Thread: Question about installing Booster then giving it to a friend

Question about installing Booster then giving it to a friend

Now here is what I do not understand... The booster has a second CD key, right? But you can apply the booster to your current account.

But as I understand it, if you use the booster on your current account, you can then give the other CD key to a friend, right?

Another way of asking the same question: If I had three acounts, would I need three copies of the booster pack?

Squick
    DrSquick - 134 Doc
    BloodSquick - 104 agent
    BrainSquick - 59 Crat
    Others: 42 NT, 27 MA, 14 Eng, 30 Enf

Hmm... In the QA there is:
    Q: Do I need one booster pack for each of my accounts?
    A: Yes.
    But then what is the point of having a second CD key in the booster pack if the CD key is somehow associated with your current CD key/account?

Squick
    DrSquick - 134 Doc
    BloodSquick - 104 agent
    BrainSquick - 59 Crat
    Others: 42 NT, 27 MA, 14 Eng, 30 Enf

Good question!!!

Originally posted by Squick
    Hmm... In the QA there is:

But then what is the point of having a second CD key in the booster pack if the CD key is somehow associated with your current CD key/account?

Squick
    Have been wondering the same!!!!

Originally posted by Squick
    In case you don't have a current account.

Arrow

A) Basically, the booster pack isn't and add-on. Its a new version of the game.

OR

B) Buy the add-on, get an updated client CD and an extra account key totally free!

OR

C) We wan't toput the game back on store shelves, so to save costs, we're bundling the game with the booster pack.

Personally, I think C is the most likely reason...

I think what CZ means is that if you are a new customer, you can get both the Booster Pack and a full copy of AO in the same box.

Arrow

ie option C

Still don't see why we can't get a download with just the booster key for say the same as a months subscription...

SImple, you buy the booster pack, you register and install your booster pack, you don t want game, you give it to a friend who gets a free months, but he doesn t have the booster pack, cause you installed it, so he buys a copy and gives his new account to a friend, then the cycle repeats.

Brilliant try FC!