Thread: Council of Truth Press Release: New Speaker Speaks Out

Council of Truth Press Release: New Speaker Speaks Out

Council of Truth Press Release: New Speaker Speaks Out
    January 13, 29481 - [Global]

FRJK - Aideen Landau press release

Change is something that, for the Council of Truth, tends to come slowly. For the past several years, ever since the new Council's inception, Simon Silverstone, leader of the infamous Sentinels clan, has been the elected speaker for the group.

However, as of January 6th, that has changed. After a diplomatic vote taken by council representatives, Aideen Landau of the Unionists was elected to be the new speaker for the Council of Truth. In light of this, we have recently received a press release from Aideen Landau, for immediate release.

Good day. My name is Aideen Landau. I am a product of Omni-Tek.

I am writing this press release because a group of individuals have placed their faith in me as a speaker. They believe that I would be a good voice for their cause, and that my words may serve some benefit in this troubled day and age. As of January 6th, 29481, I am the official speaker for the Council of Truth.

After being elected to this position, it was asked that I pen a press release regarding the development. There are those who think my capacity for rousing speech is a talent - Truthfully, I have never seen it as such, but I am pleased to know that there are those inspired by my words.

However, when confronted by the task of writing a press release, I have found myself lacking the proper muse, and without the ability to piece together a coherent statement on the matter. So, instead, I have decided to come to you today not as the speaker for a council, but as myself. I am often loathe to put words in the mouths of others, and find myself uninterested in speaking for those that have chosen me as their head. Their words may not be my own, and may not echo the same sentiments I share. So, my words reflect upon no one
    but myself, nor should they be taken as such. These are simply my opinions.

I am a simple person, both in thought and in action. I do not, nor will I ever, claim to be anything more than I am - An individual, who has been gifted with the trust and respect of others. This gift from them, those who would look up to me as a leader, has always inspired curiosity within me; After all, as I said, I am a simple person. To believe that my words and actions will echo throughout history is a humbling notion, one which I do not take lightly.

I find this simplicity, however, marred - The nature which I have chosen for myself disrupted. It is disrupted by the scream of my genemate as it died during a skirmish with Omni-Tek troops. By the wailing sound of a widow who has learned that her husband will never again seek comfort in her arms. By the sight of dead bodies, both friend and foe, strewn across the fields, their silent rest shattered by the roar of turrets and cannon fire.

The natural tendency of things is to place blame on others, to find solace in knowing the why and how of grief. I have seen grief, and have experienced it personally. And despite my simplicity, despite the calmness of spirit which I have worked so hard to achieve, I can only lay my blame on something without a face, something I can never know the pleasure of physically hurting. An entity. A corporation.

Something that I ask everyone who works for my clan is "Why?" It is a question that is no question at all. Something that leaves the individual to not only find a response, but discover what they were responding to in the first place. And in the many, many years I have asked this question, the overwhelming answer remains "Because I must." We live in a world with individuals who believe they have nothing in their lives left but the will to fight, and every day I see more and more weary eyes staring out into the open air, tired and disillusioned, afraid and cold to the world around them.

All individuals must have something in their lives they want, some goal they hope to accomplish. But so many have only the goal of death awaiting them - Vengeance, fury, and hatred. I find that this is a truth I cannot bear to witness. No one should be forced to live their lives in such agony, and such fear.

I and my clan have no regard for the corporation or it's allies. I will fight with my last breath to ensure that others may have the chance to learn peace. That some day this planet may be rid of the infection that has blighted its surface - That it may be expunged, sweated away with the fever that this land has developed. I can only hope that my actions will lead to that day, if even in a minute fashion.

Tarkhan Zora is quite familiar with my name, I am sure, given the recent actions of my clan to overtake mining operations in Four Holes. I hope as well that he is familiar with my face, and the sound of my voice. I hope he is familiar with my clan, and familiar with the Council which I have been elected speaker for. I rest assured, though, that if he is not familiar with any of these things, then he will be enlightened soon enough. He will spit my name in fury, curse the ground upon which I walk, damn me to any number of the hells which may exist, and I will enjoy every last moment of his suffering. I will become as a thorn unto his side, and relish in the knowledge that little by little the tyrannical vision of his company is failing.

All of this I do not because I cherish war, but because I cherish the peace which it will attain. A peace I plan to fight for, and a peace that
    will be achieved. For too long we have allowed Omni-Tek to believe that we are lap dogs, kept upon a short leash and to be struck with rolled-up paper after daring to let loose a bark. Tarkhan Zora believes we are simple house pets, little more than a nuisance. But we are not dogs - We are wolves, wild and furious, cunning and dangerous. See how our fangs gleam.

As said, these are simply my words. They are a loose collection of my beliefs, set down as a statement. I do not claim to speak for the Council of Truth or anyone else. However, I offer the following question.

They are my words. But I was elected by those who believe in them. Can their aim be far from my own?

I am a product of Omni-Tek, both in body and in soul. It was an Omni-Tek cloning vat that created my form and released me into this world. It was an Omni-Tek gun that forced me to fire my first bullet. It was an Omni-Tek soldier that killed one of my closest friends. It was Omni-Tek who made me the person I am today. I have no recourse but to pay these debts in full.

To all others indebted to the corporation of Omni-Tek, I say to you that now is the time to begin repayment. Now is your time. Now is
    our time. Raise your fists to the air and cry havoc.

From today onward, the wolves run free.

Signed,

Aideen Landau
    Leader of The Unionists
    Speaker Elect for the Council of Truth
    Last edited by Editor: FJRK; Jan 13th, 2007 at 23:52:10.

*eyes gleam as she hears the thoughtful and inspired words of a worthy leader*

As a fellow worker, and former Omni-Tek employee I can whole heartedly agree on this issue.

I have read up on the files presented within the Council of Truth records to get a feel for the kind of consulate we have established and in place. It's good to know the will of your peers in order to establish some sort of common ground. While many in my own clan shared a similar philosphical viewpoint with many of our elected leaders and their staff, I found that the entire package that is in place is more than enough for our needs.

I had intended to make a speech of my own to point out that each clan and its leadership had so very much to offer, and that many of us still learning what its like to live in our world were more concerned with themselves and other petty matters.

There are groups of us with the will to fight, who know what it means to engender trust and goodwill, even if its hidden within a hardened shell. I myself, as my wife can attest.. am a hard man, but a fair man. And in the light of what I have seen The Unionists suffered in all this war, I have learned and can tell you that Miners are the base of the tree in which all this flows from, with notum being the obvious spring.

But the tree cannot grow by itself. We need support. We need security. We need business. We need economy. We need trust, and goodwill amongst our own nation. We need leaders who see the value in people, and encourage its growth like any parent, or other family member. In truth, we are all in this together.

It requires strength to make this happen, and in that strength there is alot we must not only prove to ourselves, but to the world outside of just us. We cannot hate our enemies, but respect them. The moment you do not accept all the possibilities that Rubi-ka has to offer, you loose the sight of all that is which you could gain from the hard work we all put forth.

I, for one.. am with Mister Landau on this. I had thought of a plan of my own for unity, but with minds like this not only is my job easier, but I can facilitate something already in place. For my previous vanity, thats something I am just gunna have to deal with.

Its absolutely possible, folks. People look at clans, and even myself and see that we are all pressing in directions not everyone can agree with, and we are scattered... disorganized. For the most part, this is indeed true.

It doesn't have to be, however.

And if the workers of Rubi-ka unite, and we establish a firm root (and by all intents and purposes this is underway) then I see no reason not to help it along.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

That's a blow to Mr Silverstone. I wonder how well he is taking this defeat to Sentinels.

As far as this Landau is considered, seems like another power-mad, blinded by hate, sad man, who has only shown he is capable of destruction. Perfect choice for the clans.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

It is in fact * not* a blow to Commander Silverstone. He has basically never wanted the position even though he's been voted in three times now.

The Council is still pro-conflict though, which means everyone is happy. Mr. Landau is a wise clan leader whom quite a few people (no matter who you are) look up to.

He is a wonderful choice... though personally i'd rather have seen Portman in his place. No offense to Mr. Landau.

Hey I like that guy, Aideen Landau is a respectable leader may he be a friend or enemy.
    You've made a good choice, this time.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Virta View Post
    That's a blow to Mr Silverstone. I wonder how well he is taking this defeat to Sentinels.

As far as this Landau is considered, seems like another power-mad, blinded by hate, sad man, who has only shown he is capable of destruction. Perfect choice for the clans.
    This guy doesn't seem power mad. And he doesn't seem blinded by hate; he has legitimate beef with Omni-Tek. As someone who also considers themselves a product of Omni-Tek, although in a much different way than an atrox born on RK, I see where he's coming from. Where he's going with it might seem a little vainglorious, but from a practical standpoint all that really means is Landau has ambition. And I can assure, any sadness of his can be directly accounted for by the fact his former masters treated him like a lab-grown commodity and not a man.

As for him being capable of destruction - good. In a world of Unicorns, command juggernauts, brain washing, orbital bombardment and other nastiness the powers that be at Omni-Drek are more than willing to dish out on people simply trying to live their lives, the Council of Truth doesn't need someone who offers that mook of a CEO hugs and kisses.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Wow...finally someone in a political role which can show the intellect that a leader needs. It's been way to long suffering brainless thugs like Zora and Silverstone. And this is a great step forward for the Clans and I congratulate them for choosing such a leader. Guess all we need now is someone to do likewise in Omni-Teks ranks.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    It is in fact * not* a blow to Commander Silverstone. He has basically never wanted the position even though he's been voted in three times now.

The Council is still pro-conflict though, which means everyone is happy. Mr. Landau is a wise clan leader whom quite a few people (no matter who you are) look up to.

He is a wonderful choice... though personally i'd rather have seen Portman in his place. No offense to Mr. Landau.
    I am forced to agree with Taren here on all points. Silverstone did not want it that I recall. He was voted in and did his best by his views. Some of us did not like him or his position. But we lived with it.

Landau is someone both Knights and Sentinels alike can agree on exactly as she said. A worthy leader whom wants the peace and understands the fight necissary to attain it.

As a member of the CoT

AS a member of CoT i rejoiced when I found out that Landau was to be the new speaker of the CoT. now hopefully we can work on changing some of the things that need to be changed in the clans.
    Carogelw 216/18 Soljah!
    Proud General of (AoD) Anarchists of Destruction
    (AoD) spreading the path of destruction for over 3 years

We are recruting!

Landau can give a good speech. So the clans have their rallying cry. Fight us, fight Omni-Tek. I've been fighting the same battle for twenty years. Though speeches may inspire, the successes lay in actions. If you believe that you can outlast or overpower Omni-Tek, then feel free to stop by and "discuss" it. In the end, the results will be the same.
    Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang ((Rimor))
    Roleplaying Profile of Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang
    The story continues: "Live by the Sword..."

Quote Originally Posted by Feyde View Post
    Landau can give a good speech. So the clans have their rallying cry. Fight us, fight Omni-Tek. I've been fighting the same battle for twenty years. Though speeches may inspire, the successes lay in actions. If you believe that you can outlast or overpower Omni-Tek, then feel free to stop by and "discuss" it. In the end, the results will be the same.
    Actions? I got a clue for ya. WE HAVE outlasted. Not only that, but we annexed several key locations. And as for looking threatening with this strong stance you have, I want you to take a look at the junkpile outside Athens(aka Omni 2) east gate, youll see the broken remnants of several of your juggernaughts that didnt pass salvage.

So yeah, keep gloating. How do your results taste now?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...