Thread: Nano Resist

Nano Resist

Is this still broken?, if it is fix it please, getting rooted can suck, especially if your a melee class (yes i know about the debuff way but not only is it slow,a waste of nano and you cant use it if your nano is locked up from tms)

This may be a little unfair to the nts and their nukes but their so lame at the moment anyway that a little more lameness wont hurt

LOL Whiteboog! Be nice to the nt's They dont suck at all.

Anyway, I have now maxed nanoresist at level 200, but its hard to tell if it works or not... Is there supposed to be a message like "You countered XXX's deprive" or something like that? Would be nice tho..
    PREDICAMENT|220:26| SENZOR|220:17| TWERRAX|218:11|

If you resist something you'll get a message saying "You countered the program." Not sure if this message shows up if you have Misses under the Options menu turned off.

-Dez

Re: Nano Resist

Originally posted by Whiteboog
    Is this still broken?, if it is fix it please, getting rooted can suck, especially if your a melee class (yes i know about the debuff way but not only is it slow,a waste of nano and you cant use it if your nano is locked up from tms)

This may be a little unfair to the nts and their nukes but their so lame at the moment anyway that a little more lameness wont hurt
    Go bite a rollerrats ass....NTs aren't lame.

Fixing Nano Resist wouldn't hurt us any either...we have it cheaper than anyone else and being able to resist stuff like Nano Shutdown, Uncontrollable Body Tremors, Plunder Skills, etc... would help us bigtime.

...but it isn't broken....it's effects are less evident when your agg bar is set on full agg.
    .: Naraya :.

hehe i wasnt't really having a go at nt's i was sympathising, NT's at my level in pvp have it extremly hard, their nukes dont do massive dmg and they rarely have good weapons.

As the the nano resist i had heard it was broken :/ and thats why everyone uses the inexperience buffs instead. Ive never managed to counter a nano attack but ive never put it up much either so thats probabaly why. Predicament have you ever resisted a root?

Well then i guess it nano resist dont work ... I have all those options on usually... And i cant remeber ever seeing that message.

Tested something in the arena to.. had a trader friend deprive me, with all the deprives he had, even the lowest ones hit he every time .... guess nano resist is not working
    PREDICAMENT|220:26| SENZOR|220:17| TWERRAX|218:11|

speaking as an NT... my nukes get resisted more then my roots... so even if I can root an enemy, i'll run out of nano before he runs out of health more often then not...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

I remember having resisted a few times to nukes. But I did not see any a message. I'm sure other players can resist my nukes, I've experienced it. But I still think it's not enough efficient.
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

Gailyn and I were in the arena last night, testing NR.

He was on full defensive, I was on full aggressive. He is an NT, high level, fairly high nanoresist (around 750, IIRC). The attack skill for the debuff I was testing most heavily (Luck's Fickle Fate) was around 620. LFF has a 130% resist rating.

I cast it around 15 times on him, then he debuffed my skills with the -80 Frost nano, and I cast another 15 times or so.

In the end, with the 620 attack rating vs. his 750 (1000 effective) nanoresist, I landed a little more than 1/3 (6/15) LFFs on him.

After debuff, with a 540 attack rating, I landed a little less than 1/3 (4/15) on him.

So, for a 2:3 ratio of attack to NR, I was getting a 1/3 hit ratio.

I'd say NR works just about exactly as well as it's supposed to; given a 1:1 ratio of attack skills to NR, you should probably see about a 50% resistance rate. The problem is that very few people actually have a high enough NR to see a significant amount of resists against the attack rating of the people they fight.

All numbers subject to the flaws of my memory after a very poor night's sleep.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

weeeelll then, the soldier TMS should put NR up by a massive amount so when its up we cant get debuffed and things, thatd be handy and probabaly quite fair

Originally posted by Whiteboog
    weeeelll then, the soldier TMS should put NR up by a massive amount so when its up we cant get debuffed and things, thatd be handy and probabaly quite fair

Why dont you just try lowering your Agg bar to def? Hrm? You know, you dont HAVE to fight at full agg. But most soldiers think it is there god given right to stomp all over every class, and that no one should be able to beat them.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

lol, you do mean the very same soldier right, the soldier who hardly stand a chance versus any healing classes, the soldiers who either dont use their best defensive weapon (tms) or get wasted by roots, the very same soldiers who get owned by any trader even if its 20 levels lower (personal experience). Im not just speaking on behalf of myself (im not that good, i expect death) but all soldiers have it bad at my level, surely it makes sense that if dmg is dropped to 50% and the heals are still just as powerfull then the non-healers will suffer just a tad. This isnt really a complaint just more of a reply to your post which was not only rude but also very silly. I was merely making a suggestion which i think would even the odds a little and make pvp more enjoyable. (also i dont want to lower my aggresion bar because it makes me much slower and i rely on fast dmg to survive otherwise when my TMS runs down im just left looking silly with a first aid in my hand :/)

Whiteboog: ALL evades, nanoresist included, are MUCH more effective at full defensive than at full aggro. If you don't lower your agg bar, don't ever expect to see a resist message, and don't expect to see many misses either. The choice is pretty simple; deal out damage faster, but stay vulnerable, or protect yourself better and slow down the damage.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Arrow Think hard, boosts can be nerfs too

Keep in mind, with any boost to defensive skills, the mobs always get more.

So, before you ask for a nice counter rate, imagine every orange mob basically laughing at all your nanos. I already run into occasional boss mobs that resist an 85% nano half the time. BTW, I'm a trader. (think 1k+ check versus their resist)

Evades boost anyone? It was nice, but I can't be the only one who noticed the mob parry and dodge rate went up twice as much as ours. (the 10000 in each skill or whatever probably being why)

MvP and PvP nano resist could use a boost. PvM nano rez is high enough already, thanks. An across-the-board boost to the nano resist skill is a sneaky nerf waiting to happen.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

When I am on full defence, those nanos with resist at 100% still come through fairly easily (divests, doc debuffs, MP debuffs etc). However, it is very difficult for traders to land a plunder on me...they can divest, but unless they are lucky they won't see plunder landing until 8th or 9th try. As a NT thats pretty fair ratings, I won't be able to use my top of the range nukes, but I am not totally gimped either...albeit. Unless, I can take the trader down within 30-45 secs, I am most likely dead, as his/her attack ratings bonus will be able to eat away my HP much quicker then my offensives will.

Nano Resist does work, its not bullet proof, and don't think it was ever ment to be that way.

My crat often got resisted by mobs (which was often fatal during a charm) and i thought about buying an ncu coolant sink, do these stop resist or just stop fumbling?.. As for the ag bar i already know that when it goes down evades are more effective and so on i was just wondering if it was worth putting resist up at my level (81) where my inits are low so i cannt move my agg bar, or just waitin till i can raise my inits a lot more.

Best use for NanoResist: http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=151723

If it existed that is.....
    My Uber L33t Setup Includes:

Blazindro Clan 125 NT