Thread: Sort of there and back again

Sort of there and back again

Traveling through Athens shire, Frodoo realized that the shire had changed. Had there always been virulent mini-bulls here, he wondered. I’ve been changed too, he thought. Ever since Dilbo gave me his precious IP ring, “I feel diminished stretched thin.”

“Running everywhere sucks,” Frodoo whined. His Uncle Dilbo had become rich by killing the fearsome Dragon Taraesque, yet had never bought him a Yalmaha. “That cheap old bugger,” he thought. “What good is being an adopted heir when I don’t have a Yalm?”

“My bleeding feet,” wailed Frodoo. “If only I could find a nice pair of boots to fit over all this fur.” Frodoo sat down underneath the shade of a mutated tree and used a med-kit to heal his aching feet. “I must reach Tir and present myself before the Council of Truth, he thought. Radiman will know what to do with this ring. He is old and wise, and somewhat spaced out. I hear that he plays a mean game of chess too.”

I wish I had some companions on this journey, thought Frodoo. At that exact moment a furry little leet jumped out of its hiding place in the underbrush. “Oooh a leet,” cried Frodoo. “You are so cute. Hello little friend.” Menacingly, the leet stood up on its tiny hind legs and warbled “prepare to die unwashed Clanner." Frodoo ran away.

The rumbling in the distance chilled Frodoo to his marrow. The ring was attached to his NCU belt by a sturdy chain and felt heavy. Frodoo wondered whether his runspeed had somehow been debuffed. He could barely move. I must hide, he thought “Something wicked this way comes,” and whatever it is, I know that it searches for the ring…

/me starts to roll down a hill laughing.

MORE PLEASE!
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Actually pretty damn good!!!!!

/Ghump
    Ghump - a member of Ragnarok

My hovercraft is full of eels

Talking If you don't mind...

Just adding my own 2c

In a hole in the ground lived a clanner. Not a nasty, dirty wet hole full of worms and mud. It was a dry, sandy hole with nothing to sit down on or to eat.

It was a clanner hole, and that means discomfort.

One bright summers morning the Clanner was sitting outside wishing he had some tobacco. Or some soap. He was watching the rocket contrails as they drifted into the sky when along came Henry.

Henry! Everyone has heard tales of Henry Radiman...

Okay, I'm going to stop now.
    Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita

Unofficial alternate story...

Far off in the didstance was a machine gun mounted Yalmaha.

"I see you have the ring!? Gogurt has taught you well, and I see your schwartz is as big as mine! But if I must then I must... put er there mate"

*extends his hand is a sign of respect an o show his good intentions of giving a fair fight.*

"Why you little!? You stole my ring you harry footed freak come back here!?"

*watches as the harry footed heathen runs away with both rings now... when off in the distance the familiar helicopter sound of Airwolf*

"Uh oh! StinkiPete!? I am outta here, I'll get that harry footed heathen later!"

Okay, so now it's time to call MegaMaid and clean all the mess in here before the story goes on
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

The rumbling noise grew and grew. Frodoo crawled into the underbrush to hide. What can be making that ruckus he wondered? Frodoo peered out from his hiding place and saw a mob approaching. A large group of men were marching down the road. What type of devilry is this thought Frodoo? They must be after the IP ring. Frodoo saw that the crowd was carrying a small figure upon their shoulders. The little person was dressed in armor and wore a strange helmet with a facemask. The chanting reached a crescendo. Frodoo realized that the mob was shouting a name. Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!

Rudy jumped down from the shoulders of his fans, and ran towards Frodoo. “Mr. Frodoo, Mr.Frodoo! Did you see the game? It was awesome! The coach put me in on the last play. It was a meaningless gesture, but I made a tackle! Bless his heart my dear old dad was there to see it, and the crowd carried me off the field.”

“My boy,” said Frodoo, as he suggestively embraced Rudy “I always knew that you had it in you. There’s more to you then meets the eye.” “That’s right Mr. Frodoo,” said Rudy. “As my old gaffer used to say, there’s no I in team.”

“Mr. Frodoo, I’m coming with you.” “Rudy that’s ridiculous”, said Frodo. “You don’t even have a Yalm.” “Neither do you”, replied Rudy. “Well that’s true, but you see, where I am going will be fraught with peril and there may be no insurance terminals.” “I know that Mr. Frodoo, but Gandolfo told me not to let you out of my sights – and I’m sticking to you like nano paste”

“Can I see the IP ring Mr. Frodoo,” asked Rudy. “Rudy my boy, the ring is a great weight upon me. I feel diminished stretched thin. What I need right now is some good stim – got any?” “Sure Mr. Frodoo, I’m a stim dealer. It was the only way for me to keep from getting cut by Notre Dame. I kept the players buffed if you know what I mean.” “Rudy my boy, you are a lifesaver,” replied Frodoo. “Mr. Frodoo can I touch the IP ring,” asked Rudy. “So you want to touch my precious…?