Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A plea to stop killing guards at gates! And merchant npcs!

Cat...go on continue what you was gunna' say

Gone for so long, Ahh 1 week is long? ooh.

heheheh ahaah
    I think you can ask alot of people and say I am not selfish,

Hell say what you want, ofcourse, everything you hear is just a chinese whisper, carried on and blown into great proportions.

Just like the whole set of dragon armor and 5b credits soo many people believed I had, you 'tards, really

'laughing really loud, REALLY!'
    Last edited by Cloudeh; Sep 1st, 2002 at 06:10:20.
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Cloudeh, when this game is long gone and forgotten, I'll still remember you as someone who added color to something the developers tried their hardest to make into a useless pile of beige oatmeal.

Damn but AO is lucky it has you.

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Cat...go on continue what you was gunna' say

Gone for so long, Ahh 1 week is long? ooh.

heheheh ahaah
    I think you can ask alot of people and say I am not selfish,

Hell say what you want, ofcourse, everything you hear is just a chinese whisper, carried on and blown into great proportions.

Just like the whole set of dragon armor and 5b credits soo many people believed I had, you 'tards, really

'laughing really loud, REALLY!'
    I don't really give half a **** what you have, or did, to be honest. Just pointing out a funny contradiction between your loud statements and apparent fact.

I dont complain if you heal them, or kill them, I dont complain if you add more at newland or make them a bit stronger, cuz I tell you if they are going to have to be as strong as a damned Real Mean Nanogimp pounding out 1k nukes to the helpless neutral/clan omni that ACCIDENTALLY USES A AGRO Device on it.

Sblamppfighsshs!

Hey whats does mongo do.
    Click.
    *Twonk*

Yehaw! lets doo dat 'gain!.

Okay, Ill attack a guard, Id like too see any of you ***** forum whoring RP addicts take me on

Cmon! ALL OF YOU ! AT ONCE!!!

MONGO!!!!

Mongo mongo mongo!
    ( that if i had my old char back hehe, he was uber )
    Lmao....Cloudeh rocks!
    Yagyu for life

Cloudeh, u may be a colourful character in AO.

But that doesn't make u any less selfish and LAZY.

U haven't answered me why u cannot just roll a mission and test it on a mob ?

That is the "few click" mob generator for you weapon/nano testers. Yah, it's not one click, and u might need to run/zone a bit. But if u're not even willing to do that... that u ARE lazy and inconsiderate.

And if u think unneccessary fighting/combat-spam will not cause lag, I don't know what game u are playing. Coz ever since I started playing AO from it's launch... these 2 things always cause lag.

Oh, BTW, my post was initially not meant to refer to YOU only. It's meant for all those who are just plain too lazy to rol missions. Since u took it so personally, the above is my personal directed response.

SOrry if my language is not as colourful as yours.

Ashuras did you not read the part where I said test on a mob that is easy for ..what 100+ to safely test on GUARDS that spawn Regulary and are always the SAME type, give or take a few levels.

Missions have different mobs, different Acs levels types etc.

Thanks
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Weapons testing

This is kind of off topic, but Cloudeh, as "gregarious" as you are, you must be posting all the results of your weapons testing somewhere on these boards I would like to read some of it and searching under your user name retrieves a great sucking black hole of posts, so where are these fine tests?

Wanna stop guard killing? Add faction to npc's. kill ot guards, and all ot guards will kill you. Have it so vendors wont sell to you either (machine or npc). if you lose faction with your side you have to go kill clan guards or somethng to that effect. Worked for other rpgs, not typically a hard concept to come up with.

we will see

on a RP note... myself and several others are taking names on all you guard killers... along with screens... if you ever try to get appointed to anything we will bury you in your own dirt...

and Cloudah i probley have several screens of your characters in the act... you freak!
    JapellaZ
    Bureaucrat

'If you think you finally found the perfect light... i hope it's true' -Belly

With the 14.5 patch, some people seem to enjoy killing quest npcs. Just the other day some fool tried to kill the quest npc by the mongol meat stand, but then again, she just tried, she didnt get hurt much for like 15 seconds, but then.. smack, and I was going "Yay"
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.
    ---------------------------------------------

I've killed guards myself, during a roleplaying event at the castle in PM. I don't like guard killing in highly populated areas (like Newland gates), but I understand why people do this. I've even benefited from the info gathered by people testing their weapons on a guard, so I guess I'm an accomplice.

Bio was onto something, with having a fixed spawn that don't give xp, but is always at the same level. I'd like to take this idea a step further, I'm not sure if someone has come up with this idea earlier, but here goes:

We should get Firing Ranges (sorry melee users, I'm a soldier, I think ranged weapons. Find a better name if you can. ), one in each town. Inside there should be fixed mobs of various levels, say 50, 100, 150 etc. The AC's and evades of these mobs should be written on a poster on the wall, and there should be several mobs of the same level. To add a certain RP'ing element to it, the targets could be criminals convicted to death.

Just my 2 creds.
    Katelin "Elasii" McCovery

Elizabet "Elizabetha" Suitt (retired soldier)

Division 9 R.S.G.E

Originally posted by Elizabetha
    We should get Firing Ranges (sorry melee users, I'm a soldier, I think ranged weapons. Find a better name if you can. ), one in each town
    There's a place that looks like something like this in Athen Shire, close to the WW zone. The name escapes me atm, "the academy" or something like that I think.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

War Academy, I think. Right at the north zone border, pretty far westerly in Athen Shire.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Hmmnn I still used Newlands ICC Guards to test on my weapons, they are again, always around the same level to me.

They con yellow, so I try kill them without chall, and with, see if mongo is better then using chall in this situation.

They are the same type of guards, not a Veteran enforcer or REAL MEAN RUFFIAN Or something? :P

Again I say, Im not going to test on mobs in different mission when acs and evades vary, hit points and agh you know?

But who cares?
    I am a Tragic Figure

you should lose a token for killing guards of your own faction. it makes sense, tokens are a sign of your devotion to the faction and killing your own guards isn't very devoted... i see omnis killing guards at ent all the time, and they catch repeated reet forms same as clanners do

The targets in the war acadamy don't work, it just says no line of sight. Same with the ones in avalon.
    Kukulza proud unit member of Storm!!! - Equip - Perks
    Kuzap

K.U.K.U.L.Z.A.: Kinetic Upgraded Knight Used for Learning and Zealous Assassination

\m/ \m/

I have no problem when it's another side doing the attack, although the spam is generally annoying and caused me to flee, but when the same side does it.. that's just lame.

I think people that attack guards should be flagged PvP+ regardless of gas levels.

It would be fun to defend them

Unhappy Cloudeh, you ARE selfish

Cloudeh, in a previous post you said that we couldn't judge you because we don't know you. Well, too bad, 'cause your words and actions speak for themselves.

The issue of GATE guard killing and vendor ganking has been stated. There are valid grievances here. The gate guards can protect people, whether in vehicles or noobs. The killing of vendors has apparently spoiled trades for people. It has been factual that it causes lag for some people and even crashed zones if enough people start doing it. AND YOU STILL DON'T CARE ABOUT THESE OTHER PEOPLE. That by defination Cloudeh, this MAKES you selfish. I CAN judge you based purely on your own words and your own actions. If you weren't selfish, you'd take the time to test your weapons on guards that weren't high traffic zones. There are plenty.

I have issues with people who kill guards, but I do realize that people do it and there's nothing I can do about it except ask people nicely to not do it in the high traffic areas. This does lag some people who's machines aren't top notch as they are trying to deal with all the PLAYERS moving through the zone. Fighting in these zones does lag them for some. If you still don't care that you are ruining the gaming experiences for these players by lagging them just because YOUR machine can handle it, that makes you SELFISH. Your own lack of concern for other people's enjoyment and feelings makes you this way. YOU and no one else can change that.

The fact that you take such a condesending tone with people in this thread who do have these problems also means you are INSENSITIVE, because it suggests that you don't give a damn what they think or how they feel. Again, this a trait of SELFISHNESS. Test your weapons on guards, even if they're your own faction, I don't care. Just do it in a location that doesn't have a lot of people. They are out there, it just make take a little more time to reach them. That's all people are asking of you. And if this is so much, just to show some common curtesy towards your fellow human beings (remember, there are REAL people with REAL feelings behind the toons people), then, yes, you are selfish.

I hope you will see reason Cloudeh. I'm sorry that this is an attack on your character, but you don't honestly seem to realize what your problem is. This is also not personal. The above statements can be applied to anyone out there who still kills gate guards and vendors because they don't give a hoot about their fellow players. We asked nicely, now it's time to get vicious.
    Into every generation.....(yada, yada, yada....).....

To be honest I never have seen ONE Person need the help of a guard ever in my entire (year?) In anarchy online, so..evrything you has said did go in one ear, and out the other. On purpose you have to understand? Ive never needed a guard, either its too hard, or I die, if im running and I can get away you lose agro eventually, or its too fast, I dont hunt near guards because they will inturn, HELP you kill them, thus resulting in not getting xp- at low levels.

Also someone must be pretty stupid to -TRADE- with a Merchant NPC while its under attack.

As far as lag goes, I dont see how seeing someone atatcking a guard is ANY different in doing mission with 6 people, yet walking IN NEWLAND.

I had enough of spam text so, other hit other, me hit by monster, other hit by nano and some others are off, dont need them really unless im dealing nano damage ;p

If someone wants me to stop attacking a guard for a food reason , which I doubt there is then fine.

Infact If I see a player in distress I do help them, the thing is guards cant heal.

Anyway they are RIGHT NEXT TO A ZONE, fi they are in trouble, then zone? I dont see hoe an extra 10 metres is going to harm you if you spent the last 5 mins running from it already.

Either your faster than the mob or not, you die or you out run it, learn to sidestrafe run, it helps :P

Edit:

Ooh and I am very far from selfish, I helped so many people, and I still do, you can find me to be a very nice person if you talk ingame with me, if I ever go back on cloudeeeh that is.

Its best not to start a conversation with me using the words, 'you are selfish' or 'your an ass' (i didnt say you said that ) cuz I will either ignore you, getmad and curse back, or...in a decent manner ask why heh .
    Last edited by Cloudeh; Sep 23rd, 2002 at 05:23:38.
    I am a Tragic Figure

Wink Point Proven

To be honest I never have seen ONE Person need the help of a guard ever in my entire (year?)
    Good for you, but I have been and seen others saved by guards. YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY PERSON PLAYING THIS GAME! (Selfish much?)

so..evrything you has said did go in one ear, and out the other.
    Again, you don't consider anyone else's viewpoint valid apparently. (Selfish much?)

Ive never needed a guard, either its too hard, or I die, if im running and I can get away you lose agro eventually, or its too fast, I dont hunt near guards because they will inturn, HELP you kill them, thus resulting in not getting xp- at low levels.
    Well isn't wonderful to be you (not!). Again, YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE PLAYING THIS GAME! (Selfish much?)

Also someone must be pretty stupid to -TRADE- with a Merchant NPC while its under attack.
    Again, if the vendor is attacked when the person is ALREADY IN A TRADE, it can really mess things up (Didn't bother reading the original post very carefully, did we. And again with the condesending tone. Selfish much?)

As far as lag goes, I dont see how seeing someone atatcking a guard is ANY different in doing mission with 6 people, yet walking IN NEWLAND.
    Again, goody for you and your spiff machine. Some people's hardware is good, but not quite good enough. We've already addressed the issue that PEOPLE ARE EXPERIENCING LAG! Just because you don't doesn't make the fact that other people are false. Again, YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE PLAYING THIS GAME! (And if you don't care about other people's plight or the fact they may not be able to upgrade yet, selfish much?)

I had enough of spam text so, other hit other, me hit by monster, other hit by nano and some others are off, dont need them really unless im dealing nano damage ;p
    My Gawd!! You've FINALLY said something that makes sense! I've deactivated these things long ago too. Not everyone knows about them, and this can reduce chat spam. However, it DOESN'T reduce lag.

If someone wants me to stop attacking a guard for a food reason , which I doubt there is then fine.
    I assume you meant "good reason" and not "food reason". So, other people's lag or protection problems are not good reasons? (Again, selfish much?)

Infact If I see a player in distress I do help them, the thing is guards cant heal.
    Very humanitarian of you. But, are you NEVER distracted? Do you have eyes in the back of your head? Obviously, since you've deactivated combat messages, you cannot tell with you chat window that another player is in danger. So tell me sparky, can you really, honestly say you can guard people better than a computer that doesn't need to go for soda or to the bathroom and never blinks? If you think the answer is "yes", then you are also deluded in addition to being selfish.

Anyway they are RIGHT NEXT TO A ZONE, fi they are in trouble, then zone? I dont see hoe an extra 10 metres is going to harm you if you spent the last 5 mins running from it already.
    Again, this was not addressing one spot in particular, but ALL crowded areas. And yes, due to lag or spacing, 5 feet can make ALL the difference. I've seen it make the difference in more than one instantance. Again, YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE PLAYING THIS GAME! (Selfish much?)

Ooh and I am very far from selfish, I helped so many people, and I still do, you can find me to be a very nice person if you talk ingame with me, if I ever go back on cloudeeeh that is.
    Gee, all we're asking you to do is move your guard killing sprees to somewhere less crowded. If you're high enough level to kill guards, these areas are easily reached by you and you don't have to attack guards that are important to other people. Is THAT really so much to ask?!? If you really cared and remembered that YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE PLAYING THIS GAME, you'd realize that your actions are impairing other people's ability to play and move. But if your opinion and enjoyment is the only thing you care about, your habits won't change and you'll go along hindering other people. (And that, my friend, is the VERY definition of selfishness!)

Its best not to start a conversation with me using the words, 'you are selfish' or 'your an ass' (i didnt say you said that ) cuz I will either ignore you, getmad and curse back, or...in a decent manner ask why heh .
    Yes, it is best to start conversations that way. But, I've read all your posts here and the only thing I have gotten from them, by your own words and descriptions of your actions by the way, is that YOU ARE SELFISH!
    Into every generation.....(yada, yada, yada....).....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast