Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clan Tara raids are a disgrace

Clan Tara raids are a disgrace

I would just like to say grats to omni and keep up the good work. You have a looting system that works and you defend tara well. In contrast, the clans steal loot and hoard eachother. Tonight's Tara raid was a disgrace. After packing the 1st dungeon and realizing there was no hope to dislodge omni, the 2nd spawned. I raced to tir, found and engi, got him into the 2nd dungeon and I stayed in the first to warp people over. Tara went down just as omni came crashing in (already being done with the 1st) and the loot was gridded back to tir in (I believe) Kaiousama's hands. But where recently we had had fair rolls with all participating involved in the roll (besides Jdude getting screwed when Diomond decided to host his own roll after looting, which, incidentally, was much like today's fiasco), today a select few decided that only those involved from the 'beginning' of the raid should be included in the roll. However, they could not have gotten into the 2nd dungeon without the first being packed. I saw Snatch trying to enter the 2nd at the same time as voltek, the engi who warped ppl across and also wasn't included in the roll, so I can conclude that not all of them were logged there and had a free pass. So immediately those of us who packed the first made a contribution. I also understand that Tara was 3/4 dead when most of those warped in made it down. They opened fire and I can only assume that Tara was killed more quickly with their help. I assume this because only aprox. 6-8 ppl were involved in the roll and they could not possibly have been taking tara out very quickly. Now, omni made it down to the box room just after tara died and a quick evac was necessary. If it had not been for the extra help, the 20+ omni that flooded down would easilly have killed the dmg team before tara was dead. Another contribution unmeasured. And yet only the 'original few' were included in the roll, those who were said to be there first. I understand that they were the dmg team. I understand that they did most of the work killing tara. But i don't believe that it is up to them to decide who made an adequate contribution and who can be included in the roll(s). I was present from the time when snatch and I were the only clanners in the 1st dungeon, and I warped over the support into the 2nd, and like everyone else not in the dmg team, I was excluded from the roll.
    So Kudos omni. If it weren't for my wonderful guild (which will no longer be aiding the clan cause in raiding tara I'm sure), I would join you, for at least you try to be fair about it. Kudos to those besides the 30 point-getters who show up to fight clan (and judging by the resistance I've seen, there are more than 30). Kudos for rising above the uber-guild power-grab mentality. After recently discovering the fun of tara raids, the fun has been removed. Or should I say, the fun refuses to include me?

Good to hear

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Good to hear, perhaps. Impossible to read....
    Sorry.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

<<< Ain't stepping into box room till, i'm either looking to lag die alot, or the servers improve. Since so many people started showing at Tara, the lag is just a joke.

Damn RK2 giving clans a bad name! =p
    j/k btw
    *runs

Ah thats rk2 - Doesnt bother me in the slightest

I was getting worried until I saw your sig.
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

sorry if it was tough to read

Here's a rough translation:

Omni owns 1st dungeon.
    Clan tries to dislodge them without any success.
    At the same time, a group of players who didn't even try to fight omni just wait until the 1st is full and get into the second.
    Once the second is spawned, I rush to tir, grab and engi, get him into the 2nd dungeon and we start warping people over.
    The people already in the second dungeon decide that they don't want to share the loot and go kill Tara.
    When those warped over get down to Tara, it is 3/4 dead.
    Those people help to kill Tara and then help with evac as Omni comes crashing in a min or two after Tara goes down.

What angers me:
    2nd spawn only happens when first is full. There is no way that some of those on the dmg team in the 2nd dungeon could have gotten in without the 1st being packed (I saw snatch trying to zone in and out myself).
    Without help to take Tara down faster, omni would have certainly come in before Tara was dead and it would have been lost. One dmg team and a few extras vs 20+ omnis isn't much of a fight.
    Despite these things, the looters, for the second time recently, decided to hold their own exclusive roll for only those they deemed 'there from the beginning'.

Omni does it right.

=(

Well it appears that the greed never stops.... i tell you that dragon is more trouble than it is worth sometime, I am sorry i went down like that but I do know from going to there time after time you have to make sure that you get in the temp chat that is created before tara even spawns, usually this chat is set up by Kai, arm, Xscape, jsut shout "invite me to chat" and you should get an invite never seen a problem with it before. Once in that chat you will get a shot at loot if a team in that chat gets loot. But to avoid having people come in at the end (not saying you did) they set it up that if you are not in chat you dont get a chance at loot. Most of the time it is fair but there will be some glitches that cant be avoided. Main thing get into the chat that is started and no matter what dungeon you defend you will get loot chances =)

Problem was, the people who looted left themselves out of the chat, and everyone in the chat was excluded. It was the us vs them mentality that really bugged me.

And yes, you're right, it's not worth the trouble really.
    Last edited by Anonymous; Aug 30th, 2002 at 18:27:45.

don't blame quiz for this one.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

But i would not be suprised if quiz starts hoarding the loot again. Second time in 3 days that some members of quiz have been screwed out of loot.

Jdude first and this incident yesterday.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

I wasnt part of this raid but I agree with Thatone and would go on to add it was Quiz who started this fiasco with thier greed in the first place. I would also add it wasn't all of quiz that decided that tara should not be shared. I can name a few Quiz who have more honor than to be greedy pawns of the Quiz wanna be elite. To all you toe lickers that kiss up to the 200+ Quizotics get a life. Dont admire someone for their level admire then for the person they are. In this case I still admire a few Quiz and have stopped my ban on grouping with all Quiz but I still have a strong distaste for Quiz and what they have done. I am even more disgusted with the influx of new members into their guild soley on the basis of Quiz's greed.

To end it all the Tara raid for Clan sucks. Yes I would go Omni too now if not for my wonderful guild and friends. Last even though Quiz did some scummy things you cant blame it on them entirely. I said a long time ago to my guild that I knew most of the upper quiz and that one in particular couldnt be trusted and mark my words two days later I was proved right.

And yes Kudos to the Omni for their awesome ability to hold Tara over superior opponents.

Barbbs 165 Old School Fixer

Umm

Originally posted by barbbs
    I wasnt part of this raid but I agree with Thatone and would go on to add it was Quiz who started this fiasco with thier greed in the first place. I would also add it wasn't all of quiz that decided that tara should not be shared. I can name a few Quiz who have more honor than to be greedy pawns of the Quiz wanna be elite. To all you toe lickers that kiss up to the 200+ Quizotics get a life. Dont admire someone for their level admire then for the person they are. In this case I still admire a few Quiz and have stopped my ban on grouping with all Quiz but I still have a strong distaste for Quiz and what they have done. I am even more disgusted with the influx of new members into their guild soley on the basis of Quiz's greed.

To end it all the Tara raid for Clan sucks. Yes I would go Omni too now if not for my wonderful guild and friends. Last even though Quiz did some scummy things you cant blame it on them entirely. I said a long time ago to my guild that I knew most of the upper quiz and that one in particular couldnt be trusted and mark my words two days later I was proved right.

And yes Kudos to the Omni for their awesome ability to hold Tara over superior opponents.

Barbbs 165 Old School Fixer
    Barbbs why don't you back off. We haven't done dragon in a long time and these comments are not needed. You where not even there that day so your comments aren't even based on any truth.If you feel the need to go omni then do so but don't bash people just because you need to have a bad guy.

Actually, I never said anything about quiz being the root of the problem. In fact, Jdude, who is Quiz, has been the one doing most of the organizing (at least from what I can tell). Despite this, he was recently robbed of loot when Diomond (and possibly a few others) decided that when they looted the corpse, jdude's staying in dungeon 1 to warp people over wasn't enough to warant a place in the roll. So instead of honoring Jdude's roll, which involved everyone who wanted to participate, Diomond rolled his own personal roll with fewer people and Jdude lost out because he was not included.

Last night it was primarily Yagyu (again, from what I can tell) that decided who to include and not include. When I asked Kai about it he said that he only included the people who were originally there, and proceded to name off about 6 or 8 people. Again, what bothers me is that these people made no attempt to share or be fair about the loot. They obviously knew that the rest of us were packing the first and used this knowledge to make a grab for loot.

This was a case where some quiz and some yagyu were involved, and some quiz were in the dark (namely Jdude, possibly others). It wasn't only Quiz.

Exclamation 3 words barbbs

Get A life!
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

These tara raids sound...interesting, i cant wait to go on one.

oh and, Omni-tek is your friend

Originally posted by Fluffor "Tanyr" Neblett
    Ah thats rk2 - Doesnt bother me in the slightest

I was getting worried until I saw your sig.
    Hehe, my thoughts exactly
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

What's RK2?
    RETIRED

Originally posted by Sheldon
    What's RK2?
    I was going to ask that myself.

Originally posted by Intrepid

But i would not be suprised if quiz starts hoarding the loot again. Second time in 3 days that some members of quiz have been screwed out of loot.

Jdude first and this incident yesterday.
    Heh...mr hood-ninja himself complaining about fairness?? Gimme a break...and NO T1 it wasnt 'just yagyu' there are only 3 of us of a lvl to be useful there, one was Pax, two were Quiz and then Dodgeman...

I log on, snatch tells me come to camelot, I pop up in the 2nd dungeon with Dodge and snatch, we grab enough people to kill it, we go and kill it...asked if we were in the 2nd dungeon they said yea everyone is still fighting over the 1st...
    Yagyu for life

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast