch back and forth btwn Zbuff and Wbuff a couple of times, they are just the same, nottin changes . Thanx for the reply thou.

I'd go for a new driver for your graphics card.
    You never know...

Lightbulb

Did you reinstall Directx 8.1? You are supposed to do that after major changes to system.
    • Shenhiroko: Martial Artist: RK1-OmniTek: Entropy Dawn Org
    • Codewitch: Nano Technician: RK1-Clan
    Main Profession: Explorer of Rubi-Ka
    Latest News:My NT is dual wielding Leet dolls until I can find Fazeka Crystal...Phear the Leets!

Yay!! it finally came back!! after completely reinstalling the game again, reinstall drives for my video card, installed directX 8.1(thanx for yall advices), changed settings many times again, the screen finally changed back to normal, thou i still donno wat went wrong, and wat exactly i did tat fixed it (or maybe its a bug, is it possibel?), but for now i'm just happy, and hoping it'll never happen again. And thanx all of u again for trying to help me figure out my problem .
    Last edited by keen; Aug 31st, 2002 at 11:54:11.