Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A plea to stop killing guards at gates! And merchant npcs!

Originally posted by Emiko
    B) heal the bloody guard for fricks sake ! Whywe cant heal our own side's guards is beyond me !!!
    MP healpets can heal the guards.

Kill Bartenders!

Here's another funny one a fellow Rubi-Kan did to slow down a merchant attacker at Holes in the Wall:

1. You can't attack while running the adventurer program sparrow flight.

2. Sparrow flight is a buff, not an attack, so you can cast it on other players.

3. Each time the attacker turns into a reet, he has to reach over and cancel the buff, and then restart his attack.

It's probably griefing, but if I can't do business with a merchant because she's being attacked, isn't it just UN-griefing?

Originally posted by Gene13
    FFS Cloudeh, there are plenty of guards around to do testing on that aren't in an area where real peoples characters need them for protection, and that's what we're talking about.

If you want to test stuff use the guard at the OT-OP in SWB, the ones at Versailles or some other place where noone normally is.

Killing guards outside NLC, 20k, or any other place where they once in a blue moon saves someones butt is just lazy.

And people that kill merchants (esp. Eddie) and Quest NPCs are a bunch of asshats. All this leads to is ****ing up someone elses game.

Don't get me started on the RP, since more often than not there are both Omni and clanners blasting away side by side to take down the guards outside NLC. Once I even saw an applicant (I don't think he ever made member) of Omni-Pol and a clanner dude side by side. When confronted the Omni dude said it was because "the neutrals were supporting the clans".
    Yeah, and who the **** is that standing next to you, your informer?

/G13

Time to prove you wrong.

If a Player aligned with a NPC/Guard attacks a Monster/other NPC not aligned with it, the guard will shoot, if it range.

I hardly think anyone who hunts near guards, any guards, lowbie mobs will even get time to REACH the guards before dying.

Give me a Testing Booth where I can spawn a mob Exactly the same at the press of a button - mob dispencer - that gives NO XP and let me test.

You know these NPCS actually help us learn about the game.
    If I do decide to attack one, I will not for roleplaying purposes, but for testing.

You have to really take OFF Your roleplay hat and see where Im coming from.

I dont complain if you heal them, or kill them, I dont complain if you add more at newland or make them a bit stronger, cuz I tell you if they are going to have to be as strong as a damned Real Mean Nanogimp pounding out 1k nukes to the helpless neutral/clan omni that ACCIDENTALLY USES A AGRO Device on it.

Sblamppfighsshs!

Hey whats does mongo do.
    Click.
    *Twonk*

Yehaw! lets doo dat 'gain!.

Okay, Ill attack a guard, Id like too see any of you ***** forum whoring RP addicts take me on

Cmon! ALL OF YOU ! AT ONCE!!!

MONGO!!!!

Mongo mongo mongo!
    ( that if i had my old char back hehe, he was uber )
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Angry

I hardly think anyone who hunts near guards, any guards, lowbie mobs will even get time to REACH the guards before dying.
    Guards save me ALL THE TIME! When I am in my ground vehicle I cannot fight back or unequip and sometimes trying to escape an aggro I end up with a whole aggro train! My only recourse at this point for the ones who won't stop chasing me is to fly as fast as possible to outpost. Neutral and Omni guards always try to save me and draw aggro off me. I am not a noobie, but I use the guards at least several times a day to rescue me while in vehicle.

Notice that the title of the post is stop killing guards at gate and merchant npcs. I know you ppl will never stop killing inside the cities. I am only asking, pleading, please before you kill the guard at a gate REALIZE YOU MAY BE GETTING SOMEONE KILLED!

And before you kill that merchant npc REALIZE YOU MAY CAUSE SOMEONE TO LOOSE LOOT AND/OR INTERRUPT THEIR GAME!

This is about griefing and common curtesy, and for those who roleplay yes it does sux to see ppl killing their own same side guards, and I think it is great when I see Clanners come into Omni and attack our guards because that is roleplaying, altho I think we should be able to heal our guards.

(And Cloudeh I just have to say you are incredibly rude and selfish. Every post I see from you is a flame, what's the point of that?)
    • Shenhiroko: Martial Artist: RK1-OmniTek: Entropy Dawn Org
    • Codewitch: Nano Technician: RK1-Clan
    Main Profession: Explorer of Rubi-Ka
    Latest News:My NT is dual wielding Leet dolls until I can find Fazeka Crystal...Phear the Leets!

Originally posted by Annilymk
    It's really annoying though for other people so going to an unhabited backyard and going berserk on the guard/guide would be preferable to conduct tests.

Vitnirs
    Guard/Guide are hard as hell.. Both are lvl 200. I went to tir backyard 1 once and tried to kill em both... got the guide down but then the guard came and got me good
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Guard killing ... in crowded places is LAME.

U so called high level weapon testers are just plain LAZY and couldn't even be bothered to roll a misson to find a NPC of a suitable level to test.

What's so great about whacking a grey/green mob to so called test your weapons ?

These unneccessary killings generates spam and makes a laggy place even more laggy... and often cause me to get LD when trying to zone out of NL city

Real crap.

It's a REALLY bad problem in 20k...there's always lots of people trying to get into groups and communicate, and the fight spam is really, really annoying....
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

f10 options -> disable fight spam

Originally posted by Ashuras
    Guard killing ... in crowded places is LAME.

U so called high level weapon testers are just plain LAZY and couldn't even be bothered to roll a misson to find a NPC of a suitable level to test.

What's so great about whacking a grey/green mob to so called test your weapons ?

These unneccessary killings generates spam and makes a laggy place even more laggy... and often cause me to get LD when trying to zone out of NL city

Real crap.

eh

And no Shenhiroko...I am not Selfish.
    I just cant believe that people have gone so low as to complain about killing NPC's.

Merchant ones aye but some people have been on the defence of Guards.

So I spoke up.

Also I have never heard of anyone losing items to someone attack a mob, usually * I think as its never happened* the trade box closes if engaged.

I can be rude, so what? If you really have a problem with it you can find me on irc.funcom.com #anarchyonline , Private message me, email me, I dont know.

You dont know me, just because Im using my ****ing common sense over a silly subject doesnt mean im SELFISH.

I have been very generous (sp?) and helpful to many people, and because of that I have been helped myself with my new account (thanks guys)

I dont know who you are but, If I was to get in a hissy fit, its because people who start proving me wrong when they have no hard evidence or proof or ANYTHING to back it up, or they fly insults at me when uncalled for.

Its 3am, Im cranky, I have had no sleep , so excuse me.
    Last edited by Cloudeh; Aug 31st, 2002 at 02:58:03.
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

One thing that really pisses me off, is when I am logged on with my Omni MP, and see some clanner kill guards in trade while barely getting hurt at all.

If someone attacks a clan guard, clanners should be able to attack back. If someone attacks a omni guard, omnis should be able to attack back.

Aligned Npc's should be able to be buffed by their own side if they got the ncu's for it.

Merchants should be real nasty, like the guard/guide in backyards, if not nastier.

Guards should be able to call for backup.

Also, it seems like in 14.5, the guards in tir by whompa/ft are being decreased while increasing the ammount of guards in ent/trade. Is this wrong or what?

Oh, and yeah, I hope the ICC peacekeepers are much nastier than the normal neut guards, and that they got really nasty cards up their sleeve.
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.
    ---------------------------------------------

I agree on that.

If I clan attack Omni guard, or a omni attacks and clan guard, add neuts somewhere in that add let those player able to be open to attack, for -help-.

I have sometimes seen guards Cast nanos on themselves and shout something, me and saiban where messing with them once and I think they got fed up :P
    I am a Tragic Figure

I kill the Newland guards and i'll keep doing it.

I need to test my nano's, weapon etc.. Don't try stop me, dont yell at me, you'll only get an Ignore
    Minister Randal Moscadelli
    Callsign: Kryos
    Office closed down, for an unknown time

This is getting out of hand. I wish they would just delete the guards at Newland. Just get rid of those two. It would make a lot of players happy. I'm sick to death of the jackasses lagging me to death with their battle spam as I try to go from grid to gate.

Selfish bastards these people. No regard for anybody else.

FunCom ought to at least reply to this post.

Now this is another stupid thing with those guard killing things.

Anyone being yesterday evening on Reet's Retreat's roof to attend the UoR ball? Anyone remembering how it was hard to log in at about 1 am GMT? Anyone ever wondered or only thought that killing the friggin' merchants and other tailors in the street near Reet's, just because some people were bored waiting being warped, would only add to the lag that finally became so bad that the zone crashed?

I can admit the people there were bored. Lots of us waited for more than one hour to be warped to the ball (note: this ain't a flame against the UoR members or the Engys! After all they were patient enough to cope with it as much as us!). And then some went down to kill the NPCs... anhd not only one or two... as if there weren't enough problems like this. Having chat window spammed by so much crap, and seeing the zone lag even more, was simply ridiculous.

Oh yes, let's have it straight for those who could retort I don't know how to 'have fun': I was warped at the party at about 3:30 am my time, ater having been up since 7 am and a whole week working 10 hours per day, so if I didn't feel like killin NPCs, I guess it was *just* a little normal.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

LOL!!! OMG! THIS POST SHOULD HAVE NEWBIE SLAPPED OVER ITS ASS!

Really people, do you think Pressing Q And Watching a Person in the attack animation will REALLY LAG?

Seriously, What the ****?
    HOW CAN A PERSON ATTACKING ONE OR TWO GUARDS LAG THE SERVER?!

If you think one person is bad then I suggest you get a system upgrade rofl.

I mean PVP wars in 2ho, with 40+ people....Was..still just playable.

I sorted out my bad performance issues and last nights B and W Event Ran smoothly with eeverything at max.

If theres any lag to be talked about its camalot and these role playing events where every player and thier *****es Tag along.

I'm sick to death of the jackasses lagging me to death with their battle spam as I try to go from grid to gate.

lol! ahahaha Lol!!!!!!!!!

F10 Misc.

Other hit other off.
    Other hit by nano Off.
    Monster hitting you.

all all that crap that you dont really need to see, well I have monster hitting me off all the time now, unless I really need to see it...which i never do.
    I am a Tragic Figure

Unhappy Some Guard have to be Killed

There are several place where there are guards located
    near the grid access(galway county comes to mind).

You have to kill these guards before you can enter the grid.

Well Cloudeh, saying she/we don't know you is kind of wrong.

There they are, series of letters that constitutes sentences that most of the time make some sense. Through the imperfections of human communications via speech, we get them the way we do. And they bear your name.

Maybe in game/RL you are something completely different. Maybe you leave boards posting to your secretary. Your parrot. Or Dog. I have no particular desire to know you. So I don't go around asking where are you so I can be there when you are and get "the whole picture".

But I do read there boards. And have, maybe unfortunately, few cells up in my skull that sometimes just wouldn't obey common sense and come up with an opinion on something/somebody.
    postcount++

Okay, It seems that we all have to write posts in perfect english, no mistakes what-so ever etc..

Dude!... This is not an essay, this is a forum, do you think I can whore this board all day long checking EVERYTHING I say?

Honestly ... WAAAH WAAAAAH WAAAH.

Do you really think I can express me view and thought through text? WELL **** ME SIDWAYS........ This must be some new technology to communicate the years anger and HATE And Stress ....THROUGH TEXT! OH MY GOD! Please, tell me where I can order this.

I dont WRITE to be grammatically(sp?) correct, I type as if I was SPEAKING, even that is hard to do because I cannot type as fast as I speak. (Almost )

And again I say, you dont know me, stop making something up about me through what I type and say in posts.

I hate people that over-judge someone and say you are this, and you are that.
    I am a Tragic Figure

These NPC's are in game for weapons testing purposes.

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    I am not Selfish.
    LMAO- priceless. Hmm.... why were you gone for so long again...? Let me think...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast