Thread: Just fix the damn roots

Just fix the damn roots

not asking for a nerf--just a fix

Roots seem to be based on skills..not the ql of the root. (just an observation, not 100% sure on that)

What that means is that the lvl 100 NT/agent/fixer/trader can chain cast his ql 1 root on you all day long, saving ass-loads of nano, and it will stick almost 100% of the time. (im sure most of you rooters will flame me...but i dont care. go die somewhere) If thats the case (and im pretty sure it is.) it needs a little work. Again, not asking for a nerf, just a fix...i usually dont have trouble with rooters, as most are nice enough to die with as/fs/brawl/dimach/shen (if that doesnt kill them, it usually sends them running for the house in tir arena, or the grid in omni arena), but it would help with the 1-75 group of pvpers.

( I dont know if this has anything to do with...well...anything...but here goes. friend made a twink lvl 8 atrox agent, teamed with me, and managed to pull off a root on spydervenom in the arena WHILE he was raging.. Not sure what that means...but it seems a little bit..odd.)

You may flame now, seeing as you have nothing better to do.

What they really should fix is the 'general debuff breaks root' as well as how difficult or easy it should be to resist it and how easy it breaks from damage.
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Exactly. They need to fix both at the same time or neither at all. I'm all for making it so you have to use higher roots at higher levels, but ONLY if the goddamn things can't be broken every 2 seconds by a general debuff or by taking damage.

Higher QL roots should have either longer duration, or a lower chance to break. I think a combination of both would be good. But as it is, there is absolutely no reason to use a high QL root, even if the "general debuff removes root" bug is fixed.

I agree with most of the rooting stuff arguments here, but there's one thing that's bugged me for a while.

Ever remember being a n00b, and getting rooted back in a ql50-100 mission? You didn't know that debuffs broke em, so you had to sit there......................... for 20 minutes. I hated that... i once ran around with -800 runspeed for 10 minutes thinking of how retarded this game was.

If you can't break those roots, then what, you just have to wait em out?

Simple fix add general nanos that have good chance (lets say 50-75%) to remove Root of same Q. Nano cost of that thing should be average cost of snare/root of same Q.
    Wich means that if you got rooted by q125 nano and you have one q125 root remover you have good chance to remove it.
    Or if your remover are more that 2x Q that root then you have 100% to remove it. Same goes other way to (if root are 2x Q higher that your remover then remover are useless against it). Sell those removers in Gen shops up to q125 or so, past q125 you havew to do missions for them and highest Q Remover should be of same Q that highest root in the game.

Ofcourse this all can be tweaked a bit. But all rooters will use noob root in pvp as long as all non rooters use cheap debuffs to remove them
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?

Supposedly, higher level roots have higher "stress" levels meaning that it takes more damage to break them than a lower root. However, with the kind of damage that flies around, the higher level roots aren't really any better than the low ones.
    MP's should be FEARED.

Re: Just fix the damn roots

Originally posted by Element
    not asking for a nerf--just a fix

Roots seem to be based on skills..not the ql of the root. (just an observation, not 100% sure on that)

What that means is that the lvl 100 NT/agent/fixer/trader can chain cast his ql 1 root on you all day long, saving ass-loads of nano, and it will stick almost 100% of the time. (im sure most of you rooters will flame me...but i dont care. go die somewhere) If thats the case (and im pretty sure it is.) it needs a little work. Again, not asking for a nerf, just a fix...i usually dont have trouble with rooters, as most are nice enough to die with as/fs/brawl/dimach/shen (if that doesnt kill them, it usually sends them running for the house in tir arena, or the grid in omni arena), but it would help with the 1-75 group of pvpers.

( I dont know if this has anything to do with...well...anything...but here goes. friend made a twink lvl 8 atrox agent, teamed with me, and managed to pull off a root on spydervenom in the arena WHILE he was raging.. Not sure what that means...but it seems a little bit..odd.)

You may flame now, seeing as you have nothing better to do.
    FLAME:

Roots ARE fixed in that sense, higher ql roots LAST LONGER , making them based on the ql of the root, in terms of their effectiveness on people in pvp would be a nerf quite sadly...

Originally posted by Psiraven
    Supposedly, higher level roots have higher "stress" levels meaning that it takes more damage to break them than a lower root. However, with the kind of damage that flies around, the higher level roots aren't really any better than the low ones.
    Yep, true. Lowest QL roots have like 75+ chance to break when hit by dmg or debuff....highest QL roots have like 48% to break. Which isn't that much of an improvment considering way higher nano cost (higher recharge too..). Lots of space for adjusting roots for PvE here.

imo wrong

Stop all this nerf this reduce that etc etc.. every change in PvP reflects in PvM and some peeps don't give a jot about PvP. IMO he crys nerf is the one who gets regularly beaten by a supirior player... not profession.

Fix nano resist make it work properly, if you have 300 in nano resist it should say equate to say 10% chance of resisting any 100% hostile nano thrown at you (including general debuffs on self). Low ql debuffs/roots etc = high % chance of resist, high ql nano low chance of resist.

Fixing it would be fair, pvpers would be less worried about tarders drains, MP nano shut down, docs init debuff, agents roots, fixers debuffs, NT's area nukes and so one. In turn self casting a debuff on your self maybe resisted too.

Btw i am a trader and drains are our only advantage in PvP i would rather see them being resisted than have the effects reduced. (geez every time i go to wrangle some one i would be tapping for ever).

ACk what do i know i have never drained some one in pvp then won the fight.... but then everyone i target is dark red to me hee hee.

if you fix nano resist, do you know the enforcer will be totally Invunerable to...

Any rooting profession, not that they already are.
    I mean I used to even evade must debuffs and NT combat nanos, make it any more stronger and lol.

Rage is the only way to break roots without using a debuff on yourself, should this be our uniqueness?

Its simple, Stop debuffs breaking roots, FC said they fixed it but they didnt.

This would MAKE NT quit whining when they can root a MA through an entire fight.
    If you know how to PVP with debuffs then you will no trouble getting close to a rooter.

Think about it, when most NTs use nullity people run off till it comes off.

Now if a NT does nullity, roots a player... ono!

Agents, crats, trader bah you know.

But I think FC is too scared to change it becuase they know alot of people will complain, but tell me this wasnt always so in pvp ;p
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Nanoresist works as is. Trust me.

The problem is all you melee-ers want to resist 100% of roots, and it ain't gonna happen. The only way to do it is with enforcer Rages, which are pretty much the NR equivalent of Grid Armor.

NR does work. For an attack skill of 620 and a NR skill of 750, a nano with a 130% resist landed a little over 1/3 of the time, a nano with a 100% resist landed about 2/5 of the time, and a nano with a 80% resist landed about 3/5 of the time. This was tested by myself and Gailyn.

FC needs to fix the lower/higher QL root problem, and they need to fix debuffs breaking roots IN COMBAT. Let the debuffs break the roots outside of combat, so people don't have to sit around in missions. But let rooters use their roots the way they're supposed to be used.

Oh, and it needs to be done in the same patch.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Re: imo wrong

Originally posted by brioni
    Stop all this nerf this reduce that etc etc.. every change in PvP reflects in PvM and some peeps don't give a jot about PvP. IMO he crys nerf is the one who gets regularly beaten by a supirior player... not profession.

Fix nano resist make it work properly, if you have 300 in nano resist it should say equate to say 10% chance of resisting any 100% hostile nano thrown at you (including general debuffs on self). Low ql debuffs/roots etc = high % chance of resist, high ql nano low chance of resist.

Fixing it would be fair, pvpers would be less worried about tarders drains, MP nano shut down, docs init debuff, agents roots, fixers debuffs, NT's area nukes and so one. In turn self casting a debuff on your self maybe resisted too.

Btw i am a trader and drains are our only advantage in PvP i would rather see them being resisted than have the effects reduced. (geez every time i go to wrangle some one i would be tapping for ever).

ACk what do i know i have never drained some one in pvp then won the fight.... but then everyone i target is dark red to me hee hee.

blaaahhhhhhhhh tell me the name of your char so i can just put him on ignore to save me from being exposed to your explicit ignorance. i tried to be nice...i even said "NOT ASKING FOR A NERF" but some people are too stupid to bother reading and just flame because they're hardcore losers...ffs. go run with scissors or play in traffic...maybe we'll get lucky.

/me chainroots element

Gimpprof forces your ncu to run no escape possible ....

Gimpprof forces your ncu to run no escape possible ....

Gimpprof forces your ncu to run no escape possible ...

Gimpprof forces your ncu to run no escape possible ...

You have died of weapon damage!!!!!

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    Nanoresist works as is. Trust me.

[... cut ...]

FC needs to fix the lower/higher QL root problem, and they need to fix debuffs breaking roots IN COMBAT. Let the debuffs break the roots outside of combat, so people don't have to sit around in missions. But let rooters use their roots the way they're supposed to be used.

Oh, and it needs to be done in the same patch.
    I agree 100% with this. I've seen Trader drains tested against an MA with high NR (800-900ish) and full def. Plunder landed 10% of the time, and Divest landed about 30-40% of the time. NR is very much improved over what it used to be, and can be used a great defensive skill if used properly. Having high NR doesn't mean anything if you PvP in full agg. If you PvP in full agg, you deserve to be chain rooted until you die.

"FC needs to fix the lower/higher QL root problem, and they need to fix debuffs breaking roots IN COMBAT." Well said.

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    if you fix nano resist, do you know the enforcer will be totally Invunerable to...

Any rooting profession, not that they already are.
    I mean I used to even evade must debuffs and NT combat nanos, make it any more stronger and lol.

Rage is the only way to break roots without using a debuff on yourself, should this be our uniqueness?

Its simple, Stop debuffs breaking roots, FC said they fixed it but they didnt.

This would MAKE NT quit whining when they can root a MA through an entire fight.
    If you know how to PVP with debuffs then you will no trouble getting close to a rooter.

Think about it, when most NTs use nullity people run off till it comes off.

Now if a NT does nullity, roots a player... ono!

Agents, crats, trader bah you know.

But I think FC is too scared to change it becuase they know alot of people will complain, but tell me this wasnt always so in pvp ;p

Can someone plz explain what this d00d is doing here?
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!