Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Old School!

me... I am a newbie!

/born says June 27 2002

/played says 28hours

and it took me 3 months to catch Amnra in lvls when I started playing AO he was lvl 80 something.... and now we are both lvl 142.
    We are not racist, religious, violent, elitist or criminal. We are the sworn enemy of injustice and those who warp laws into justification for the corrupt. We are the freaks in your school, office, or church. We are the ones who do not sit idly by, or turn a blind eye to injustice in any form. We are vigilantes, hackers, freejackers, spies, and friends. We are sick of the current corpora-political trend and seek to ensure that infringements on freedom do not go unnoticed. We are Fixers!

Freshman Pete "Teufeldieb" Freiman - Retired Due to Lack of Content for Fixers in SL

Samuel "Pokett" Adams - Self Healing Tank

when you played the game at beta, then launch, then left...
    now I'm back since march. So I know a lot of what was wrong and is still wrong with AO... but still I miss the days of 2h0 pvp at lvl30.
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

Mmm.. beta.

I got an invite into -early- AO beta, as a refugee from Asheron's Call's volunteer customer service program (I was a sentinel) who was recruited into AO's ARK/GM program, back when it was totally unstructured and they were still trying to decide what departments they would have.

Unfortunately, I had a real POS computer at that time and AO would not work on it at all.. I could not get past character creation. Due to RL issues (divorce, lack of money, etc etc) I was unable to upgrade at that time and kinda forgot about AO until fairly recently, when I got DSL, saw the 7 day trial, and my brother/roommate suggested we download it.

--K

I still remember when you got one token per mission. I left before the mutltiple token thing happend and I was so excited when I got 5 tokens for completing a mission that I didnt tell anyone I just figured I was bugged up again.

I remember fondly the virulent bulls in Longest Road. That was fun getting killed by 3 grey bulls when you were 110th. sigh...

I remember thinking the crat pet was so uber with his SMG only to see him run around like he was on crack when he met up with a mob.

I remember when you could summon like multiple pets by zoning back and fort across lines. That was pretty cool my friend used to go to Temple with like 8 pets and clean house.

I remember the day they nerfed the Temple and it was cleared out in like 30 minutes and you had to wait like another 30 to get it built up again.

I remember the day Spyo and Mobiggley said lets go do some BS missions and I said ok It wont be to bad to do a couple of them.

I remember when we all used to sit out at medusas before engineers could warp you back when you died and complained about how you couldnt pull just one only to come back and see that you'ld be lucky to pull one.

I remember when the Shades where the place to be for 50 to 70's and how we would sit out there all night bsing. Remember the joke we all thought was funny. "I'm going back to save." OK bring the save term back when your done. It was funny after camping shades for 8 hours straight.

I remember all those people that have left and I miss them alot.

I remember all the people I've met that arent old school and I think they are as cool as any of my old school friends.

Barbbs 167th Old School Fixer, Not better just a little more rattled.

I remember when Spyo was Sexytoy the pistol toting Soldier. Grrrr....

And Mobiggley would have me try like 30 different combinations of implants to see just why fixers were gimped.

I remember Gmax and Gmaximo and Gplus its a pretty long list heheh.

Madmarkk is one of the old school and hes still around he was always the ladys man of RK2.

What I'ld like to hear is your best story from any period of RK history funny sad or what ever. I'll post a thread for it in Rubika World Forum please come and post it. Make it concise and to the point but make it fun for us to read.

Barbbs 167th Old School Fixer

Swimming contests.
    Comp lit buffs I could get from a trader.
    The bugged treatment terminal.
    Team missions didn't work.
    "tutoring doesn't work"
    Building weapons?
    People were bidding $75 on 500k credits on EBay
    Stepping implants.
    Outdoor hunting to level (what's a token? )
    Killing bullies at the bridge... "we need an eng"
    ...Using a Kodiak to get there.
    Restarting game every hour.
    Kick ass bursts.

hehe I was ganked by Apps several times in 2hO, I even started gridding in there with a Cloaking Device on so I could get him but I always died in one AS blow...

i remember meeting Barbbs in NL when I was level 7 and she was level 22 and she gave me a lesson on ms/smg and gave me my 1st MPS w00t! (um i don't think barbbs remembers me tho)

anyone remember Fixus on rk2?? He was my fixer big brother, part swede part crazyfixer, always giving me stuff cuz I was the only fixer he saw with any frequency...

geez i soloed my 1st 70 levels

but I have to agree that all the oldschool vs phixxer stupidity has got to end
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

Originally posted by Karanya
    I know what ya mean, Hukk. If I bump into a fixer, more often than not, I just keep my mouth shut rather than stopping to say hello, unless he/she speaks first. I'll throw a run buff at them if they're lower level but if they're higher than me I tend to be very, very cautious.

Why? Cause when I first started my fixer I got yelled at constantly and accused of being a patch jumper, even by people who knew my then-main and I thought were friends.

Seems to be getting better recently though.. I don't think I've been yelled at once in the last week..

Err.. at least not by other fixers. *grin*

--K
    I just rolled a new fixer about a week ago, knowing nothing about the profession other than you have access to some great speed and you can root stuff =) This is on the return of a 4-monthish absence, and I had no idea Fixer's were "the flavor of the month" or anything. I've been around for a long time, with like 4 or 5 different enforcers, 2 or 3 soldiers, 2 MA's, an agent, a doc, tried engi - hated it, tried a trader - hated it. Fixer's is the only profession I hadn't really been interested in, shooting stuff just didn't seem as interesting as smashing it to a pulp/hacking it to bits for some reason... but I must admit I love my little newbie fixer =)

Fixers have some very cool attributes, and honestly the fixer profession has opened up a whole other side of Rubi-Ka for me and made this game playable and even fun again. If others want to look at me and say "flavor of the week" well ok, fine (your loss)... but this is my main character from now on until Funcom is belly up, and AO is a ghost town 'cause everyone else is off playing SW or some other latest and greatest. This is a career move for me, not just a passing "whim."

Luckily I've never come across elitism in game, and once my newbie butt is high enough to get the good run buffs, you know I'm hitting everybody in casting distance with them, fixer or not =)

Oldschool is when your fixer was born first day of AO. Too bad I deleted it and made a new one a few weeks later. :P
    ~Lone

Old school is Newcleus, Grandmaster Flash, KRS-One, Derrick May, the Clash....

Err... you guys didn't mean that, did you?

Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

lol Dharin - did you see my recent post where it ends with

/me is so old school I still be breakin'

or something like that (i think it was one of highjack's posts)
    wicky wicky
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

Auto-man?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Re: umm

Originally posted by LittleTotem
    If you can remember when the city bliss was a killer place to level, your old school clan.
    Good to see you again Totem (I was away for a few months). I just saw the ref to Bliss and remember my initial days on Rubi Ka as a clanner with fond memories. (We met when I was an agent, StrikeThree, though we knew each other when I played Simpkin). The whole reason I became a "bad guy" (Omni) was to setup combat / scenarios for my fellow clanners (for those who are old school, you'll know that all of the 'uber' RK2 ppl were clan so we had to 'make up' our enemies).

I have been Omni for a year now and have made it my home. Totem, it would be great to team with you and the doc again. See you around (no killing me this time)!
    -Dono
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

Auto-man?

Yes Dhar', Auto-man and Manimal (sigh), that's old school like the Cold Crush Brothers.

My friends used to accuse me of driving like auto-man. They were just jealous that my car could make perfect 90 degree turns.
    RK2
    Qwikz - HUGE Inc.

"I should get one of those signs that says "One of these days I'm gonna get organezized".

Auto man lives

check out the link to 80sKid.com
    RK2
    Qwikz - HUGE Inc.

"I should get one of those signs that says "One of these days I'm gonna get organezized".

OMG Its the Holy Grail !

Airhawk

Automan

Blue Thunder

Greatest American Hero

MacGyver

Manimal

StreetHawk

and "V" the series! (gosh that Diana was evil, remember when she ate the gerbil?)
    Last edited by Qwikz/Fixalotty; Sep 4th, 2002 at 23:29:27.
    RK2
    Qwikz - HUGE Inc.

-The first person you ever saw in leet form amazed you with their uberness

- Freedom Arm (prenerf)

- Gladiatorbots seemed godly

- BB in Galway Shire was the most popular hangout

- Rome Green actually had a thriving population

-You could wear a bathing suit over your armour

- Kodiaks were uber

- You could pick tokens for mission rewards (not nodrop)

- 1 million for sunglasses!!!! I don't even have 100k!

-Seeing an MP was a special occassion and you didn't know wtf they were good for anyways.
    They tried to control the day...
    You can't control the day! The Man
    Controls the day. But WE WILL
    ~~~~~`Control the Night``~~~~

Qwikz! Those shows rocked! I loved Manimal and The Greatest American Hero was possibly the greatest show on the planet! The V was so so so Cool left me wishing we'ld get invaded by cool gerbil eating aliens..... What about Knight Rider and Alf they rocked too.

Barbbs Old School Fixer 167th.

you forget the ultimate badarse vehicle...AIRWOLF! oh the joy of a copter that could kick the tailpipe outta K.I.T.T.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

"Ripley's Believe it or Not!" hosted by Jack Palance

Petition to bring back sledgehammer

Max Headroom

and the classic tv database
    RK2
    Qwikz - HUGE Inc.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast