Thread: Behind Closed Doors

Behind Closed Doors

"Yes, very good, see to it that all units in the field are retrofitted as soon as you can..."
    Science minister Trixie Rhaiyne closed off the commlink and relaxed in her chair. The production of defensive weaponry was proceeding well. In just a few months they had gone from early test models to having active mobile weapons platforms in the field.
    She smiled to herself, then turned to her visitor.

"So, I assume you're not here to congratulate the city of Newland on its successful implementation of defensive programs to protect us from another Borealis..."

The figure across the room stepped forward from the shadowed wall agaist which she had perched for the past few minutes.
    "Oh, I'm here to congratulate you, of course. If Newland was to fall to Omni-Tek my mistress would have to begin again with a new investment, and she has already placed so much in this one."
    Trixie swung around so she could fix her eyes firmly on the Opifex girl standing across her desk. She was young, even younger than the minister herself, her body a web of high tech gadgetry concealed to the casual observer's eye by low budget cybernetic armour. Her eyes were clearly high quality implants, and Trixie betted her body concealed even more.
    "My mistress hopes you have found the equipment she has provided to be of value," the girl continued, "you have certainly made use of it..." Her eyes slid toward the rifle perched on the end of the desk, and the alien technology wired into its surface.
    "Yes, and the reverse engineering we have performed upon the...other articles you provided us with has certainly borne fruit in bringing our frontline forces up to Omni's level."
    "If this is the case, why then have your organisation failed to perform the task my mistress is equipping you for?" She looked accusingly across the desk, her eyes smoothly reflecting the light of the computer screen imbedded in the surface, "you have everything you need to fight, and Zora has even provided every reason you need to push the council towards military action, yet all we've seen are a few guerilla attacks on mining sites in the Borealis area."
    "It's not as easy as that. I want Borealis freed just as much as your 'mistress' does, but tell her that I can't sway the council towards open military action. I'm having to work through other channels to do this. Other sources of allies, allies like you..."

The Opifex girl stood there, her face betraying no hint of emotion.
    "If this is the case, then perhaps more direct application of my mistress' own power will be necessary."
    She raised a hand lightly, and a static charge filled the air. With a casual wave, the glass in the desk d lighting of the room shattered. Another gesture and the fuses of all the room's systems exploded in a shower of sparks.
    In the silent darkness of the room, the girl leaned in across the desk to where her lips could almost touch Trixie's own.
    "The White Queen wants to lead the world into light, Ms Rhaiyne," she said softly, as with a final wave of her hand the computer displays of the room hummed into life, electricity visibly arcing between the points of the now defunct fuses, the whole thing bathing the room in a soft glow, "Immanentize your Eschaton. She has offered you the tools to do so and delivered them because she believes you can do it. Please do not disappoint her."
    At once the room was plunged back into darkness, broken only by the thin shaft of light as the door opened, and the girl reached for the belt slung behind it, with a pair of guns loosely hanging. Fastening it around her, she walked out.

A few moments later, the minister activated the repair nanobots of the room's systems and patched them into the building's internal sensors. Pulling up the logs on the last few minutes in her room, she smiled as a deluge of data greeted her eager eyes.
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister

((Very interesting...and cryptic!))
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu