Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2 uniques in bank: exploit?

Exclamation 2 uniques in bank: exploit?

i just noticed that i can put 2 uniques in my bank at the same time, i dont wanna get banned, so im just askin if this is an exploit or not? an answer would be really appreciated

thanks

edit: if it is a bug, but not considered an exploit, is this bug going to be fixed? or is it supposed to be like this? id hate to see a bunch of unique items dissapear one day :O
    Last edited by xqiksilve; Aug 29th, 2002 at 06:47:46.

It's probably not an exploit. Sometimes, FunCom adds the Unique tag to an item after it's already been in the game for a while. So, you could have legally gotten the two items in the bank back then. Of course, if you take one out now, you won't be able to put it back while the other's still there.

For instance, there are some people walking around wearing 2 IQ rings. It was legal when they put them on, so it's not an exploit.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

As far as I know, you can put as many 'Unique' items as you want in the Bank.

It's getting many of these same items out of the Bank that's hard .

For example, I had a lot of those "Cloaking Devices" ( http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=84160&t=ag ) in my Bank, and it was a pain to get them out to sell them... (O Trade helped).

does anyone know if there are any plants to fix this? i dont want some of my uniques to disappear if so. and if it is fixed, will the second unique be deleted?

also, could an ARK or someone part of FC answer to this? some people have told me its bannable too :O ...

It is not intended that you are able to own more than one Unique of the same type. This is a bug in the current code that will be fixed. It is not decided yet what will happen if you have several such items when the fix comes, but we will give proper notice of this before the change happens.

We will not ban people for owning two of the same Unique item. I would suggest you do not wear / wield two of the same Unique item though.

I will make an announcement here on the bulletin board on this right now, as it has caused some unrest among players in the game.

How about cloaking devices I've had in my bank like forever and suddenly made unique?

How about reflect bracers that are made unique in 14.5?

How about armor that are loosing its unique tag in 14.5?

Im sure the list goes on...

Maybe you should fix your code first and then blame people later? Your whole unique-code is bugged beyond reason and has always been. Banning people left and right because of that is simply stupid.
    Last edited by LoneWolf; Aug 30th, 2002 at 20:31:02.
    ~Lone

Removed a couple of posts. If you want to discuss specific cases, feel free to send me an e-mail. The bulletin board is not the channel for account discussions.

Note, however, that I do not discuss details of cases with anybody but the owner of the account in question. Legal matters. I'm sure you can understand that.

Noer, I'm pretty sure the list stops there, or at max have a couple of more points. You make it sound like it's never-ending.

I will look into those issues on Monday. Not before. In the meantime, please let me have an easy weekend, by keeping this issue off the bulletin board. It is not the proper channel for it, and I will do what I can to provide you all with info on this, on Monday.

Thank you.

Have a nice and calm weekend, everybody.

You going to delete all post that telling the truth Cz?
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon
    You going to delete all post that telling the truth Cz?
    No, I'm gonna delete posts, and ban people, calling me a liar when I tell the truth.

If you have a problem with that, please say so.

We will not ban people for owning two of the same Unique item. I would suggest you do not wear / wield two of the same Unique item though.
    So we are to interpretate that as you are not going to ban people due to this in the future?
    ~Lone

Noer, that is a very correct interpretation.

However, I might add to that interpretation that I in no way stated that previous cases on this issue will remain as is today.

That is vague enough for me to post it. I hope it's clear enough for you - as a guild leader and friend - to understand it.

{Edited for bad English.}

That was the answer I was looking for.

Have a nice weekend Cz.
    ~Lone

Thank you, Noer. You have a nice weekend too (and the rest of you too, of course).

Originally posted by Cz

No, I'm gonna delete posts, and ban people, calling me a liar when I tell the truth.

If you have a problem with that, please say so.
    Well, I actually have a problem with that you ban people for the exact same thing you say that you won't ban people for.

(with you I mean FC ofcourse, not Cz)
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Azzazzimon, see my answer for Noer, please. Have a nice weekend.

Originally posted by Cz
    Azzazzimon, see my answer for Noer, please. Have a nice weekend.
    You too Cz
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Well I wondered about this when I took off an IQ ring to use a signet for a buff, and then could not put the IQ ring back on. I am sure I have a few of the same items (albeit different quality levels) in my bank. Cloaks for instance, as I have gradually upgraded and stuck the old on in the bank till someone needs it.

Cz, et. al.: I have no one to blame for my own ignorance here if this has ALWAYS been a rule, and was posted, and I will still accept SOME responsility if there was no check in the game itself to prevent it (I doubt this). I know I have more than one Cloak in my bank, and prolly 2 on me since I just upgraded again. I do the same with damage bracers, I mean I cannot trade or self the old ones anyway. I also don't mind that much if it was just recently made a rule IF:

1) You give those of us who hardly ever read patchnotes and forums a chance to be either "Grandfathered in" or

2)give us a while to get our stuff out of there, please . Thank you. I need me a link where I needed to be reading...sigh
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

Ban Cat, she is sploiting.

And while you are at it, ban everybody in AO, they are all sploiting.

Wink

Well as Cz said, adequate notice will be given, so when is this "notice" coming? *grins*
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast