Is there any way Funcom will be a bit flexible?
I've already said this in another thread, but I wanted to actually get an answer from you if that's alright.

I know that you guys need to make money, and the give a friend the cd you don't need, key and all, is a good idea.

I doubt it'll be downloadable for a while because apparently it's "too big". Though it would be nice to download for X amount.

But, we existing customers are getting shafted which is what this is all about. Not the money.
Newbies are essentially getting $20 off which is like 50% off.
You can download the game for $20 and a free month. Then you can buy the booster pack for $20. This is $40.
But a total newbie, never had AO, come Christmas, gets to buy it ALL, including a free month, in one fell swoop for $20. That seems hardly fair.

I doubt they'll give us all a free month which of course would be nifty.
But can't they at least decide to give a $5 rebate for preordering it direct from them?
Or have two packagings in retail stores? One for newbies with everything for $20, and one for existing customers for $10 or $15?
But I'd settle for just a pre-order rebate, and if I don't pre-order then it's my fault I have to pay the full $20.
This is a two way relationship you know.

So CZ, is there anyway, they might change their minds or do something for us? Is this reasonable to ask?
If I sound like a winey git, that's not what I meant to sound like. Especially since I can't stand people who are like that or just bistache all the time.

Either way, I'll buy two boosters packs. One for my account and one for my husband's. I really like the game, and I will continue to play it for quite some time. My favorite roleplaying game is Shadowrun, and AO is a lot like it, so it's my cup of tea.