Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2 uniques in bank: exploit?

Yes, exploiters should be banned. No questions.

But is a person that gets a nano aid duped in a server crash an exploiter? Funcom stated to Demios that the item that got duped was unimportant. Well, would you spend your time duping firstaids and useless items if you were exploiting? Or does it more look like something that happened in a servercrash? It is legal to use your brain and common sense when looking at these issues.
    ~Lone

Thumbs up

Noer: Yes I agree entirely. Once I traded a pistol in a bag and the recipient said "wtf you gave me 20 guns".

I gave him one gun. Had I been banned for whatever the hell occurred during that trade I would not have been a happy bunny.

Originally posted by Schu

No we shouldn't, I concur with those sentiments. You exploit, you lose your right to play. Seems simple to me. However, someone in your organisation doesn't agree.

3 words:

Cloudeh
    Garzu
    Resta
    Schu, as you being 99.99% of the population, do you even know why, how, how much what when and fhnebw I did?

If not, you can come intro irc.funcom.com #anarchyonline , give me a tell and we can sit and talk for about 10 minutes describing to you everything in detail.
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Arrow

Cloudeh, I have nothing against you personally. We used to team up at Medusas way back in the day.

My reply was to Cz and his assertion that Funcom do not want exploiters playing their game.

The email you posted from Funcom accused you of exploiting. Your return to the forums said something like "Yeah Genevra let me play again, but not with that account".

I have no idea whether or not you exploited. I am not making a comment or judgement on your past behaviour, but on Funcom's. Do you see the difference?

Edit: btw, what is "fhnebw"
    Last edited by Schu; Sep 3rd, 2002 at 14:48:42.

Arrow

I doubt duping caused by server/network instabilities is something that can be prevented by any acceptable method (in terms of system resources). I guess safest thing to do if it happens is to delete the duplicates (think I'd transfer the one I wanted to keep to the bank and then save & zone first mind you...)

Simply having something get duped in a server crash certainly isn't exploiting. Making use of that duped item however would be. It doesn't matter what the item is, it would still technically be an exploit. There are degrees of severity of course...

Originally posted by Noer
    It is legal to use your brain and common sense when looking at these issues.
    I think everyone except Cz would agree to this on these forums.

I think all high lvls only are here cuz of our friends, what will we do when our friends leave..?
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Angry

Really just wanted to add my support...
    not really going say anything as most have been said, and dun wana mess stuff up more than they already are...

So just saying give Demios back to us, delete the uniques if u must, just give Demi back !

Duno if i speak for everyone, but who really cares about thoese stuff ? just dun wana loose a mate for FC's bad jugdement... ARF said to much already !

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    I think everyone except Cz would agree to this on these forums.
    Why would I disagree? You're seeming to want to make this personal again. Stop that, please.

Originally posted by Noer
    [B]But is a person that gets a nano aid duped in a server crash an exploiter? Funcom stated to Demios that the item that got duped was unimportant.
    It was an unimportant item? Hm, I need to get a copy of every single e-mail sent in this case, I guess...

{Edit: Nm, asked in IRC, and got the answer.}

Originally posted by Cz

Why would I disagree? You're seeming to want to make this personal again. Stop that, please.
    As i see it it was already personal, when you couldn't decide what to ban Demios for, FC has some kinda personal Vendetta against Demios, or TC for that matter... it's all i see, and i havn't been prooven wrong by anything said or done by FC...

And i know where this is leading, either alot of banned accounts or canceld, your choice in the end FC, how do you want it to end ?

BTW... Not saying your responsible, but you are FC's employe, you are our contact to FC, thats why u get all the flames...

Originally posted by Cz

I have nothing against you as a person Cz, but you are the only FC employee that post in this matter so when I direct anything to you, I direct it to FC.

You take all this time and answer many of our posts here, I really think that is great.

But what you don't seem to get is that FC have made a huge misstake (I don't expect you to admit it) and banned one of the nicest persons ingame, if Demios would have exploited, then I think she should have been banned, but what have happend is that she got an unimportant duped item, she probably got it with a server crash, I think everyone that have played for more than afew months have atleast 1 duped item and she also had more than 1 of an unique item in bank.

If you have an unique item on you, you can't trade or pickup another, but if you have it in bank, it's nothing that stop you to just open bank and put another in, how should she have known that she was exploiting by opening the bank to put another item in?

Unique item= can't use 2 at same time, store all but 1 in bank until you need to use another.
    That's the signal you have given us all the time, and now you suddenly decide to ban a person for doing what everyone have done for over 1 year, having more than 1 unique of same item in bank...

Can you tell us how we should have known that you can get banned for having 2 unique items in bank, when you(FC) didn't tell us until AFTER you banned a person for it?
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Originally posted by Tubia
    As i see it it was already personal, when you couldn't decide what to ban Demios for, FC has some kinda personal Vendetta against Demios, or TC for that matter... it's all i see, and i havn't been prooven wrong by anything said or done by FC...
    I'm gonna use a player term here, since I'm Community and not PR; That is completely BS.

We have nothing against Demios, or The Council. I personally respect both a lot. To assume we have anything against either is far fetched at the least.

And i know where this is leading, either alot of banned accounts or canceld, your choice in the end FC, how do you want it to end ?
    I go for option 3; Neither.

BTW... Not saying your responsible, but you are FC's employe, you are our contact to FC, thats why u get all the flames...
    I respectfully disagree. While I would have no trouble dealing with - and answering - a statement like "Funcom does not care", a statement like "Cz does not care" would be unneeded, unfounded and based on little else than frustration and the need to lash at somebody, guilty or not.

See my point?

I have nothing against you as a person Cz, but you are the only FC employee that post in this matter so when I direct anything to you, I direct it to FC.
    Ok, thanks.

Can you tell us how we should have known that you can get banned for having 2 unique items in bank, when you(FC) didn't tell us until AFTER you banned a person for it?
    You don't get banned for this. At least not for this by itself.

Proberly should stop posting now, don't want to see unnessaty people hurt... as I get very offensive when, the big companies don't want to listne to their customers... for christ sake, put it on a poll, to see how many people wants a person banned for something, in the long run thats how a it works in RL also. What we have here is dictatureship, maybe i'm just stupid, but I've had it, as you can see on my post count I dun post oftent, but in this case i feel that I have to, and also feel I'm getting to the conclusion, that FC ain't suposed to get more money from me...

BTW... guess I sploited today, got a bag handed to me containing an IQ ring, wich i didn't knew, I was wearing a ring ad the time, and could easily transfer it to the other char... Now am I up for ban to ?

Face it, you have to let it go sometimes, the comunity dosn't support you in anyway here... give it up !

You don't get banned for this. At least not for this by itself.
    But if I crash and have 100 First aid kits instead of 50 when I get back AND have more than 1 unique item in bank, I would get banned, right?
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

But if I crash and have 100 First aid kits instead of 50 when I get back AND have more than 1 unique item in bank, I would get banned, right?
    I don't know. E-mail the exploits team and ask. You're still drawing parallells to a specific case, which I can't comment on.

Originally posted by Cz

I don't know. E-mail the exploits team and ask. You're still drawing parallells to a specific case, which I can't comment on.
    Which is of course quite obvious as this is the case we know of and have seen how it is handled.
    ~Lone

Well, you guys have a number of issues to work through.

1) Main issue I see is that Cz edited the post at http://forums.anarchy-online.com/ann...s=&forumid=185 to the total opposite meaning of what he posted on Friday. I.e. "we will not ban people for having multiple uniques" to "oh yeah, we'll ban them if we see fit". Totally unprofessional and rediculous. Even today, your posts smell of another upcoming "policy change", i.e.:

You don't get banned for this [having 2 of the same unique in bank]. At least not for this by itself.
    2) Communication. Obviously you all have some serious problems communicating within your company due to the multiple changes in ban reason, and multiple policy changes on the situation in a matter of days (see #1).

3) The thought of a ban for a bug that has been in the game since unique items themselves is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard of. Over a YEAR has passed and the bug still isn't fixed, and all of the sudden out of the blue, you start BANNING people for it? OK, granted the reason for Demios' ban has probably changed by now (again), but that's besides the point here. This is a general issue and her case only serves to illustrate my point.

4) The "other" issue, banning people for duped items/bags. I have news for you. Stuff dupes all the time. Stuff also DISAPPEARS all the time. You don't see every person who has a bag disappear in a zone crash cancel their account; I sure as heck wouldn't think everyone who has a bag dupe in a zone crash would get banned.

5) Most importantly, I think you're going to realize what deep $@#^ you're in, because all I hear from high level people is "the reason I stay in this game is because of friends, not because of the game itself". You all have some major problems if indeed that is true.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Originally posted by Arinia
    1) Main issue I see is that Cz edited the post at http://forums.anarchy-online.com/ann...s=&forumid=185 to the total opposite meaning of what he posted on Friday. I.e. "we will not ban people for having multiple uniques" to "oh yeah, we'll ban them if we see fit". Totally unprofessional and rediculous.
    I'll take that one on my own shoulders. I based that announcement on what info I had, and later got told that extreme cases would be a different matter.

However, I never said "oh yeah, we'll ban them if we see fit", but I guess you mean to show what you feel it sounds like.

Okay I am going to TRY my hardest and make this my last post. From what I have read lately there was more than just the stated reason for the banning of this person. And now know that the reasons (other than the mentioned) are not allowed to be discussed or mentioned for legal reason. This I respect and know a good deal about but won't go further into it than that. Hell it's like news reporters at a news conference with Donald Rumsfeld asking What are the next targets and when are you going to attack and what locatins and how many troops do you have and where exactly are they and can I go there and count them.....NO DAMNIT I am not going to give you that info as it would VIOLATE security !

What I have also seen is Cz trying hard to be answer all questions in regards to this matter, but still the attacks directed towards him are becoming direct attacks on him (it seems), and that is not constructive nor is it helpful.

We all get frustrated at times and sometimes say things in the wrong way, but trolling a board and posting the same stuff over and over again only to keep picking at a wound that is trying to heal is going to make the situation worse in the long run.

Cz thank you for answering to all of these questions, But I do seriously hope that we can get a further detailed infomation posted and notice given to players as to the full definition of the unique items and also say maybe if some kind of inventory button could be added to the bank window that would show you when you pressed on it what all items were in your bank and the flags on them (Unique, No Drop, Special...etc) and that way it would help people to not only keep track of their items and find items faster, but also help them also recongize an item or instance that shouldn't be like 2 unique items of the same kind.

Zeronx

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast