Thread: Bottom Line

Angry Bottom Line

I want to play this game and have fun, but being a NT it is VERY hard for me to have fun when all people want me for is a HE or maybe to calm. PLEASE give us some love all I want to do is enter the arena and have people not laugh

All I want to do is have some fun

Re: Bottom Line

Originally posted by killerman
    I want to play this game and have fun, but being a NT it is VERY hard for me to have fun when all people want me for is a HE or maybe to calm. PLEASE give us some love all I want to do is enter the arena and have people not laugh

If that is the only reason why people want you, then you must be doing something wrong. An NT played properly can be one of the most *consistently* damaging professions in the game

Who's that PvP player? You know, that 200 guy that's the only one on RK to have the title "Experienced"? What's his name? Gunnandahalf? He must not be an NT, because you say they suck. He's probably a Trader/MA/Enforcer/Soldier or something like that.

Its just possible that there are classes that are very viable at higher levels but are just harder to play.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

NTs arent gimped that badly in pvp they can root, they can shoot, they can nuke (low HP isnt a problem since you can get alot of HP buffs/items) all and all nukes even though they dont crit still have more constant dmg then guns beams etc...

I do Beleive that 200 NT on RK1 got one huge start with the RELEASE and was also part of BETA.

Just my guess.

Id also guess he moved along fast before the BLACKHOLES and FUMBLES nerf around like patch 12.0 or just before.

Just another Guess.

NTs are not the DAMAGE dealers they once were. One of their highest Damage Progs got nerfed about the same time the Fumbles Incompletes and BlackHoles appeared to be 50% of what he cast.

My two cents worth and its not really worth two cents. If you dont believe me just look at the arguements people will follow it with.

Originally posted by Clairedanes
    Who's that PvP player? You know, that 200 guy that's the only one on RK to have the title "Experienced"? What's his name? Gunnandahalf? He must not be an NT, because you say they suck. He's probably a Trader/MA/Enforcer/Soldier or something like that.
    Ok Gunnandahalf is far from the average NT. He is lvl 200 and has everything, Gaily painted hood, etc...

Everery "Average" class sux, the idea is not to be average, if everyone was average we would all be walking about with weapons and armour our own level. And if you go into pvp then you certineally cannot be average otherwise you will be destroyed. But i do think nts seem to be getting it hard at lower levels, ive fought quite a few of them that are loads of levels above me and completley destroyed em, it appears that after 50% dmg the best way to do well in pvp is to either have loads of hp or to be able to heal

Originally posted by Whiteboog
    Everery "Average" class sux, the idea is not to be average, if everyone was average we would all be walking about with weapons and armour our own level. And if you go into pvp then you certineally cannot be average otherwise you will be destroyed. But i do think nts seem to be getting it hard at lower levels, ive fought quite a few of them that are loads of levels above me and completley destroyed em, it appears that after 50% dmg the best way to do well in pvp is to either have loads of hp or to be able to heal
    50% damage cap, 100% normal nano costs...well, anyone notice whats wrong with this PvP picture? And Nano shutdowns? NTs in PvP have to get some sorta uber gun with all yer uber loot to not get owned.

Most "Average" classes do well. An 'average enforcer' can just jolly about, throw on any armor for best AC, and then hit 'q' and let the good times roll. Most of the good NTs I know form aruond the forums are some of the best, yet they have to we have to try hard to be on par with average of mostly any other classes. But, if you wanna know someone gimped in PvP, its the darned Engineers. Poor, poor, Pedro...
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Originally posted by Clairedanes
    I was gonna say something similiar.

Gunn roxxors your boxxors at pvp.

But oh wait...he must be a gimp...he's an NT!

Not.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Originally posted by Cyblade7

I was gonna say something similiar.

Gunn roxxors your boxxors at pvp.

But oh wait...he must be a gimp...he's an NT!

Not.

He doesnt rock everyoen just the people he picks

Post Gunn and pvp for NT's

Lol funny to see people think NT's are good 'cause of Gunn...

I know Gunn rocks but come on ... a couple of reasons why Gunn *will* "roxx0r j00r box0rs" (or whatever it's called in l337 speak):

1) He's freakin' level 200
    2) Gaily Painted Hood (+9 to all nano-skills, -15% nano-cost)
    3) Nullity Sphere Mark II
    4) Title 6 bracers (very good set)
    5) He's *SOLITUS* (around 800 more hp than a lvl 200 nanomage NT and face it most NT's are still nano-gimps)

Now I presume most of you guys pvp a bit so you'll know who Caol is, he's pretty tough 1on1 (very complete bracer set) I'd guess you guys can agree? ... I've personally seen Gunn kick his behind pretty damn hard, Caol was 170'ish, Gunn 200 with said advantages... smart use of NSII, a good alpha and then a second one (melee) and Gunn had Caol at 10% hp or so before caol zoned, still gunn was at 50% hp himself ... and Gunn is without a doubt (IMO at least) FAAAAAR from what ANYONE can expect from an NT.

I know my NT wouldn't last 30 sec vs caol for a number of reasons:

1) "only" lvl 174
    2) nanomage
    3) "only" Nullity Sphere Mark I
    4) No good melee bracers

As a matter of fact it's 100% *impossible* for me to kill Caol with the current rules (might be possible after bracer nerf, will have to test) due to a couple of other reasons:

1) Caol's an enf and has around 10k selfbuffed hp
    2) Damage shield (with Coruscating Screen and Infernal Rage 60+95 he's got 155 point damage for each shot I do on him before reflect damage)
    3) My total selfbuffed hp is 5200'ish (maxed stam and body dev(duh), full set of MKII, ql200 imps, 2x Virral eggs and 1k board)
    4) 34 (5200/155=33.5) shots is all it takes for a 160+ enfo to kill me on damage shield alone and they got weapons as well y'know

I've actually tried with a lvl 170'ish enfo just to "kill" him (selfbuffed) without him hitting back, only thing he did was rage, refresh layers and mongo and use nano-stims, and I couldn't kill him before I ran out of nano and/or died myself, as a matter of fact he'd be around 70% hp when I died (3 pauses for ME only to sit down and recharge nano), this without RRF and bracers :P

I know this doesn't really mean much since this is a narrow comparison with NT against enfo, but it's still pretty indicative of the huge impact nano-cost and "heals" has on PvP for an NT.

Now I won't say that we can't pvp, since quite obviously we can it's just a matter of "picking smart fights" if in the arena (personally I've got rookie this way without ganking), and well for "mass pvp" just try to stay alive and hang back a bit. But considering the very weak defenses (evades), low hp, and laughable attack rating we do tend to get the rough end of the stick more often than not in my experience.

Summary: Would you say it's reasonable to say NT's don't suck based on the INSANE amounts of stuff you'd need to be good (like Gunn)? I mean, Nullity freakin' Sphere Mark II sells for what now 500mil+? Gaily Painted freakin' Hood come on ... breed change to solitus for all nanogimps that want it (me for one)? ... Considering bracers will change next patch I ain't gonna say nothing about those yet. Oh and while we're at it why not bump all NT's that want to be decent in PvP up to title 6? :P

My point is just that saying that NT's don't need help (BAD IMO) 'cause gunn rocks isn't entirely fair.

Originally posted by GreyBear
    I along fast before the BLACKHOLES and FUMBLES nerf around like patch 12.0 or just before.
    not really worth two cents. If you dont believe me just look at the arguements people will follow it with.
    The level 200 experianced NT on RK1 is a ganker and a title farmer.

He kills his titled buddies over and over againe in 0% zones to get his title.

Re: Bottom Line

Originally posted by killerman
    </FORUM VACATION>

And I have the feeling that you're not the only one.

<FORUM VACATION>

Originally posted by Xira

The level 200 experianced NT on RK1 is a ganker and a title farmer.

He kills his titled buddies over and over againe in 0% zones to get his title.
    I have no idea if gunn is or isnt a title farmer, but that is not the point of this post. The point is as of now NT's need everything on them to be as uber as it can be to stand a chance in PVP and this just isnt fun at all.

I know some of you might be thinking "why nto just quit?". Well I like NT's! Even though we are weak as hell (WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A COMBAT CLASS) I have fun playing a NT it takes a bit of skill to be good with one.

Id like to add a Quote from your Top Man, the one you PRAISE and WORSHIP.

I have to agree, we suck! gimme something good! not likely tho hey...

Guess who said that?

Gunandahalf
    Soleet

February 28th, 2002 21:12:01

If the guy you are saying is SO LEET why would he put his prof down? Get A Clue, the Prof has alot of Problem, he has found a WAY or WAYS to get around them.

Side Note: PvP or PvM

POLL:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=46138

Go vote if you havent already, Please.
    Last edited by GreyBear; Aug 30th, 2002 at 06:42:46.

Interesting excuses here. What else you NT's have? How's this, "MA's suck because if we get rooted we die." Now do you believe MA's suck? Nah, of course not. You just need to be creative. Saying Gunn is above average because he's 200 is rediculous, because every profession can become lvl 200. Saying he is UBER because he has bracers/hood/solitus/this&that is nonsense because every race/prof can get or be these things. Sorry but being an MA I wouldn't fight an NT. Just crown of frost me and finish me off with an Alpha Strike and a nuke or 2 while I'm rooted. I don't buy your bull for a second. Stop being lazy and start playing the game.

You should all listen to a person that has SEVERAL accounts of their own, she knows.

First head out and pay for another acoount or two or three. Then Twink your other characters and buff yourself. No more need to be a GIMP cause youll have all the proggies of the profs at your disposal at all times.

Become PowerPlayers spend alot of money getting what you want.

And If memory recalls, dont MAs just cast a Debuff on themselves to break root? Pistol Incompetence?
    Last edited by GreyBear; Aug 31st, 2002 at 07:15:21.

Hehe, Gunn is my RL Brother for those who didnt know. He is certainly the one who says "We need a patch - We cannot beat *anyone* in a 1v1 encounter - We just suck"

The fact that he is Experienced just highlights that he does very well with what he has to work with.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

NTs - imo - should be "dangerous". Don't misunderstand... I said "dangerous" not "uber". Meaning, if you don't get the jump on us quickly, you're going to die and die fast. To balance that, if we don't stay on alert at all times, WE die quickly (we've already got that part down, I believe).

I'm sorry, I believe "best consistant damage over time" isn't what is needed - nor what was given in our class description - to balance our weak defences and crap hp (especially nanomages). We should be able to deal massive amounts of damage over a short period of time in order to drop our opponent quickly. This would also help alleviate the problem of having our nanopool drying up halfway through a fight.

I'm sorry, but I just get the feeling that quite a few of the PvPers out there like having a class that they can beat hands down 90% of the time one on one. It should be like this:

"There is an NT... be careful."

... not...

"There is an NT. Yippee! I'm only one kill away from Apprentice!"