Thread: Weather Control?

Weather Control?

Can anyone say 'Forshadowing'? Any one want to guess what this means for us players? Will Omni screw something up and let lose the beast? Or use it to battle the clans? Or...... ?

Well...

Lets face it, the weather in Athen or Tir is usally completely miserable and rotten anyway! Gale force red-glowing storms with rain that isn't so much horizontal as chaotic!

So as a weapon I'm not sure if that's really going to make a huge swag of difference.

Personally I'm against instigating weather control - weather patterns are one of the crucial elements of terraforming any planet, and Rubi-Ka is by no means properly terraformed yet!
    Crazynotion - Atrox Bureaucrat, RK1

Formerly posted as Mechanita

And where would you clanners be if Omni hadn't terraformed in the first place?
    Danica "Jaxxa" Craddock,
    fna Sun "Snyyper" Botos
    Agent and Java-Junkie of Rubi-Ka

OOC - From what I understand in the Timeline, there is no working weather control system on Rubi-Ka. Omni-Tek tried two or was it three times to set up weather control and each time it failed. At least one of those failures was a 'spectacular' failure; ICC tried to intervene and force OT to contract out to another corporation to get working weather gear in place but OT wouldn't do it and decided to go ahead without real weather control at all.

Am I wrong?
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

With weather control, he only thing we lose is those pretty storms in Newland desert We gain stability, the ability to terraform more regions, and more terraforming in the north, thus eliminating those deserts easier.

Oops, just checked the main page's news.

Seems interesting... who wants to lay odds that it will blow up or something?

I have the feeling from the Timeline that the weather control systems not working on Rubi-Ka, and that they failed each time it was tried, is important and has something to do with the story. Ie, the impression I have is that weather control failed for a larger reason than 'it's hard to do and Rubi-Ka is pretty weird.' Perhaps the lack of weather control is part of the designs of an unknown intelligent actor?
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

There's something larger behind this, I'm sure of it. Omni-Tek has some agenda for this weather control, otherwise they wouldn't have plastered it all over the news. I've heard rumors of Omni-Tek gearing up for rebel attacks, maybe this is it...Or aybe they will begin to terraform other regions on Rubi-Ka?
    Sepentura

"The future is in your hands."

Former Leader - Sea of Change

Well, as far as I'm concerned, any attempt to stop the lightning from hitting the ground at my feet three times a week while walking the streets of Omni Entertainment will be welcome.

Only question I have is why doesn't this leave scorch marks on the concrete?

How about

Huge electrical storm occurs as ICC ships decend through atmosphere. Unfortunately the ship(s) is hit by a bolt and destroyed utterly. Omni conviently blame new weather control system

Bummer huh
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

I say it is good that Omni has developed the new upgraded technology.

Why, for Omni to take unhabitable land and create it terraformed for Omni to claim for themselves.

RK-1 Brutenater

OOC:

Oh. I thought the weather control system had nothing to do with the plot and everything to do with reducing server load by ditching the weather storms like they did with the fog a few patches ago.

Re: OOC:

Originally posted by Martov
    Oh. I thought the weather control system had nothing to do with the plot and everything to do with reducing server load by ditching the weather storms like they did with the fog a few patches ago.
    I still come across fog.

Not like you used to though. Omni-1 Trade used to be thick with brown fog. Very nasty looking stuff. Most I ever see now is the green fog in Rome.

That's not fog. It's the fumes carried over by the wind from that crap the clanners fry up for dinner. /smirk.
    Danica "Jaxxa" Craddock,
    fna Sun "Snyyper" Botos
    Agent and Java-Junkie of Rubi-Ka

Originally posted by Jaxxa
    That's not fog. It's the fumes carried over by the wind from that crap the clanners fry up for dinner. /smirk.
    Jaxxa,
    You appear to be a lady of fair tast so I will let you into a little secret .....

Do you know how long I have been looking for a decent restaurant and wine merchant on this damn planet, you can not find a bottle of Bolly anywhere.
    Call yourselves civilised in the OT towns you may, however your so called ”fine wines” are just one step above the foul swill beer that the ‘Trox appear to love so much.

Errhummm sorry about that suffering from lack of Bolly in bloodstream ......

I do believe that the OT decision to reinstate control over the weather patterns of Rubi Ka are fraught with danger (once bitten twice shy) but I do hope they manage to clear the storms over WA somewhat so I can make better use of my courtyard.

TTFN

<ooc>
    If FC are reducing the storms to help out with lag then Yipeeeeeee, I am tired of “lag deaths” while hunting (/me weeps over only being able to get dial up connection in my area).

I will miss the atmosphere they produce (lets face it AO is still one of the best looking/interface games around) however I think that this may also be a lead into “discovering” new areas of the planet that were “off limits” due to the storms before.
    Promoo - Agent, Clan on Rimor
    Still alive but now dressed in spandex and called Big Gun in CoH
    Keeper Of Tiggy

Happy Tree Friends - The best animation on the web

I think the Brown fog was just supposted to be smog, like in LA. Down there they describe fog as 'extra chunky.'

Also, I think that today's story update pretty much 'cleared up' the weather control situation.