Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What areas do you want to control?

Question What areas do you want to control?

The terraformed area of Rubi-Ka is quite large. There are bases and strategic points in most playfields. Oh, and we won't allow land control in the big cities, I'm believe.

So, what areas would you like to hold against those Omnis or clanners, or both (let's not forget the neutrals)?

Disclaimer: No, this is not a question from the design team (though I am sure they'd like to see the result).

Is remote places like Perpetual Wastelands interesting, or would you prefer to have the closer areas of Lush Fields or Greater Tir County?

Some place in Belial or one of the Stret's Artery Valley's. Something that has striking scenery and a lush feel to it. Water nearby would be nice.

I don't think my guys have any interest in holding territory in some godforsaken radiation scarred patch of dust.

Likewise, if a guild is to have any identity as witnessed by their location, I don't think we have any interest in setting up shop just outside Newland or godforbid having our Tower out the West Gate of Broken Shores where every Tom **** and Harry will come mosying along.

If they want to take our Tower, let them first know where it is, then actually travel to come fight us.

Hehe, I'll make sure the designers are not planning on stuffing a forest or two of towers in Broken Shores. There's enough stuff there as it is, imo.

Would be nice to know a little more about what "holding" a piece of land means before answering this.

- Will this mean that members of the oppsite side will be attacked or in some way have problems of using that particular area?

- What size of land will be held? Entire playfields, or just a small area, for instance a particular spawn location?

I generally feel that there has been too little information about this whole process. All I know is that people are going to be able to put up "towers" that allows them to "hold" land. I would love to see a more detailed description of this system. (If this already exists, does anyone have an URL to it?)

Coldstrike, I'll check with the designers what info I can give out. I'll take some time to gather the info from the dev chat and such tomorrow at work (making a mental note to remember it), so people can look at that part, at least.

Cz:

Currently there are very few zones being used at this point in the game. The player listings in areas such as Belial Forest, CAV, DAV, Perpetual Wastelands and even Mort are few and far between. There are many more in Clan areas since very few have anything worthwhile in them.

How exactly does land control work? If it means a PVP area with forts and what not, NOBODY wants that in such a highly populated area like the Lush Fields playzone. There are at least 4 useful COMMONLY used Camps in Lush Fields holding multiple teams ranging from level 10-70. If for some reason suddenly a high level Clan could come in and "claim" the Northwest mine, that would potentially ruin a very useful area to level.

But your balance point would come to "Why would anybody want to control land in areas nobody goes to?" My question is "Why hold land at all?" I really don't see the benefit or fun to it to be honest depending on how it's implemented. All I forsee is me Flying over endless Clan camps all shooting at me when i'm just trying to zone.

Lucid Flow, I seem to remember (from the design document) that we will make sure those who do not want to take part in the land control part don't have to.

I would guess people might have to take a longer route around areas at times, but I doubt we will let people control e.g. the main hunting spots in Lush Fields, or set up a bunch of towers in the middle of the main roads.

Heading off to bed. Back tomorrow.

Personally, I would like to see land control implemented in major cities like 2ho, Newland City or Broken Shores. It would give meaning to the endless clanner raids of 2ho if they could actually hold the land and change the guards from omni aliged to clan aligned. Of course some restrictions would need to be imlemented. Perhaps, that only on certian days would territory in major cities be able to be changed from side to side. It would be fantastic to lead an Omni raid on downtown Tir and burn all the Dirty Clanners to the ground. Yeah, there are some problems to be worked out with that idea, but they could be worked out. IMHO.
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

what ARE the benefits to holding land?

Arrow

Hmmm, areas in the Artery Valleys, more desolate parts of Newland Desert, Longest Road, Avalon, 4 Holes - places where there are presences of both sides or some neutral areas would make most sense.

Unhappy hm i dont seem to understand...

Ok, so if we buy the booster pack will all the towers be there, or do we have to buy the booster pack to see the towers? Or, is it that if you buy the booster pack you can build towers??
    LOL! That might sound confusing, but I hope someone can answer...

Arrow also...

Also, if we buy the booster pack, do we just install it and get on our old account and play? Or do we have to make a new account name?

Red face Conroller Placements

Well i gues any place would be a good place!!!

I gues placing areas where it is allowed to place a controller and so on aint going to be a problem there is exellent places for it.

Problem is maybe over doing it.... should maybe look it from other side ... where should they not be allowed.

And well have a couple of places on my list of not allowed places :

Wartorn Valley
    4holes
    Omni Forrest aint a good place eather.
    Most of Varmint Woods aint so good ether.
    The citys aint a good place.
    Maybe a question mark on 2ho but maybe at some areas there could be good.

When we come down to it ... any place on planet will do as long as it do not destroy the playfield feel... Like the forrests ... *me do not want to have a Notum mine in the middle of a forrest ...

I gues we would have the eniromental people after us then. If it was allowed to destroy a forrest with 4 of them bases ...

So my vote initialy goes to the open plane places like TLR, Perpetual, SFH and so on and on and on...

A thing to think about is how do we get people out in the more remote places like CAV and DAV. Well this could be a addition to that ... If it was possible to place a controller in DAV. Well a problem there could be the the medusa part but then i would love to have a woman only base out there.

Could be a nice touch to it...

The areas them self ... Is it going to be possible to limit the attack and defend limitations for them. I mean like this ... WIll it be possible to lets say a clan org kick out a clan org in some areas.

Basecly having a type of suppresion field that have eather 2 settings. 1. Political zone 2. Mayhem zone

Depending on the place and the supression it would have some possitive benefits.

That way it would be possible to devide out the bases over all planet other then everyone place them smack at one place and we have another collection point like Tir Grid on RK2 or like Home City used to be before the change.

But then the spread of the bases would be on the lvl limits on the bases that i heard someone talk about.

// Marlark

Arrow

You install the pack then use the pack's key (not the extr game key) to activate the booster for any account you want. So to use the booster you need both the installed files and a booster activated account.

This was answered elsewhere but I can't find the link atm...

Talking

I'll be king of Holes in the Wall

Exclamation

I'd like to be sure that any noobish (or not so noobish), non-PvP person can superbly ignore any kind of feature this 'land control' would introduce into everyone's gameplay. I.e. let the ub4r guilds wave their pride all they like, and let the *possibility* for everyone else to ignore them, their claims, or attitude.

So, try not to flag 'land control' on PlayFields that are very popular.

Thank you.

I would like them to be in areas accessible to all parties

And I would like them to be in the vicinity of poulated and fairly well travelled routes.

Mort and PW holds no fascination for me, nor does DAV or SAV.

Make the struggle visibale but dont make those who want no part of it suffer.

I for one couldnt care less about what happens at a tower in a zone I never even go to.

Make the towers and the fighting accessible so all can at least see that this is actually a planet on the brink of war and not a gigantic XP ball floating in space!
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Talking

Originally posted by reality
    I'll be king of Holes in the Wall :D
    whooooaaaa!

uah! oh! ahhh!

/me ducks, as if hearin a zillion trox'es singin some kind of workin song when buildin towers* ....

oh! oh! oh!

/me slowly retracts from the visualizer, all pale and pure terror in his face

ooohhhh ..... eh! oh! arrrrrrrrr .....

/me rolls eyes

this is ... this is .... *unbelieeeevable* ... this is ....

/me shakes his head, raisin a fist against the visualizer

grrrrrr next thing's wiiky valley full of towers, eh ?

pfffffffff

/italian

not enough that i have to live in this dang stinkin hole of a hut, sharin what little space i have with rats and birds and the occasional mutant, nay, they now try to establish some sort of freak-circus around my little island ......

/me breathes deeply

... - ....

*deng deng deng*

/me looks annoyed to the visualizer

pff deng deng, why the hell did that piece of **** auto-default *AGAIN* grrrrrrr

/me suddenly gets all quiet, readin a message labeled "ICC classified"

oh ... mmmm .... ehehehehe ....

/me's frown turns into a smile

look look, good old boys from earth have a job for me ... ehehehe aaaand it looks like a rather ... *funny* task ...

/me turns his head to a door labeled "explosives" ....

*1: somethin like :

"i swing my beam, smash it to the ground
    how i love it, how i need the sound
    when we'r playin with the tool
    everyone knows it, except the fool
    but he'll be next, spammed by the beam
    'till he's drownin, drownin in the cream"

ooc: ehehehe couldn't resist ,)
    tradeskillz ?

There is a area in Belial Forest, or SAV that contains of only dead trees. And in the center of this area is a big lava lake and in the middle some small island where Doombringers live.

Me like.. Me want.. Me evil..

Oh, if you dont want towers in your forest, gather a bunch of other treehuggers and bring it down Might even be fun

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast