Thread: IRRK: Authorities report assault on Legion stronghold

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Authorities report assault on Legion stronghold

Authorities report assault on Legion stronghold
    January 15, 29481 - [Rimor]

IRRK - Last Sunday, a combined force from the major factions of Rubi-Ka, organised by forces acting for the city of Newland, successfully stormed the main Rubi-Ka headquarters of the infamous terrorist organisation known as "The Legion".

Known for their Genocidal hatred of non-Nanomage races and for their frequent attacks on military and civilian targets alike. On all sides of the conflict the Legion have committed multiple atrocities in the name of their "God", in a campaign of fear and violence.

On Sunday, using technology reverse engineered from the Legion's own teleportation systems, the allied force was able to penetrate their Rubi-Ka facility and overpower the remaining Legion forces. Their leader was revealed during the attack to be one Noraxu Nofsinger, who had been using his true identity as a cover under which to gather intelligence on the activities of forces working against the Legion, in order to remain one step ahead of attempts to thwart his plans. This time, however, his intelligence failed and Noraxu himself was killed in the attack. Authorities have confirmed that no insurance pattern existed on file for him, and it is speculated his own distrust of the insurance system, or a genuine belief in his divinity, may have been the reason for this.

Attempts to retreive data from the Legion's computer systems and the technology found within the laboratories of the complex, much of it apparently reverse engineered from Alien specimens, were thwarted when a self-destruct device was triggered. A virus destroying all the computer data and the facility itself being wiped out in an explosion detected by the satellite imaging abilities of a Goliath battlestation in geosynchronous orbit above Artery valley.

With this victory it is believed that the forces of the Legion have been utterly eradicated, and they no longer pose a threat to the people of Rubi-Ka.

I'm so glad all this is over....Just....just....*deep, relieved sigh*....I can hardly believe it...
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

You did a good job. Everyone did.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!