Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vehicles

Motorcycles that look like the ones in Tron.
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

Thumbs up More Vehicles...! Yeah!

While I'm all for every vehicle posted here, I just want a van.

A van like Helena Oaks in the animated series! I've coveted that since last year!

How about it FC? We definately need vehicles that hold more than one person! That's the love adventurers need! I've said that for over a year.
    Last edited by Mieri; Sep 17th, 2002 at 11:19:54.
    President of the West Athen Irregulars

Supporter of both Armed and Negotiated settlements with Omni_Tek. Why use one when you can use two for twice the price?

Yeah, I can see it before me -

/s Grymvarg's AirTaxi, cheapest on RubiKa - Can take up to 6 passengers. If you're going on a mission, please don't leave stray ammo lying around in the back!

Imagine a cross between a Chevy Van and the TransAm in Back To The Future. That'd rock! It's been a dream of mine in AO for about a year now

Originally posted by StarFury5
    Motorcycles that look like the ones in Tron.

Oooooooo...
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

My 2 cents...

MID - Replace the useless MID with a hoverbike. No flying capabilities, just a hover-effect. And make sure it goes fast, silent and over the friggin' lakes. Now THAT's a recon-vehichle.
    Kodiak - Make the Kodiak stop wobbling sideways. It looks like the driver is under the influence of something he/she shouldn't be under, while driving.
    APC's - Holds a full team. Slow, but heavilly armored.
    Yalm's - As is.. Could use some paint and a logo or something maybe.
    Carriers - Airborn vehichle that can carry a full team (Pilot can't paradrop from obvious reasons ofcourse).

Remove all water associated vehichles. They don't have any usefull function at all. Rivers will be to shallow, and harbors are too small to manouver in.

Hmm.. that's about it I guess.
    Oh yes... can we re-arrange the whompah's soon? I'm almost comfortable with all the endpoints now...

Cheers
    /P

Imagine a cross between a Chevy Van and the TransAm in Back To The Future. That'd rock! It's been a dream of mine in AO for about a year now
    OMG! is the DeLorean a TransAm??
    I have been SO decieved...

vehicule you can use outside city which are really vehicule not small things, but real one, it's not fu to have vehicule the size of a leet

customizing your vehicule should be fun, engineer could just recycle them to build a repair shop and everything

and fighter craft, which you can take to a pvp zone and start making some air support to your fellow friends fighting for their life on the ground.....

that would be very nice
    TribuleX
    "make Whisky bottle a real weapon!"

Omni Tek Armed Forces

bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump

RK-1 Brutenater

High-speed fighter craft probably won't be implemented... and why?

The 40-meter character-view limit.

If you whiz past at 30 meters/sec (in AO, this is reasonable 'fighter' speed), you have 1.33 seconds to find, target, maneuver into position to aim and shoot at an enemy. A lot of actions to be done in so short of time.

Thus, the client code would need rewriting if this was to be made possible, so you could see people at a longer distance.

But we can always hope.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

And the reason you can't have multi-person vehicles is probably due to the funky rubberbanding that would happen as a result of the client prediction.

Still, if it came as part of an expansion, that is a good place to improve some limitations of the current system. For example, if it's not possible for mobs to see past 40m, why not enable it just for players? Remove the range limitation for player/player interaction and leave it for NPCs.

Since all mobs are obsessed with standing on your head while they shoot/chew on you, range would only be used tactically in PvP anyway.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

How about more water in Rubi-Ka then we can have cruise ships and speed boats and even yachts

FC, make the money and give it to us

jk

RK-1 Brutenater

*BUMP*

We should be able to have armoured vehicles, APC's (you can give ppl lifts on long journeys - also useful in battle strategies) Should be able to get vehicles with weaponry.. make your vehicle have 'skills' you could buy weaponry, armour and space upgrades.. v. expensive.

Perhaps ground vehicles never as fast as air, but they can always have bigger space to carry passengers... also slightly better armour possiblities... same fo water... a little faster than ground but less armour and air can carry less and have potentially less armour but go much faster.

You should be able to get missle upgrades (with ammo of course) machine guns, gatling guns and so on..

This would add an entirely new dimension to this game, ppl will not only be developing themselves but their vehicle(s) and entire battle plans/strategies would be developed around the use of different types of vehicles.. Fighter Planes, Bomber Planes, Cargo Vessasls, Tanks, APC's, Cruisers, Speedboats w/ Mounted Machine guns... w00000tt EXPAND THE CAPABILITIEES OF THE VEHICLES AND THE RANGE OF THEM
    Susanooh Nano-Technician
    Level 170
    Shadow Level 0
    Alien Level 2
    (Proud owner of Nullity Sphere Mk I, Mk II, Luxuary Jobe Apt. & Pet Leets) (Atlantean)
    Info
    Equip. & Imp. Layout
    Perks
    History

/born Friday November 2nd 2001

hmm, battlemechs... ala mechwarrior/battletech

for the clans:
    buildable vehicles of a less durable kind then omni-tek, as the clans don't have access to tech outside of what sol banking sends them. so most of their things should have to be build on the planet.

Omni-tek:
    a range of combat crafts, but with less variation then the clans since the company buys in bulk. perhaps with the option for engies/fixer to override security systems and add "illegal" stuff

I see the clans in madmax style vehicles, while omni-tek in crafts that look more like "pure" sci-fi crafts
    Malik "Zharatziel" Ashwell

- Freelancer - NT (AO hard mode on)

First of all you will never get a flying vehicle with speeds close to Yalms for significantly less. Who would buy a yalm then?

However, there are several other vehicles in the game but that catn be used. Just to name a few

Orb-plane found in Omni-Tek cities and outposts. These come in a smaller 1-2 man version and a very big one that appears to be used in carying troops.

Hover-Bike is all I can think of for the bike like cars parked at The Rising Sun outpost build ontop of the mountain in Aegean near the boarder to Wartorn Valley

Insect-Car can be seen all over, parked in the 'alleyway's between the streats in both OMni-Trade and Athen. They look very buggish, with big bug-eye looking windows and a stinger-ish point in the front with huge engines in the back.

Not only are these vehicles already in game (perhaps just props but I would bet you money some were originally created to be vehicles and then dropped do to time constraints when the game came out.)

At the very lease, the models are already there. Not to mention several unused 'vehicle sounds' are in the game. It doesn't seam like much to add some stats and a UNIQUE tag to these and make them buyable cars/planes/ships.

I would agree that a Tribes2-esk sportbike would be the shiznit

On I almost forgot one very important thing.

Now the the 'lag issues' in the game are for the most part gone, and people get respectable frames (on a respectable system with 256mb of ram or more). I think that vehicles need to be returned to there original, and accurate size.

I want to be able to fly my yalm and have all the newbs gasp at the thing, just like I used to do with my Kodiak back in the early days of AO. In case some of you newer people didn't know (newer I mean came to the game at least 4 months after release) you see how big the hovercraft is right? Well the other vehicles used to be reletive to that. Look around Athen for a Kodiak that is as large as a regular car, thats what they used to look like. Yalms used to be like 12' long and were awe inspiring.

Thats all I have to say for now. Impliment the 4 car/planes I mentioned above, shouldn't be too hard, and return the Kodiak and Yalm to there original size.
    Last edited by Fion; Oct 3rd, 2002 at 18:44:42.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

we need a space****....that would be awsome....yes it would....

I have a very simple suggestion.

Break the vehicles into pieces. By that I mean

1) Chassy type (Air, ground, water, 2 wheel, 4 wheel, ect.)
    2) Frame (pick from an assorted frames that would fit to those types of chassies)
    3) Engine (again, different engine types, based on the chassy you chose.)
    4) Wheels or wing's or hydro fiolds.
    5) Weapon add-ons based on the type of vehicle you chose. (ie. motorcycle could have 1 or 2 weapon slots, a air vehicle could have 5 or 6. Also having the weapon add-on's require so many weapon slots. ie, a Gat could require 1 slot, but a missile launcher would require 3)
    6) and finally, Color and decals. (always adds a nice finishing touch and truely make it your own.)

I personally think it would be completely awsome if this where possible. Even if you don't want to implement vehicular weapons, the rest would still rock and bring some diversity to transportation.

To Minx

That is a Puuurrrfect idea Minx.

Bump for more vehicles!

Vote here!! http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=55382
    "This town needs an enema!" The Joker, Jack Nicholson.

" I think I'll perplex him with my slowball" Bugs Bunny

Re: My 2 cents...

Originally posted by Prochyon
    MID - Replace the useless MID with a hoverbike. No flying capabilities, just a hover-effect. And make sure it goes fast, silent and over the friggin' lakes. Now THAT's a recon-vehichle.
    Kodiak - Make the Kodiak stop wobbling sideways. It looks like the driver is under the influence of something he/she shouldn't be under, while driving.
    APC's - Holds a full team. Slow, but heavilly armored.
    Yalm's - As is.. Could use some paint and a logo or something maybe.
    Carriers - Airborn vehichle that can carry a full team (Pilot can't paradrop from obvious reasons ofcourse).
    Totally bump for this. =)

Especially the Carrier thingy.. Double click the plane to get in.. and you get a yalm kind a like view from the plane.. and a button or something. So when you press that button you fall.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

and make Omnitek Gunships HAckable into Clan=)
    not that anyon would use it i guess since its a ground vehicle and pretty darn slow!!! but its a close guarded secret as the descprition says but if a clan engi gets a hold of one....then why shouldnt he she it be able to figure it out??? is it magic or what?

Wink Simcity ? Need for speed ?

I saw all the comments in the board about the vehicles.

If we do all these things AO will become Simcity .
    You know -> roads , traffic lights and so.

OR Need for speed !!!! Why not ? lolololol

No offense ok ?

I would like my yalm to have guns or to have TWO SEATS !!!!!!!

Nice idea e ???

I don't care about new vehicles because I don't like to give all
    the time 5 Mil or 10 Mil or whatever with every new patch that
    comes !!! )))

I better give them for implants. lol

The only thing that I want is to be able to cast when I am in my yalm. For example when I zone to heal to be able to heal my self and then go back ( fast procedure ) !!!

One more thing !!!!!
    It's not logical to have ground vehicles that are as fast as yalms.

Do you know any car in real life that is as fast as a plane ???
    Please don't tell me about rocket experimental cars and World War 1 planes ok ? lolololololo

Thank you very much for your time !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast