Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A plea to stop killing guards at gates! And merchant npcs!

Gene13 chiseled a message into my skull
    And people that kill merchants (esp. Eddie) and Quest NPCs are a bunch of asshats. All this leads to is ****ing up someone elses game.
    (Just wanted to comment on this)

I love the word "asshat".

It's such a ridiculous insult.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

................. bump
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

Make all guards and NPCs like Masked Commandos Elite. Or Harbinger of the general... Muahahahah! 5k hit , 10k crit. And youre out!

Hmmmm Just like to note out im not the player that play in first person veiw and doesnt notice anything that goes on around him, yes, I can sometimes to better work than a guard, deal the damage and heal ;P

Ofcourse, joo need the skill? Be one with the game, yknow ;p
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Hmmmm Just like to note out im not the player that play in first person veiw and doesnt notice anything that goes on around him, yes, I can sometimes to better work than a guard, deal the damage and heal ;P

Ofcourse, joo need the skill? Be one with the game, yknow ;p
    You know, even in 3rd person, your view is still only 180-degrees, so half of what's going on escapes you. Also, how can you protect people from creatures when you're ALREADY ENGAGED IN COMBAT FIGHTING THE GUARD! So, you are arrogant in addition to being deluded and selfish.

And note, you said, and I quote, "I can SOMETIMES do better work than a guard". Which means, you ADMIT you cannot always protect better than a guard. Just move like people are asking you to. It's not like we're asking you to stop guard killing altogether If you can actually kill guards, moving to a new area should be easy. They only reason I can fathom that you won't move to a new area now that you know what problems it causes, is that you actually WANT to inconvenience other players. And that, my friend, is selfish.
    Into every generation.....(yada, yada, yada....).....

Wink Almost

Originally posted by MeDaZZa
    Make all guards and NPCs like Masked Commandos Elite. Or Harbinger of the general... Muahahahah! 5k hit , 10k crit. And youre out!
    Actually, I think a better idea is the occasional spawn of the "super-guard". This guard would con just like a normal guard but be super tough, just to keep people on their toes.

lol defending guards would be dumb..me goes to omni ent..bang guard attacks bang 20 omni join in ..yeah that would work
    woohoo at last!!!! i've found my MK IV
    "Make all trader drains self only." -aaronb (asmoran)

Originally posted by Daddysgirl

You know, even in 3rd person, your view is still only 180-degrees, so half of what's going on escapes you. Also, how can you protect people from creatures when you're ALREADY ENGAGED IN COMBAT FIGHTING THE GUARD! So, you are arrogant in addition to being deluded and selfish.

And note, you said, and I quote, "I can SOMETIMES do better work than a guard". Which means, you ADMIT you cannot always protect better than a guard. Just move like people are asking you to. It's not like we're asking you to stop guard killing altogether If you can actually kill guards, moving to a new area should be easy. They only reason I can fathom that you won't move to a new area now that you know what problems it causes, is that you actually WANT to inconvenience other players. And that, my friend, is selfish.

what the **** do you think I am? SUPER ENFORCER?

Nobody has told me to ever stop killing guards, its stupid people like you that gotta get ALL PERSONAL OVER SOMETHING THAT ISNT REAL.

Hell what level do you stop getting hurt by the mobs near guards? You know those grey ones that DONT AGRO ON SIGHT?

And who said I was in a fight to help someone, I can fight and heal someone while first aiding another team member in a second if you really want to be picky.

Yes, as for 180 degree view, your wrong, its called birds eye view or zoooming out, or MOVING LEFT AND RIGHT.

OMG?! Fancy that, YOU CAN MOVE THE CAMERA AROUND.

You would never imagine it!: )
    Im not selfish, I help people, and what else can you do in a game, be nice, Im nice, just im not nice to people who AINT nice to me.

Whats your problem girl? I aint done nothing wrong, just saying quit whining over stupid guard killing issues, and get onto more important subjects liiiiiiike....Doughnuts? j/k.
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Red face You just don't get it, do you?

what the **** do you think I am? SUPER ENFORCER?

Nobody has told me to ever stop killing guards, its stupid people like you that gotta get ALL PERSONAL OVER SOMETHING THAT ISNT REAL.
    Yes, the guards aren't real. But, THE PROBLEMS PEOPLE HAVE WITH YOU KILLING THEM IS! How many times does this have to be repeated! These ARE NOT roleplaying issues that people are having, it's REAL LIFE gameplay issues. If you'd stop being so selfish and LISTEN AND READ what people are trying to tell you, you'd understand that! But apparently, you're too self-centered to be bothered with the FACTS!

Hell what level do you stop getting hurt by the mobs near guards? You know those grey ones that DONT AGRO ON SIGHT?
    What does it take to get it through that thick skull of yours?!? Those mobs AREN'T the only ones there. People can train mobs in from hundreds of feet (or meters, depending on where you live) away! And yes, some of these mobs DO AGGRO! Again, maybe you're too self-involved to remember what being a low level character was like.

And who said I was in a fight to help someone, I can fight and heal someone while first aiding another team member in a second if you really want to be picky.

Yes, as for 180 degree view, your wrong, its called birds eye view or zoooming out, or MOVING LEFT AND RIGHT.

OMG?! Fancy that, YOU CAN MOVE THE CAMERA AROUND.

You would never imagine it!: )
    Im not selfish, I help people, and what else can you do in a game, be nice, Im nice, just im not nice to people who AINT nice to me.
    Well, the ape has skills. Tell me, do you ALWAYS fight with an over head camera?!? Cuz if the answer is "no", you're blind to some poeple's plight. And, for those of us who know the game, yes, you can use first aid on team mates, but NOT on people who AREN'T in your team. Which means the vast majority of people, you can't heal in combat and a whole, oh 5 people at best, you can.

Whats your problem girl? I aint done nothing wrong, just saying quit whining over stupid guard killing issues, and get onto more important subjects liiiiiiike....Doughnuts? j/k.
    My problem Cloudeh, is selfish, self-centered, arrogant, condesending, little "think-they-know-it-alls" like you. And yes, you have done something wrong. You've put your own self-interest over the curtesy and empathy for your fellow human beings (you remember, the people behind the toons). All of which could be alleviated by you SIMPLY moving your guard killing to an uncrowded location, like Omni-HQ or the numerous outpost that dot the countryside.

The fact that you keep arguing rather than simply moving your killing sprees PROVES you are a self-centered little child that only cares about himself and sees only his own point of view. People have stated their problems with this and there is a SIMPLE solution. But apparently, his "mightiness" (i.e. you), won't move his butt to another playfield because it's "inconvenient". It's simple, you either take other people's needs into consideration and go do your guard killing (look, I'm not even asking you to stop!) someplace not crowded OR you ignore everything that everyone has said to you, keep doing what you've been doing, and show us what kind of selfish, petty child you really are.

It's up to you.

Im not selfish, you would LIKE TO THINK I AM because if im not, your wrong, which you are, come play with me ingame, im nice, everyone says I am, I have always been a good tank, I do my job, im no newb and I help people.

As for training mobs, you ZONE, move away or die.

Listen to me, you will either OUTRUN A MOB OR IT IS FASTER THAN YOU.

If you pull high level mobs from THAT FAR OUT, well big boo boo.

Greasy joints most people can out run, and yes some people do pull them to guards, but he can kill guards for breakfast so they wont be much help will they?

Im being REALISTIC, your being dogmatic. Wake up, and actually THINK.

mob -->o x<-- you

o and x move this way ---> okay?

o is slower
    x is faster

x stays alive

SIMPLE!

or or
    o is faster
    x is slower

You lost 145682 XP.

aww
    I am a Tragic Figure

Greasy joints most people can out run, and yes some people do pull them to guards, but he can kill guards for breakfast so they wont be much help will they?
    [/B]

lol, that's classic, and true. the problem isnt the person killing the guards, its the people dragging uber mobs to newbie zones.

quithassling at Claudeh and take the fight where it belongs.

o is faster
    x is slower

x can take 5 hits from o, but not 6

x takes 2 hits from o and realizes that o will hand x x's ass

x starts running and now have the time it takes for o to hit x 3 times to reach a safe spot

it's not a question about if o is faster than x or vise versa

it's whether x can get to safety before x run out of HP

Still pretty ****ing SIMPLE.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Im not selfish, you would LIKE TO THINK I AM because if im not, your wrong, which you are, come play with me ingame, im nice, everyone says I am, I have always been a good tank, I do my job, im no newb and I help people.
    Cloudeh, Cloudeh, Cloudeh, you STILL JUST DON"T UNDERSTAND. If you weren't selfish the fact that people would like for you to move your guard killing spree somewhere else wouldn't be such a large request. But, you'd rather just say repeatedly, "I'm not selfish!" and CONTINUE to hamper other people's games, just because it would inconvenience you. If you had any reading comprehension skills, whatsoever, you could look up the word "selfish" in the dictionary and realize that your ACTIONS exemplify the meaning of that word. SO WHAT if your a good tank in game, we're asking you to be a GOOD PERSON IN REAL LIFE and take other people into account.

As for training mobs, you ZONE, move away or die.

Listen to me, you will either OUTRUN A MOB OR IT IS FASTER THAN YOU.

If you pull high level mobs from THAT FAR OUT, well big boo boo.

Again, your tiny brain isn't grasping the larger issue. First, this was a post about guard killing AT ALL GATE LOCATIONS AND CROWDED AREAS. Assuming you actually passed any English courses, you would have realized that by now. Maybe you are just so self-centered you thought the original post was about you, and you alone. Second, YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE PLAYING THE GAME! A few virtual feet can make all the difference. So what if a mob can wipe the floor with the guards? The guards can distract it long enough for you to get away. Just becuase you've been playing this game for so long, doesn't mean everyone else knows everything about it. Stop being so self-centered and only seeing the world through your own point of view and take other people into account.

And for your information, no you a mob can chase you for a long time if you only can barely outrun it. So a quick getaway is not always possible.

Im being REALISTIC, your being dogmatic. Wake up, and actually THINK.
    What, you REALISTICALLY can't move to another playfield? What's your malfunction anyway? Look, you've obviously decided that you DON'T GIVE A DAMN about what other people are experiencing. The very FACT that you don't seem to care about how YOUR ACTIONS AFFECT OTHER PEOPLE's experience while playing MAKES YOU SELFISH, by the very definition of the word. So just face the FACT that you are a selfish, self-centered little child and we'll all move on. Because you, my friend, are the one who is not thinking.

There are some areas where zoning is simply not possible. I remember times when in Rhino Cockpit, half the team are dead, we run for the safty of the guards at the reclaim, but no, none there as someone has shot them down.

As for newland gates, where they are dead more often than alive, it is often lagy there, so anything that can defend low levels there from the rats etc that they drag is useful.

Both RP and gameplay wise, I would like to see guards get reinforcements to help them it attacked.

It would also make sense that in areas where guards die regularly, they should be equiped with more armour/guns. (If you station guards to defend a city and find that certain areas are unable to do this then surely you add better equiped guards and more of them)

I would like to see weapon ranges/punchbags so people who want to test weapons have the option.

Finally RP wise, I can understand clans attacking OT, or OT attacking the clans. But surely there should be consequences for people killing guards of their own side.

The same goes with OT attacking the ICC peacekeepers, surely the OT guilds/people in question should be stopped, or the ICC should send a notice saying that if it persists then the lease will end or something.

Finally RP wise, I can understand clans attacking OT, or OT attacking the clans. But surely there should be consequences for people killing guards of their own side.

The same goes with OT attacking the ICC peacekeepers, surely the OT guilds/people in question should be stopped, or the ICC should send a notice saying that if it persists then the lease will end or something.
    Uhm. This would work on Roleplayers, but one might find that roleplayers do not attack their own guards and NPC's, because that goes againt the concept of Roleplay. (In most circumstances)

The worst guardkillers and merchant killers are what one like to ccall "gamers".
    It is a sad point that "gamers" as a rule (Yes there ARE exceptions) do not understand, nor respect the concept of Roleplay (and this in a game that even says on the box that it is a ROLEplaying game *rolls eyes slightly*)
    So this would mostly just stop the people who already isn't making a problem. The problem makers would just shrug and go on.

As for how to stop people killing guards inconsiderately, and still maintaining the roleplay aspect of being able to assault a opposite faction city, and prevent expoiting of the fix..hmm hard one, and one I think maybe the Dev team should look at.

Red face Styles of Gaming

I like to roleplay, but I realize that I'm not the only person in the game. Some people are not into roleplay. I really don't like the thought of people attacking guards of their own faction, but no one can really stop it. Usually, I don't really say anything to these people.

But, this post was about the consequences of killing guards at the gates and in crowded locations. Places where the lag from combat slows people nearby or removes protection for other players. People get bored, people who get high enough level just want to feel superior to the guards who've been bright red this whole time, or people want to test nanos and weapons. Fine, all I want these people to do is go SOMEWHERE ELSE. Move playfields so they don't hamper other people. They don't care about roleplay, fine! I don't care what their playstyle is. They can kill all the guards of any faction they want to.

Just do it someplace else.

This is rediculous

I can't stand ppl acting like this.. I mean, why can't we kill those guards.. its not like they are there for anything more than making a city/town more realistic. If youre having problems with Mobs aggro'ed on you and you think the guard will save you, you're very wrong. The only usefull guards are those in OP with slayer droids and ninjas, cause ppl hunt around there, so the guard might help. I need to test my weapons and armor and I really dont feel like taking a mission to BS or anywhere just to test, call me me lazy, I call it simple. If the battle spam is annoying you, turn it off. Most ppl do that an hour after they enter in a city cause you get spammed woth a the fall damage ppl take from jumping off high places. If youre having a problem about lag or such, maybe you should think about getting a new connection or better PC. Dont tell that someone fighting a guard is making you lag. I really wonder how you can play in a mission where 6 players are attacking, casting area nano with big area effect, sounds and chat spam. I need to test my armor and weapon, I try to do it in shop so I dont bother anyone and look rediculous by trying and dying, but sometime I want to try different battle options with 4 guards on me or how long I can tank Party Mixer&family. If there was a machine I could fight with the setup I want in a locked room so I wouldnt bother anyone, I would go there but there is none. If Im bothering you too much, turn off Other Hit by Other, turn off sound and /Ignore me.
    Nerf the cry baby.
    Last edited by Insida; Sep 27th, 2002 at 11:33:43.

pffff... seems that we really are on a different planet.., ho wait no, we are on the same. That s**ks.
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

Can somebody explain why these idiots have to kill the guards at the entrance to the busiest town in the game?

Is it a mental problem or something? Or is this what children do when they are bored?

I just don't understand what's so f'd up in their little brains that they feel obligated to head directly to Newland City north gates and whip out their weapons.

Re: This is rediculous

Originally posted by Insida
    If Im bothering you too much, turn off Other Hit by Other, turn off sound and /Ignore me.
    Nerf the cry baby.
    Eh, why should I have to reset my setting just to go into town? I heal people, and Other Hit by Other comes in damned handy for that. I have a brand new computer and am on cable - it's not that cause the lag. It's you . You seem to like the simple explanation for stuff - there you have it.

And, what is the deal lately with dragging the Spoiled Brat to the guards right at the whompa?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast