Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What areas do you want to control?

The land should be in the "low lag" areas, like Mort. (I am sure once a few towers are placed, and a few teams of defenders and a few teams of attackers are there it will get nasty.)

This would mean mostly desert areas. There are a lot of places where no one goes, as there is little to see, these should be prime land areas.

I just hope the towers have some sort of remote warping beacon so a team could get there quickly (for those who are yalmless).

And maybe a few new areas (maybe only accessable from the grid) just for land control.

Presumably your not going to allow us to put towers in 75% zones? Or will the presence of towers alter the supression gas around the tower?
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Originally posted by Borrace
    what ARE the benefits to holding land?
    Just venturing a guess/making some suggestions (YO! DEVS!!) as to what this could be:

1. Controlling one or more good spawn points in the zone -> your own hunting grounds for the furthering of your guild members skills.

2. Control over whatever resources should be in the vicinity (this far, of course, there's only notum, which, as we know, is (almost) totally useless). This needs more work, and we prolly won't see any useful resources implemented until this time next year.

3. Tax 1. Demand payment for passage/using a safe haven from the fools with a mission/travelling in the middle of the controlled area.

4. Tax 2. Guild income from the powers that be from holding the land. How much would Omni-Tek/CoT value the fact that the zone is currently in the hands of an Omni/Clan guild.

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head... I'm sure more could be added.
    Then again... I might be dreaming, none of this would be/ever become reality and the only reason for holding the area would be to make a new pvp area like 2HO/MMD.

As for the topic: wherever the above points might be possible to implement, and in the zones less travelled today (Artery valleys, Mort, PW, far west longest Road etc.)
    Last edited by Hitokage; Aug 29th, 2002 at 13:48:25.
    Buford Hitokage Matt

Explorer 73% | Socializer 66% | Achiever 33% | Killer 26%
    -

Don't fear the night...
    fear the ones hiding in it.
    -

"Jesus is coming - Look busy"
    -

"Im not Uber. Im your common joe. Im level 178 and untitled. I never had a title and I never really cared whether I got one. All I really wanted was to have fun, learn new stuff and put my creativity to some use." - PhiliosPhreak

Hmmm good question really

I wouldn't really know any other place than the desert areas. Newland would be quite the choice, it being neutral grounds, hence possible to put Omni and clan next to eachother. Of course it would mean that there would be lag hell erupting quite fast then.

I'd like to know something else as well by the way. Lately there have been drops in gas throughout the planet. Does this have to do with the coming of the peacekeepers or is it something that prepares for the boosterpack, making sure that existing areas that used to be 75% are now going to go down in suppression to 50% or 25% to make for PvP possibilities?

Okay, that last bit may be off-topic, but I wonder about it...
    I would go for neutral grounds for the land-control, although I will get flamed for wanting to use the neutrals for clan and Omni pleasure ;-p
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-05-10 06:47:01
    It will remain playable until : 2004-09-20 08:20:45

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

CZ:

We need to know the benifits if any to controlling land first.

As it is now people can walk freely through opposing cities. What difference is one little outpost going to make out in podunk SFH?

And to be perfectly honest...
    Save terms and some shops just won't cut it for the effort of protecting it.

Zone Wide or large area ae xp buffs? Or ac or hp or damage or... ect buffs? Things of that nature that emit from the outpost would be a GREAT reason to put one up near an outside hunting ground. AND good incentive to fight for it.

Let it act a a single person beacon warp (or maybe make it a fixer only thing.. just tossing ideas) from you clans HQ (yeah yeah.. need that too still).

Come back with reasons for us to use these things.. and we'll give you some great places to put them

I'd like to be able to build in Belial and Deep Artery Valley, since I like those zones and like hanging out there. The local critters are pretty mean, but I love the scenery and they are fun places to hunt.

The Stret Bank zones would probably be good, as would the Aegean zone, the Longest Road zone, the Wailing Wastes zone, and possibly the Galway County (not shire) and Clon**** zones. Maybe Milky Way and Andromeda too.

Perpetual Wastelands are also good possibilities, as are East Foul Plains and South Foul Hills, but I think they would be pretty unpopular. They are just too inaccessible and too far behind the 'lines.' Mort would be unpopular because it's far behind the 'lines' as well. And all those zones are chock full of really dangerous critters.

If you want to really bring the conflict into people's faces, allow for building in Lush Fields, Pleasant Meadows, Greater Tir County, Clon**** for sure, and Broken Shores.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

hmm

I would like to control the Funcom Marketing Tower and practice griefing on Gaute when he stepped foot near the door or elevator.

I'd give you a pass though CZ and maybe Cosmik to if you both brought the donuts but Gaute - he'd have to go down!

Maybe see if April wants to swap sides and stay on the Consumer side and if not then I'd have to hire a bouncer to mongo her and take her down too!

/me chuckles.

Personally, I would like to see areas in every zone except cities and Broken Shores (lag and stability). This would be a good way to get players to the underutilized parts of the map (since there is very little reason to do anything but missions, even after 14.5, few people go to certain areas).

But for me the most important thing is that they be nowhere near currently popular hunting/camping areas. That would only enhance the griefing.

Scorus

I want one in Varmint Woods right next to LegChopper.

really Cz

Cz

you of all people should know that people are only going to want to control land where there is notum. No one will want to control unproductive land.

I suggest that you furnish us with the location of notum deposits, and we will be able to make an informed decision on where we want to control.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Might be time for EcoDisaster and all the other orgs whose RP basis is in ecological conservatism to seriously go on a rampage....

Where would I like to see towers? note: this will be somewhat more inclusive of clan-side areas, as I don't know omni areas very well at all....

Let's divide them into 3 basic guild levels; low, mid, and high. Low would be predominantly under 60. Mid would be 60-120. High would be 120+.

Low areas: the Stret areas, maybe... Varmint W?

Mid areas: TLR, Wailing Wastes, Mort, Belial?, Stret, maybe SAV?

High areas: PW, CAV, DAV, maybe some of Stret, Avalon, SFH, EFP... basically, all the far flung areas. Which aren't all that far flung anymore, what with the fixer grid...
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Lightbulb A quick post

Benefits of holding land (what we have for now) added to the Q&A thread.

lanemckenzie16, you can see the towers (maybe not with the same graphics as others though) without the booster pack.

Warlock, controllers will be placable in 75% areas (still only predefined areas for land control though), and will change the suppression gas level in the area (to be more specific; In the 'zone', not in the entire 'playfield').

Drabin,

Bionitrous, I doubt you can control the area, but being a few friends and set up temporary towers, and he'll have a problem when he spawns.

Animosity, notum is available almost everywhere. The towers will mine this to provide benefits for the organisation and their owners (characters).

I also want to control city entrance, this way we can fight those players attacking our guards (I'm neut).
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

That was actually the response I wanted to hear, Cz. I don't want to have to PvP over Jack at all. I don't think 'key' areas should have forced PvP anywhere near them.

I would prefer the towers to be something you actually go look for and set up a party to set out towards and fight. You choose to PvP. You pick a certain guild as a target. You organize your raiding party. You travel to their tower and try to put the hurt on them.

I see this as players setting up their own PvP zones. I think too many people are confusing this with the guild housing patch or something. These things simply give your guild skill or other bonuses that you then expose to other guilds to try to smack down and take away from you. This doesn't have to happen at the grid area in Newland.

People set up raids to go kill Tarasque. This should be almost completely the same. Only the reward is knowing you took away the +20 Two Hand Blunt and +2% Exp Bonus that the guild was getting from their standing tower. Totally consensual PvP. It doesn't have to happen in the middle of where the other 90% of the playerbase is simply trying to grab missions, sell their goods and services or complete a quest.

Yes, you need to beef up the NLC guards. That's one of the sorest spots in the game seeing some jackass there beating on the guard every single solitary time you try to zone in the north gate. The lag from the battle spam is growing tiresome. Hell delete the damn guards. I don't mind. But the last thing I want is to have to walk through battle spam to go in the gate or even worse be open to attack as I near the area.

This should be your solution to your failed attempts to get people to PvP in Mort. You made the whole zone 25% now nobody wants to go there and they hate you. You made PvP non-consensual and ticked off a ton of players. However, if a guild sets up a tower in some corner of Mort they get bonuses for their guild AND if people CHOOSE to attack their tower you now have two parties who both agree to engage in team PvP being presented a battlefield in which to do so.

If my guild sets up a tower, we expect people to perhaps come and try to take it out. We know that. There will be no 'ganking' when it comes to this new feature. This is why you have cries for the whole planet to go 75% after this feature comes in to place. If you want to PvP, go to Camelot or drop a tower in place. Sure, keep your MMD and 2HO and Camelot at 25% or even better 0% for the free for alls. But you have an opportunity to open up the whole planet for exploration and use while allowing those who wish to PvP a means to define where and when it will happen.

Staying on topic; I'd like to control some of the new areas/spawn sites that are being put in. I don't want to grief by holding a camping area that everyone knows about, but a big pile of mutant corpses is too much to resist.

Cool

I would like to hold places in Varmint Woods or outside Borealis

What's wrong with the playfields not currently in game like Broken Crest or The Spur or some such? You guys are releasing this pack on a CD...wouldn't be too hard to throw new playfields on it.

Id just like for all the current outposts dotted around to be controllable, as many places as possible really because im sure the newer clans would like to get in on this as well as the more popular "uber" clans, it would be very nice if these bases had teleporters of some sort in them to take people back to main towns, that way people who controlled the outpost could use it fairly often no matter where it was. After travveling the world quite a lot ive noticed an awfull lot of these outposts just put in the middle of forests, maybe if the guard could be made a little weaker these would be good places to take over.

DAV...

Oh and if you let me place a controller in Kuroshio Forest, I'll even consider going clan
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Ok places we should have to fight for controll, any zone not currently in USE. Lesser places like Mort, 20k, Rhino cockpit ( have rhinos have a side if someone takes it over).

Some others would be, have west athens be able to be taken over,

Make a couple sections of rome be able to be taken over. maybe rome green, but not rome blue.

The guards in the square could fight at times

Make some more 0% zones also--- have them be spread and make us find them. don't tell people where to locate the zones...

Put some unique mobs in zones that can be taken over. Maybe have tir Bot mt be a political zone..

just some places that would make it better

another idea is to make it so that if you kill guards on your own side you loose your political affiliation. If your clan you become Omni. Also there needs to be ql 400 guards in some spots. Tir, Omni 1, newland city.. shouldn't these places be the best guarded? put guards at all entrances to them cities. 3 or 4 guards. (tir grid, south and west gate, Tir wompa) same with the others.

Savedsoul rubi2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast