Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So let me get this strait....

Nat yer fighting a loosing battle here, OK? Example.

I'm a huge mechwarrior fan..quite a few years back Mechwarrior 2 came out..the game was godly, anyone play it? Anyway, full version was about US 49.95..then Ghost' Bear's Legacy came out. Well, being a great fan, I bought this expansion pack...US 29.95. Now, a little later another game called Mercenaries comes out..looks awesome..US 39.95. I buy it. I play for a long time, even though they have serious issues with certain gphx cards, including mine.

several months later, a "Titanium edition" Mechwarrior box set comes out..all three games, graphically enhnced and all the bugs fixed, plus extras. Price? US 39.95. That's right...a HECK of a lot less then what I paid for buggier versions of the game that I had to patch, on dialup cause there was no fiber out where I lived, multiple times.

So, on that vein..should I have gone and pounded Activision's door down and demanded they just charged 40 bucks for a couple measly ugrades?

Besides, honestly, I doubt you're paying one cent for those full versions of the game on there..your 20 bucks is going towards the new upgrades and the pretty little box. The Full version is thrown in as a bone to new players. So just deal with it, or, don't buy it *shrugs* up to you.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Originally posted by natallian
    Well maybe you havent been playing the game since day one like me and a few others who posted here in this thread. If you payed top $ for a badly broken game that only just now started working, only to find you have to pay for a booster (was able to shrug that off ok) but now others get the whole game, all nice and polished for free with the booster. That tell's me that old players just arent important to FC.
    Well, i have been playing since day one and I'll let you in on a little secret about the way the MMORPS survive. With more memberships you make more money, so the emphasis is on getting more memberships. The way to do that is offer new players incentives to get the game, and old players incentive to keep the game. For the old players the incentive is this new pack with new content and kewl stuff. For the new players is that when they buy this pack they get a free month and the full game. Since the game has been on the shelf a while its safe to say that for the most part people that wanted to play the game the way it is have already bought it, so to get new players you need new content. Problem is, if a new player hadn't already bought the game it is unlikely that they will buy it now for more money just to get the new material that convinced him to consider it in the first place. So, new material + low price = New players.

And I could care less. What they're doing for me is giving me new material to play with and expanding their player base so i have more people to play with and against.

Kewlness
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

I think everybody have gotten to state their view, and agreed that some agree with them while other don't. Closing the thread.

I have noted all you have posted, and made sure to bring it up with our marketing and sales people, and will continue to do so. However, I don't see the need to continue the discussion here at this time, as most points have been made here, or in other threads.

Feel free to e-mail me about it though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234