Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What areas do you want to control?

2ho of course! I'm sick of the guards and Seasoned OT's attacking my low level character.

How come you get a cool avatar and I can't make my own?

As a citizen of omni1 Id like to landcontrol Tir =P
    Come out with your pants down!

Red face Lush OP

Lush OP.

I would 24 hours a day sit there with a twink killing all the little 40-60s that hunt around there. That would be bliss!
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

I think that there should be some specially designed outposts for people to takeover so it doesn't interfere with existing outdoor camps.

The area around the outpost should be 25% or 0% so that they arnt just in zones that are already at those suppresion gas levels.

Maybe the lower lvl ones could be in omni forest, lush fields, newland desert, etc and the higher ones could be in mort, efp, broken shores, and so on.
    Fyrestarter
    lvl 182 doc rk1
    Every ding a doctor gets above 150 will be punished with a smaller range of people to heal, with the same healnanos

Post .

Some towers should be near camps, since in 14.5, the patch notes said like some 300 more camps are going to be introduced, its not a very big problem to have like 50 of them towerable, not only would it make theose areas more worthwhile and useful to have a tower, it would also help the player base in general ( although if the tower does alter the supression gas, it might be a bad thing, who knows )

One of the more specific areas that i would like to see controlable, though, would be areas around big mobs like tarasque, so therefore, it would add even more fun/meaning to get that loot/place, uber guilds will fight even more fiercely for the looting rights, battles will be bigger, etc etc. ( Sure, some people might say it would screw up the game and make camping even worse, well, join an org alrdy! Have you seen how successful total PvP games have been? such as shadowbane and PvP servers for DAoC, it would only improve socialization amongst the people, which in turn will help MMORPGs like this one stay on longer, instead of get to 200, and then retire )

Also with the introduction of towers, I would also like to see more combat-orientated vehicles that either go into the HUD1 or the back slot. ( So maybe we can actually remake that scene in the intro movie rather than finding out later that the intro was just all a lie ) It would be very nice to actually see that futureistic warfare involves advanced vehicles rather than the stoneage tactics of sending a bunch of guys at that other bunch of guys.

I think i'll conquer Rome Highrise 4.

Start small i always say...
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

I Own the little bed/bathroom in my apartment! muahahaha I am KING there!
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Exclamation Keep it sane!

Land holding should be in remote areas where it doesn't disturb players who don't want to participate in the broken PvP system.

In other words please keep it away from the most common mission areas, unique mobs, special monsters to hunt, dungeons. I'm a clan leader, but I don't think that my clan's fun should be at the expense of the casual player.

Some good regionss are:
    The ones which are already PvP:
    Newland Desert, Stret, Artery Valley, Perpetual Wastelands

Wailing Wastes, Varmint Woods, Greater Omni Forest could also all be good as well. They've got remote regions which mini-fortresses in them already and areas with no unique monsters around them to camp other players out of.

If they are unique I hope there will be some kind of warping or summoning ability to the org bases. We're not going to want to lose our base because we decided to actually do a mission or the only defenders stationed there got bored and logged off.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

What's the point in fighting over land no one wants?

Kyleb: the fighting is reason enough for most PvPers.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Kuroshio
    Oh and if you let me place a controller in Kuroshio Forest, I'll even consider going clan
    LOL.

Well, it would be your obligation to control it on the behalf of Omni-Tek now, wouldn't it?

I'd like to see the controlable areas be what are currently the mass of worthless--yet interesting--outposts, camps, and various other locations scattered about.

There are plenty of areas that would make great bases, yet they are overrun with monsters (making it impossible as an org base since low-levels may not be able to come there at all), have zero amenities, and are generally quite isolated.

Being able to "claim" these bases would be very fun for RP purposes, and heaven knows there are plenty of them out there. (And quite a few that, AFAIK, aren't mission targets.)

I guess missions cause an issue with this, though...since a lot of the places that people would like to control are likely mission targets. This would add to some of the adventure of missions, but if the target is camped by an uber base, it would just be suicide to consider a mission there.

So, not sure what the balance should be on this...I think it's going to be very hard to find areas with all three critera:
    1) Not a traveling route
    2) Not a possible mission target
    3) Worth holding (e.g. INTERESTING)

-Jayde

Post .

Will there be a cap as to how much land a certain org can control, or maybe a cap to how much behefit that org can get from all the land the org controls?

I would guess that an org can control quite a bit of land.

But - the more land controlled, the greater the area the defenses have to cover. In other words, control large areas with weak defenses, or small areas that will be guarded like fortresses.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Post .

The problem is, if larger orgs did get a lot of land and held them for sometime, eventually other guildless high level players, or the other high level players from less active/weaker guilds might turn and join this org which is already pretty powerful. SO in the end, the org will grow bigger and bigger, like microsoft

I got a question or 2.

1. Will there be advantages to having certian classes in you'r guild as far as towers go? (ie. 1 tower per guild member, and those towers are class specific. Soldiers allow for placement of primary defensive cannons Docs provide healing attributes to the towers etc.)

2. Will holding land in certian areas provide better bennifits. (ie holding land in a more heavily used area, or notum rich area would provide +7% exp bonus instead of +2% from a less heavily used or notum rich area) This would facilitate attacks between sides to hold certian areas, wile leaving some of the less popular land to the lower level orgs for smaller bonuses.

3. Also, Im a bit confused. Will there be 1 tower per guild member, or 1 tower per guild which increases in ql per guild member and if this is the case will class specific attributes be applied to the tower per guild member of a certian profession?

I plan to make 2ho my playground...err if i can put a tower there that is.
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

Fore roleplayiing Purposes, I want my territory to be in the Forest in Athen Shire, between West Athen and the Clan War Academy(my guild's current Base)

my question is this. will these towers be just that, nothing but towers, or will this constitute an actual Base for guilds?

you know like the Guild House that has been suggested over and over again.
    -------------
    Myles "Tahrus" Barchus
    CEO Freedom News Networks Inc., RK2
    Bureaucrat, Media Mogul, and all-around good guy!

Go see the picture at AO-Basher.

Seems people are a little confused about all this.

This whole thing is little more than 'capture the flag'.

It's not guild housing. You aren't setting up a base. The towers are essentially 'MOB's' that you can fight and fight back. Some others might buff you like friendly MOB"s might do.

Think of them as those plant monsters. Direseeds, Parspalum's, etc. that your guild can put on the ground. While they sit there, they give bonuses to your guild members. Enemies can attack them for a couple hours every day.

I personally think this is PvP done right. As long as you don't have to put up a tower to remain competitive, this simply offers a way to signal to other people that your guild is open to the idea of PvP. They can now make the majority of the planet 75% gas. If you want to PvP, look for a tower that has dropped to 0% gas and has a group of people at the ready. Ganking becomes a thing of the past.

But, don't ever confuse this with anything more than Team Fortress Classic brought into AO.

Guild housing is later. I'd prefer it to be first as it would keep more people in the game than the towers will. But, the dev's got a hard on for PvP. And I'll admit, they might have got it right with this. Probably not as right as SW: G with their spawned 'battlefields'. But, it seems to be a very good concept.

They just have to ensure that the 'uber guilds' don't destroy everybody else's fun with all this. The number of people in your guild and the average level, as well as aggregate PvP points absolutely must be taken into account when deciding which guilds can attack which other guild's tower.

At a minimum, defense should be so friggin' boosted that it is a rarity to see someone's tower fall as long as a reasonable number of guildies are there to defend it. It should be the battle that is fun. Not knocking down someone's tower and pissing off 20, 30 or more people or causing guilds to dissolve over the political squabblings falling out of whose fault it was that the guild lost their tower.

These things could spell the end of many fine organizations if FunCom allows them to fall too easily or lets the super guilds wipe out all the small close knit groups of friends.

I say that small-scale guerrilla warfare must be possible for smaller orgs to be able to compete.

...hey, can we control Omni-HQ?

Here's the point. We got about 20 people in our guild average around 150. We'll have 5 people on at once average.

We have about 100 active accounts between our main guild and training guild.

We need to vote on whether or not to buy this thing.

If us 5 people 150+ who are going to be on are going to be open to attack by Storm, TC, MoK, who bring in 50 people to 'gank' our tower, then we aren't going to buy it. It's a total waste of time and money. Total waste.

Now, suppose there is some other guild with 20 people around 150 and a bunch of lower level members working their way up.

I expect the two of us (organizations) to be able to have a fantastic free for all beating on each other's towers.

If my guild is allowed to gang **** some other guild whose average level is 90 and dance on the corpse of their pride, I don't want to buy this thing either.

I see this as FunCom's last chance to implement consentual PvP between groups of similar strength without 'uber loot' being the prize but rather fun and a stupid tower that you can just stick somewhere else if yours gets knocked down.

If this turns into Tarasque or the Arenas again, I think I just might have to FedEx my puke to Norway while it's still warm.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast