Thread: IRRK: Omni-Pol Raids Slums in Omni-1 – Gun Fight Ensures

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Omni-Pol Raids Slums in Omni-1 – Gun Fight Ensures

Omni-Pol Raids Slums in Omni-1 – Gun Fight Ensures
    January 16, 29481 - [Global]

IRRK - At 20:33 RST today, several Omni-Pol Sweeper teams raided several locations within Omni-1 Entertainment. Our sources claim that Ivan Sergevich, Director of Omni-Pol, was involved directly in this action, but this has yet to be confirmed.

The purpose of these raids would appear to be an effort to confiscate drugs and illegal weaponry. However, Omni-Pol met fierce resistance from the criminals, leading this reporter to suspect that something else is going on. At least 9 criminals were killed, and several more wounded. Omni-Pol suffered a single lightly wounded soldier. A few witnesses claim to have seen several people, dressed in full red armour, in and around the slums, but these were quickly gunned down, as they opened fire without hesitation.

The fact that Omni-Pol only had one slightly wounded soldier could be due to the fact that Omni-Pol used heavily armed sweeper teams, and not regular Omni-Pol soldiers. The red-armoured criminals, may have been affiliated with the Red Freedom faction, a rogue clan, bent on senseless destruction and killing of innocents.. Or so the rumours say. What was the true purpose for these raids? What was the hidden agenda?

IRRK will follow up on this issue as it develops.

As usual, an excellent job by the finest department of Omni-Tek!
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Let's see...first coppers attacked West Athens and now Ivan leads force into Omni-1?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

I suppose that everyone who wears red armor is now affiliated with Red Freedom. It's the group of the month to point the finger at.

I feel sorry for Clan enforcers everywhere wearing T3... *chuckles*

Or that poor newcommer buying a set of heated plasteel...
    Point Blank

or Sentinels or the dusters (reddish brown).

Think of how many metaphysicists in their faithful armor die because they are mistaken for aliens!

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post

Think of how many metaphysicists in their faithful armor die because they are mistaken for aliens!
    *tries hard to contain a laugh* Poor poor MP's

I would think that Omni-pol has a penchant for tactics that arent unlike being a bull in an arena.

Oh look RED!! OPEN FIRE!!

Imagine what it must be like for some poor sucker who was wearing a red t-shirt that day. tsk tsk.

Another flash in the pan for Omni-Pol. Good job.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    The fact that Omni-Pol only had one slightly wounded soldier could be due to the fact that Omni-Pol used heavily armed sweeper teams, and not regular Omni-Pol soldiers.
    hmmm

The fact that Omni-Pol only had one slightly wounded soldier could be due to the fact that they caught some poor newcomer right off the island..
    /fixed

Is that the best you got, clanners?

The truth is this raid was executed brilliantly against a highly dangerous group of people who are stirring up trouble all over Rubi-Ka.

Omni-Pol officers are doing a tough job. There is so much misdirected people and aimlessness outside the areas of direct Omni-Tek influence. This 'culture' also eats into sometimes honest citizens and it is in this culture that our officers are asked to do their job. They are asked to keep order and they are asked to protect lives in what can be called 'a culture of death'.

Our officers take pride in their work. The pride comes to each one through the work they do. A cop sees the kids crowd around, girls smile and the elderly come outside on a beautiful day, because they feel safe. It does not matter to single officer whether there is mockery from hoodlums who hide in the dark, lack of support in the public media or if you get fired at.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

A few witnesses claim to have seen several people, dressed in full red armour, in and around the slums, but these were quickly gunned down, as they opened fire without hesitation.
    I wouldn't mind getting some clarification on this section. I read this as the people dressed in full red armour opened fire on Omni-Pol without hesitation, and so they were quickly gunned down by the Omni-Pol sweeper teams. Apparently others are reading this as Omni-Pol saw several people dressed in full red armor, so they gunned them down. Obviously, I know Clan would read it in whatever way seems beneficial to their cause... but the official explanation by Omni-Pol would be much appreciated.
    Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang ((Rimor))
    Roleplaying Profile of Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang
    The story continues: "Live by the Sword..."

Then I say release better media coverage. Whether its the incompetance of your own people, or the coverage you have.. Omni-pol paints a pretty picture for themselves through action or lack thereof.

Don't soak up the glory of an action if the tale that is told is untrue. That just means your dealing in lies, and proud of them to boot.

So yeah, keep being impressive. You can be sure that some of us are getting a real nice laugh out of it.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...