Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Old School!

Sledge Hammer rules!
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

I wasn't talking about a TV show, though...

There's an old Newcleus track called "Automan." Rockin' 80s electro.

And just to make you feel bad, Qwikz... I never watched any of those shows as an original. Way too young.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

You cant make me feel bad Dhar. I'm classic but not over the hill.
    RK2
    Qwikz - HUGE Inc.

"I should get one of those signs that says "One of these days I'm gonna get organezized".

, Qwikz.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Old school to me is being a doc at level 2 and dieing in the tir moat to lag. 4 times triing to get from Athens to Tir BY1.

when the North Outpost in Tir was the only place you ever needed to go for teams (GTC had it all)

When YY and i hunted the bullies, and there used to be lines for hours to get in one of my groups.

When i had gotten tips from my team mates for being a good doc.

When i had heals that would cover all over VW.

me healing 2 groups at the bullies as the only healer by standing in the middle so i fot EXp.

When Jasonx knew every exploit in the game, and i believe he created a few.

When Freedoms Edge had GA1 and everyone was asking me where i got it.

When Nulity began to drop.

When FE was testing Nul in tir arena and we kept doing everything we could to poor ASterz.

Member Never seeing Barbbs anyplace without MO

Members Desert Allience.

I think what i member the most, was alot of the people i started with left for lack of content, and nerfs.

Miss alot, Semyon, Simpkin, Henryparson, Saez, Asterz on the rock, Agra the leet, Gmax, ect. THe list goes on and on.

SS

hey...anyone remember those stupid notes you used to get when you killed someone from your own faction? "If you get this, you've made a terrible mistake! but you can take this note to blahblahblah and everything will be OK"
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

yeah kas, I used to have several bags full but they were just taking up space... so I deleted em
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Born: Wed Jun 27 23:45:24 2001

You know your old school if your still bitter about the last day of beta "event".

no worries, I know I'm old school. A good indication I thought up was whether or not you showed up to Fixercon I. But even then, that was after 14.4(the patch that brought about fixer glory and ph1xX0rz!)

* ARRRRRR, I will cut all ninja's!!! *
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

SUMMON THAT AMMO BABY!

That was so cool! Fixercon was a great day.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

Old school, heh I aint that old, I resent the term "old" in any reference to me.

Anyway. I remember Newland being the place to be.

I remember when Madmarkk wasnt madmarkk but Maddmark.

Spyo, Gmax, Asterz, Flemian and Jugge.

I remember when you said you were at Asterz rock everyone knew what you ment.

I remember Barrbs as a sup lvl 100.

I remember the Fixer Suppressor rage.

Tossing jokes while waiting for the next bullie to spawn.

I remember gridding to omni trade and finding the highest lvl omni I could see and handing over all 350 "you just made a mistake" cards, saying him I was sorry for killing all those ppl.

I remember the shock when the first GA was uploaded and used.

I remember when you had to save up for days to get a kodiak.

Nostaliga is nice, but not what it used to be.

Eka - Upper (NOT old) school fixer
    Run Buffed Fixers finish fast
    Devgodz on Amnra

Old School:

- Killing Mr. Pumpkinheads

- Leets with Santa hats

- Yalm? What's that....oooohhh...How much?........Holy Sheit!!!!

- How's that guy flying? I'm an MP..How can I fly..

- Holy mackrel....What's that Gargolye looking thing? MP Demon? When do I get one..

- 3rd pet? Bet it is cool... (3 months later...those new pets suck)

- FC description : "Some strong MP's are even know to be able to create sheilds with their knowledge in Quantum physics".................????????????

- Hunting outside of Galway Castle was good leveling area.

- Mission..who would do a mission to lvl....that is too slow....

- Hmmmm..create a mission worked...kinda

- Paying 8 mil for a QL 75 nano cloak.....(They were removed from game for a while....gave unfair advantage to the nano race............LOL)

- PvP was FULL damage.

- Everyone cried to Nerf the other clases for PvP (cause AO revolves around PvP).....ohh wait a minute, they are still crying for NERFs.....and to stop them now....we did it to ourselves...

- You actually got your Pioneer backpack as a gift from FC.

When you and your friends formed your first AO guild a year before Beta I began, the guild website was up...and the guild members were actively involved in RP with other early guilds before the first NDA's for beta I were sent out...

-Holy crap! Look at this plane! 5 FREAKIN MILLION!!!

-MP's were the gimpiest thing on the face of Rubi-Ka

-The Bronto in Borealis Approach was always swarming with people (neuts) and almost the entire Rubi-Ka population was within teaming range with each other.

-You remember being able to loot mission chests under full aggro. In the beginning, we used to blitz missions a different way...you'd run through the mission opening chests and grabbing the loot until you died. Rinse, repeat...until you got all the loot. That was the "original" mission blitz.

-Even professions with dark blue pistol skill used Freedom Arms cause they were so uber.

-You developed a violent hatred for the "Login Server" due to getting disconnected every 10 minutes.

-On top of being disconnected every 10 minutes, you also had to force-shutdown AO every 10 minutes to clear ram on even the most uber computers.

-You remember the reasons they gave us the Pioneer Backpacks.

-Stacked speed stims + stacked snares + kodaik = ungodly speed.

-green butts & legs in thongs

-trying to create a guild was like stabbing your eyes out with an icepick...you had to have, iirc, 10(?) members online, in the same place, and you needed the correct forms, and all had to click the form, and ugh...

-the NPC named "Red" used to murder every clanner who went to a mission at Rising Sun. You wouldn't even see Red before you died. All you'd get was the attack message and "Red hit you for 10 times your hitpoints". Getting the "Attacked by Red..." message was an instant death sentence.
    -=STRATAH=-

TFC coup co-conspirator
    Member of The Mocker's Naked, Co-ed, Full contact, Drunken, Synchronized Blitzing Team

-=The Mockers=-

Hmmm old school.... Well I guess I'm one of those, born on July 6th 2001 =)) Ooooold girl.. =)))

He, he and I remember our Guildleader/creator getting quite angry at me after I messed up the creating process.. Picked up the creation thingy twice.(Was supposed to click on it) And she had to run off to buy new creation thingies..

Hugs from Fixe.
    Fixeline Unit Leader in Reborn
    Crateline

Your old school if you remeber FC giving you an extra few weeks to the free month because Tir waws so laggy

ur old school if u typed /collect and recieved a pioner pack

your old school if you rember when EVRYONE hunted outside and only a few did missions

Your Old school if you can honestly say " I was here for beta 11.0 "

lol 11.0 was release and beta 4 packed into one...can ya imagine the look on my faes as I loaded my fresh spanky release client and realied it was 2 versions older than my beta?

-Remember Agro Red in Rising Sun
    -Rhinomen were AWESOME xp.
    -Remember when getting killed reset your levels ip
    -Remember when you used to run aaaal the way to stret west for that 120k mission at level 30
    -There would be 100+ people in avalon grabbing missions for Stret/Andromeda to triple the cash output
    -Tank armor came in Q1 and up
    -You grabbed an "Omnitek Basic weapons" booth as mission item
    -No one dared to attack the trash king
    -Strafe running to screw up the mob pathing
    -You thought Blue was in vouge
    -A hardened bully scared the crap out of ya.
    -Spending 700k on a battlesuit only to find out it sucked
    -Exiting your vehicle only to find that you have no head.....
    -You remember 20000+ people all logging on at once for beta end and they all spawn in the same backyard (oooh yeah 45 minute zones)
    -Apartments were uber due to capacity of items.
    -The Blaster beetle in VW was the cooolest mob you had evah seen!
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

My first char was born Tue Aug 14 15.25:10 2001, still got him, fixer at level 56 :P I also played beta, but Im very unactive, an hour here, an hour there. Dont have much time, but thats the beauty of it, I dont get tired of leveling or adventuring...tokens? I got like 6 tokens on my fixer. All outdoor hunting baby!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234