Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: OTPC: Ultimatum to the Resistance

my point still stands even if i have crappy recollection

Vickie
    Sovieta, Seraph - Angel of the first order
    Ihsahna,my Twinkie

" What on earth would our beloved, stinking, beautiful Europe have become without our dope fiends, drunkards, homosexuals, consumptives, madmen, syphilitics, bed-wetters, criminals, and epileptics? Our whole culture was created by invalids, lunatics, and felons."
    —Moment of Freedom- Jens Bjørneboe 1966

Quote Originally Posted by Windkeeper View Post
    Dust Brigade are NOT clan, they are in truth Unicorn Company who were sent here years ago to create chaos and taint the image of the clans. DB has even attacked the clan capital of Tir and also Old Athen on several occasions over the years.

It was because of DB that the Tir Accord was annulled and the original Council of Truth fell.
    I really do not want to get involve in politics again, I have little love or respect for any of the sides, except perhaps the rhinomen. But I hate seeing misinformation of this magnatude being perpetuated.

Firstly, the Dust Brigade were once a legacy Clan. A some point, 3-4 years ago or so history was misteriously rewritten, but if you look hard enough you can still find references to the Dust Brigade Clan.

That the Dusters were Clan to start with does not exclude they might have been for hired by some other party, be it Sol Banking, an covert Omn faction or even Silverstone (who had no love for either the Amnesty or the original CoT).

What is however undeniable is that said OT suffered more at the hands of the Dust Brigade (in lives and money) than anyone else - case in point the residential building in Omni Ent that was hit by the terrorist bomb and totally demolished. Nothing like that ever hit Tir or Athen. To suggest that OT planned all this just to make the Clan look bad is both irrational and plain conceited, it sounds like cutting off your own nose to spite your face. The Clans perfectly capable of making themselves look bad all on their own.

May I also add that Portman, the radical Clan leader recently rescued from captivity by a Clan strike force had been negotiationg before her arrest with the Dust Brigade to form an alliance to attack OT. Even I know this, don't come tell me you didn't?

I have no idea how you link The Unicorns to the Dust Brigade. If you have some hard evidence, produce it. If not, it's just another conspiracy. Those are a dime a dozen on Rubi-Ka.

I would also point out that the Council of Ares, which you should be well acquainted with had a major role in taking down the original Council of Truth.

I just wanted to set the record straight.

Savoy
    Last edited by Dabblez; Mar 20th, 2007 at 00:52:14.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

My comment might have arrived late, but still...
    Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    You people really overstate my job in the council. Please stop that.

So, come meet me and Xaun in a low supp... private place to discuss this.
    Oh, you say that you need to be two clanners against one omni to win a fight in a "private" area? Says something about your capabilities for battle, does it not?

And to the point of "private" area... I'm sure some of your tower fields would be a perfect arena to stage the "duel" should you feel the need to have a more physical approach. Expect Omni-Tek personnell to back up Skeletawe if you feel the urge to escalate this to a "many clanners gank a omni" situation...

If you really need to have a private talk, why not get invitation to use a apartment in neutral territory? That should be a perfect place to really *talk* it out..
    Last edited by Lupe; Apr 24th, 2007 at 04:52:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupe View Post
    My comment might have arrived late, but still...

Oh, you say that you need to be two clanners against one omni to win a fight in a "private" area? Says something about your capabilities for battle, does it not?

And to the point of "private" area... I'm sure some of your tower fields would be a perfect arena to stage the "duel" should you feel the need to have a more physical approach. Expect Omni-Tek personnell to back up Skeletawe if you feel the urge to escalate this to a "many clanners gank a omni" situation...

If you really need to have a private talk, why not get invitation to use a apartment in neutral territory? That should be a perfect place to really *talk* it out..
    Ommers always assume...ever thought...the second clanner to be a WITNESS to the fight, if the ommer loses and then says he didn't...there needs to be a witness to tell the truth, no?

It's not like you omnis would like....for example about the coming of the Kyr'Ozch years ahead of time...oh wait...you did lie about that...
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windkeeper View Post
    Ommers always assume...ever thought...the second clanner to be a WITNESS to the fight, if the ommer loses and then says he didn't...there needs to be a witness to tell the truth, no?
    I doubt that Astera and Xaun would play fair... or they'll say the truth... after all... some clanners have a "gift" to paint an utter defeat with victory paint...
    I do not say that OT is 100% accurate... but hey... this is propaganda... both sides use it...

It's not like you omnis would like....for example about the coming of the Kyr'Ozch years ahead of time...oh wait...you did lie about that...
    Well... even if Omni-Tek hold the information, we have coordinated the Rubi-Ka defense ... The Unicorns were in the first row in the fight against aliens... Only lately they requested help from the inhabitants of RK
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    Squad Commander of First Order (retired)
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.
    We do not KILL people... We PROCESS them

oh please... i saw omnis summon aliens in borealis, 2ce... and might surprise you that if you look to the floor in the "fixer grid" as it's called, aka the illegal grid, you'll see the logo of the unicorns you hold so dear...

if it is so illegal, why does it have the logo of your "supreme" forces?
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

For once I actually find myself in agreement with the Clans on this matter. The people responsible for this should be brought up on charges, starting with the idiots who approved this for public release as a "warning".
    I know I may have been off planet for a while but I don't recall heavy stim use ever being approved of in the boardroom, obviously things have changed and they're all stimmed out of their tiny minds! This is a PR nightmare plain and simple. To consider this would even act as a warning shows that some have a very short attention span, in the past any act like this has always resulted in an increase of violence from the clans, I can't recall any time when they have responded by saying "oops, our bad, we'll be good little clanners now". Plain stupidity. On top of this they decide that they should make this warning as public as possible. The Board seems to forget that we have a reputation beyon Rubi-Ka to maintain and brutal acts like this always result in a drop in public opinion and in some cases even a reduction in our stock prices. OT needs to remember that they are a business first and these heavy handed tactics have a bad tendency to backfire.
    Senobyte: Back in business
    Millgram: Psychologist, anthropologist, gentleman adventurer and cheese connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Senobyte View Post
    The people responsible for this should be brought up on charges, starting with the idiots who approved this for public release as a "warning".
    By all means go ahead. As for Clans correcting our own, take a gander sometime at the CoT forums about PBF, Bori, and the CoT response.

In any case, let's see those charges brought up, eh? Chop chop!
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Jujuwalker View Post
    Congratulations, you've just admitted to being a criminal within the rules of your own organisation.
    She wears them there ommer-poller insignias. I'd think that it was enough proof for clanners, it certainly is to us OT employees..
    Quote Originally Posted by krull_uk View Post
    All Omni's should hang their heads in shame for this atrocity.
    Indeed.
    It's a sad thing to be associated with, even just by working for OT-RK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupe View Post
    Nah, one clammer to take care of that ommer-poller, the other to hold off her henchmen, that sounds about right.
    I mean, it's not like OP is known for adhering to the truth or anything - or keeping their words, agreements or such. *shrug*
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    oh please... i saw omnis summon aliens in borealis, 2ce... and might surprise you that if you look to the floor in the "fixer grid" as it's called, aka the illegal grid, you'll see the logo of the unicorns you hold so dear...

if it is so illegal, why does it have the logo of your "supreme" forces?
    Heh... good observation...
    But let me ask you something... do you know a better irony directed to Unicorns than to associate their logo to the "illegal" fixer grid?
    After all... all fixers in RK are "dancing" (and often crossing) on the line between legal and illegal.
    The Unicorn logo there doesn't automatically mean that they created the fixer grid... From my info the fixer grid was already established before the Unicorn have arrived to RK... (not 100% sure... the data was slightly corrupted)
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.

As far as I know, the rift was created by Omni-Tek for the Unicorn Company to get forces into every known area of Rubi-Ka, as fast as possible.

((OOC: The Smoke Loungers (namely: Sirocco) and Cyborgs found the grid and hacked their way in. You learn a bit about it in the fixer grid quests and the AI tech expertise 3 quest.))

((OOC Thanks for the update... missed to check those... I have done the Bazzit quest for AI technology expertise 3... but having no fixer toon I haven't done the fixer grid quest))
    Last edited by Aerya; May 7th, 2007 at 23:52:31.
    OT-Reform Officer

I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.

((any time. ))

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234