Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So let me get this strait....

Maybe in your area they are a monopoly. In my area I have 3 to choose from.
    Zepto
    President to the Order of Kauket
    NanoTechnician

Originally posted by Blue Cat
    If $20 is going to break your bank account, what you need is a *JOB*, not a free download.

I mean really- people asking to get a product for free because "I've been playing this game for a long time".... umm... that might make sense in a junior high school argument, but it isn't the way our actual universe works.

Let's say you mow lawns on the weekend to make money to buy candy. Let's just say.

Now let's say that you mow a particularly big lawn, and the homeowner says, "I don't think I should have to pay you for this one, since you've been mowing my lawn for months- you sort of owe me a free one".

Would you like that...? Would you have candy? Nope!

You have made it 100% clear that you did not fully read this thread and you only skimmed through it. If you read the whole thing like you should have before posting that, you would realize that it hasn't been a money issue with me this whole time, but more of a request for some kind of patronage for being a loyal customer. With the booster being deployed the way they plan to, the old players are shown NONE while the new comers get plenty.

This is an example of a post that you must not have read, based on your remarks:

Originally posted by natallian
    The $20 really doesn't bother me. It's that fact that new players will be getting a free game while the existing player base (that paid $50) gets no compensation.

Throw us a bone here Funcom. How about a month free with the purchase of the booster, or make a $10 version for existing customers.

It is so not the money.

It's more like we existing customers are getting shafted which is what this is really all about. Again, not the money.
    Newbies are essentially getting $20 off which is like 50% off.
    You can download the game for $20 and a free month. Then you can buy the booster pack for $20. This is $40.
    But a total newbie, never had AO, come Christmas, gets to buy it ALL, including a free month, in one fell swoop for $20. That seems hardly fair. As I've said before.

Either way though, I'm buying two.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

I really need to quite doing that.
    That was me not Kenlon in the above post.

Gah...when's my monitor going to get here? Then this won't happen anymore.
    "Ph43r me! For I am...Darth Sp00n." --my bot belonging to my main character Ruleth.
    Ruleth: Omni-tek aligned 'crat.
    Releuth: Clan aligned MP. (Ruleth's twin sister.)
    RuthieChan: Omni-tek aligned MA.
    Leetaschan: Omni-tek aligned Adventerer.
    And last but not least; Depravedgirl: The neutral aligned Atrox Enforcer who thinks she's a girl, and speaks in falsetto only.

You have made it 100% clear that you did not fully read this thread and you only skimmed through it.
    Fair enough- let's take a look at it more closely then.

The $20 really doesn't bother me. It's that fact that new players will be getting a free game while the existing player base (that paid $50) gets no compensation.

Throw us a bone here Funcom. How about a month free with the purchase of the booster, or make a $10 version for existing customers.
    So it's not about the money... and yet a $10 version of the product would solve the issue.

It's not about the money... but a free month (i.e. $12) for you would solve the issue.

It's not about the money... but a free download would solve the issue.

Sounds like it's about the money. Perhaps *you're* the one that didn't think before posting.

Listen, I'm sorry for the flaming- but this constrant strain to find conspiracy and things to ***** about gets old.
    Last edited by Blue Cat; Aug 30th, 2002 at 23:40:00.

Fair enough- let's take a look at it more closely then.

So it's not about the money... and yet a $10 version of the product would solve the issue.

It's not about the money... but a free month (i.e. $12) for you would solve the issue.

It's not about the money... but a free download would solve the issue.

Sounds like it's about the money. Perhaps *you're* the one that didn't think before posting.

Listen, I'm sorry for the flaming- but this constrant strain to find conspiracy and things to ***** about gets old.

You know what... you still dont get it. Do you not know anything abour loyalty?

I'm not saying I'm not going to buy booster pack (As I CAN afford it), but I am saying, I think it's bunk to be doing this to long time players. It shows us that Funcom cares little for the loyal long time players.

It sounds more like to me you just want to dissagree with something rather than see what I'm getting at here.

...and this never was thought of as a "conspiracy". Maybe you entered the wrong thread, becuase I never said it was and neither did anyone else, which leads me to believe you're skimming throught the thread agian, and not fully reading it.

(edit) I changed my mind. I thought about it a bit, and I realized that I DO just want to disagree.

But anyway, I'll leave this section because "why not?".

Do you not know anything abour loyalty?
    No, not in business, I don't. When you go to the car lot, Ford Motors doesn't care how many Fords you've owned. It costs what it costs, whether you're a loyal Ford owner or not. That's just business.

You call it loyalty, but it's *STILL* asking for something free, or something cheap. I don't understand why you can't see that.

Now- I'm not going to sit here and talk about why a box couldn't be sold with nothing but the expansion. I know nothing about the production costs of something like that. And neither do you.

And the whole thing about feeling like dirt, because a new customer can get the whole package for much less than you spent...

I'm sorry- but I don't see how that has any connection to ANYTHING. Should FC sit around and add up all the stuff you might've bought, and then determine product prices by that...?

You say my comments make it seem like I haven't read the thread. Yours make it seem like you just don't understand business.
    Last edited by Blue Cat; Aug 31st, 2002 at 03:30:14.

Originally posted by Kenlon
    It is so not the money.
    Really, what is is about, is a bunch of spoiled crybabies trying desperately to bend the universe to their twisted logic. That's what it is about.

No analogy is good enough. Nothing is good enough. The real world is apparently something these babies are insulated against. Good for them.

Unfortunately in this case the real world isn't bending for them the way their Fantasyland does.

So of course they are going to cry and whine.

Cuz that's what they do when they don't get their way in Fantasyland - cry and whine.

Welcome to the real world.

Martek

Bad analogy again.

It's more like this. You pay a large deposit for you phone line and you pay a monthly fee for your phone line. On that phone line you where supposed to have call waiting this whole time but never got it. Now they do offer it and you must pay extra to get it working, there are also a few other extra added features they are going to throw in too though. That’s fine and dandy.

But guess what… the phone company is getting new customers now that only have to pay the price of the call waiting with no deposit, and they get the extra features also, and they get a month of free service.

Old customers must not mean much I guess.

New customers get great new benefits for next to nothing, while long time paying customers aren’t shown a bit of patronage.

Now in the real world, people like to see analogies that fit the situation.

I got a cell phone :P

Why bother anymore? It seems you people like to support bad business, or your total FC fanboys.

I'm complaining because I'd rather download it. As I said, a DOWNLOAD option costing the same or less would get my vote.

I think $20 is fine, because I can use the backup copy of the client. The key will probably remain unused. No problem.

(pre-emptive sorry to Cz) I plan to buy it, it sounds fun. I'm just hoping I don't have to drive 1/2 hour to the nearest store JUST to find out they don't have it and I'm gonna haveta order it anyways.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Well, you know what the funny thing is?

Well first of I apologize for being pesimistic, its not my usual manner

The big joke is:

We can analize the crap out of this booster, we can complain, we can get into arguments about analogies, but it doesn't change the fundemental truth. We can only fight with our money. Pretty funny eh?......but in retrospect, I guess it isn't.

As it has been stated before, this is an entertainment service. We can cancel at any time. Most of us want to stay, myself included, but I do not believe that fighting against Funcom in these forums is the answer....... But the sad fact is, the people who do leave, and find themselves in the Electronics Boutique with their 12.95$ USD that they now have from not playing AO, and they'll spend it elsewhere.

I think I'll just wait to find the booster in a bargain bin

Although a serious quesiton : Is the booster going to be packed with Shadowlands?
    "You've tried the best! Now settle for the rest!, Call 1-800-DOKTORB!, the 'B' is for Bargain!"
    -Dr Nick Rivera

"Oh, I,
    I, have been good,
    I understood,
    like a machine,
    I'll fix you from the start..."
    OLP - In Repair

Why bother anymore? It seems you people like to support bad business, or your total FC fanboys.
    Hmm...nope. Neither one, actually.

I just don't care to hop on the whine-wagon every time someone discovers a new way to whine. And I like people to back up their arguments once in awhile.

Apparently that's too much to ask.

Hmm...nope. Neither one, actually.

I just don't care to hop on the whine-wagon every time someone discovers a new way to whine. And I like people to back up their arguments once in awhile.

Apparently that's too much to ask.

So instead you hop on the " everyone here is a whiner " wagon, to proclaim that you're not one of them.

You're whole approach is a oxymoron, as you're whining about whiners.

But anyways that’s not what this is about, and now it seems you're being influenced more by the whole whining issue, more so than you are about the actual post.

I win.

PBBBBBBBBBBBBBTTT!!!!

EDIT-

I responded to the theme of your post several times, Natallian. Way back there. *You* never addressed what *I* said. Rather, you just went off name-calling when someone actually dared disagree with your complaint.

After that, I was responding to your calling me a fanboy.

So anyway... yeah, whatever.
    Last edited by Blue Cat; Sep 4th, 2002 at 15:42:26.

I win.

PBBBBBBBBBBBBBTTT!!!!

EDIT-

I responded to the theme of your post several times, Natallian. Way back there. *You* never addressed what *I* said. Rather, you just went off name-calling when someone actually dared disagree with your complaint.

After that, I was responding to your calling me a fanboy.

So anyway... yeah, whatever.

Please point out where I did any name calling. The only thing see me say that can come close is the "fanboy" part.

The only thing I pointed out about you is it looks as if you have not been fully reading the thread and you continue to prove me right on this.

This looks a bit more like name calling to me.

What's childish is thinking that some big bad game company is trying to steal your candy.

Who is the child now?

I win.

PBBBBBBBBBBBBBTTT!!!!

All I said was that I thought you were whining. I thought you were asking for something free. I thought you had a ridiculous complaint (new customers get the game cheaper than you got it...? What the hell?). I thought you were stretching to find something to complain about.

That's it. And I still think so.

Whatever, Natallian- I'm through here. Have fun- I'm sure you can find another 100 whining sycophants to join in.
    Last edited by Blue Cat; Sep 4th, 2002 at 18:41:40.

Do a search for my posts. I don't complain without good reason. As a matter of fact this is the first thread I've ever made that I wasn't happy about something, and I've been playing this game since day 1 of hitting the store shelves.

I don't need to. I've been lurking these boards for a long time, and I'm familiar with your general posting style, believe it or not.

You're generally a very rational and funny person, I've found. I disagree with you here though. This doesn't seem like a good reason to complain to me.

That's all- no hard feelings.

Well maybe you havent been playing the game since day one like me and a few others who posted here in this thread. If you payed top $ for a badly broken game that only just now started working, only to find you have to pay for a booster (was able to shrug that off ok) but now others get the whole game, all nice and polished for free with the booster. That tell's me that old players just arent important to FC.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast