Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile on Rubi-Ka...

< continues >

The Omni-Reform Captain stalks up to him. "Where is your commanding Officer?" He snaps impatiently, "Get him at once!"

"That would be me," Gunfytr replies smoothly, "Chief Warrant, Pathfinder Detachment. What can I help you with?"

"Oh, 'contract' troops," He sneers, "And you can't 'help' me with anything. You can hold yourself in readiness for my commands. Now, who is the ranking Omni Officer here? Quickly!"

"My troops are the only combat unit here, there are Omni-Pol investigators inside the crash, but..." "Fine, then," The captain interupts, "I'm assuming command."

"Great!" says Gun, beaming, "How do you want to swap out troops on the perimeter? I can have my shuttles here in about 5 minutes. We weren't looking forward to spending the night playing with medusas, anyway."

"What??", the Captain sputters, "You can't leave! I ORDER you to maintain your posts!"

"Well, theres a problem with that, Captain," Gun grins at him, "According to my contract, my Chain of Command doesn't come anywhere CLOSE to Omni-Reform. So, that means," He says, speaking slowly, "If you take command, I get to go home. Ok? Oh, by the way, the medusas get really active after dark, so if you dont mind...."

*a little later*

"So, what did you tell him?" Beer stands next to Gunfytr as he waves goodbye to the departing black shuttle. "I just used my incredible personality and charming wit," Gun shrugs. "Wow, that poor son of a leet. He never had a chance, did he?" "Nope," Gun replies, "Never give a fool an even chance." He looks up.

< OK, chows comin in! Lets move like we got a purpose, people! >
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Aug 30th, 2007 at 03:44:03.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

-= Transmission begins =-

Yep. Theres Carbon down here. We're tracking a nice vein extending 4 miles due west. However. I believe the test mine we dug has caved in. I did receive a transmission from central saying they were trying to dig me out.

The only thing keeping me sane at the moment is my collection of singing Carbonum rocks. They've formed a barbershop quartet.

-=Transmission ends=-
    GorgeFodder4 / Skeletawe
    Anti-Miner / Miner
    Omni-Mining / NLF Remnant?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletawe View Post
    -= Transmission begins =-

Yep. Theres Carbon down here. We're tracking a nice vein extending 4 miles due west. However. I believe the test mine we dug has caved in. I did receive a transmission from central saying they were trying to dig me out.

The only thing keeping me sane at the moment is my collection of singing Carbonum rocks. They've formed a barbershop quartet.

-=Transmission ends=-
    (( Superb!))
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

The two Agents wait motionless. They have each played this game dozens of times before. They dont even blink as they await their opponents next move. Years of training and expirience allow them to hardly breathe as they---"Well, just WHAT am I supposed to do with YOU two?"

Gunfytr glares at the agents standing 'at ease' in front of his desk. "OK, fine. The Boss sent you to me, I guess I might as well make use of you." He glances over at Beersoldier, leaning against the wall, watching the two. "I've downloaded mission profiles to your personal terms, and I want you to follow up on those leads." He leans forward in his chair, "Be advised, this is NOT a safari. I do not want you two out there 'head hunting'. 'KoS' targets and self-defense only. I want the body count kept to a minimum on this. I dont want a lot of attention drawn to us in regards to the shuttle crash, but I want answers. You get me?"

"WE GET YOU, SIR!" They shout back in unison.

"Hoorah. Go play, stay out of trouble, and most of all....dont get caught. I expect regular contacts from you"

Without even glancing at each other, both Agents simply disappear.

Beer leans up from the wall, "I hate when they do that. Think they're really gone?" He walks over and closes the door, checking the floor for shadows as he goes.

Gun leans back in his chair and stretches, "They better be. If they think they can play with me on this, I might have to take them to the Notum Silo and show them the error of their ways."

Beer laughs, "Think you can take them?" Gun shakes his head, "The day I can't crush an Agent is the day I hang up my armor. Both of them at once?" He shrugs, "Maybe. Hopefully it wont come to that. We got them at a really good time. I'm following leads on my own, but those guys are built for it."

"So, what have we got on the attack, so far?" Beer sits on a chair near the desk.

"Well, I dont think it was the Clans. They have as much to gain from a shuttle full of Newcomers as Omni does, now-a-days. I just need confirmation on this, and I'm workin on that now. If the NLF's Leadership hadn't been gutted, I would start looking there, but, I dont know just how operational they are."

"How are we gonna get confirmation it wasn't a CoT sponsored hit?" Beer sits up, "Just what are you up to, now?"

Gun begins typing on his comp,"I've got.....feelers out. Just waiting for a nibble."

"Ok, call me if you need me, Boss" Beer gets up and walks out of the office, going to see what kind of mischief his team has gotten into.

Gun sits at his desk, staring at his E-mail. Unread messages: 0 He whispers to an unseen person, "C'mon dammit....agree to meet me!"
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Sep 2nd, 2007 at 00:38:56.
    Because we said so.

When Kirklin had said he was going to be out for a while, he had meant it figuratively. A while had turned out to be several months. When he had said he was looking for time alone, he had meant it literally and certainly hadn't been expecting to meet anyone - let alone someone he knew. His plans had chiefly included getting away from the mass of humanity so that he could retain his sanity.

It hadn't quite turned out that way.

Kirklin blamed it on the vacation. How could he NOT blame it on the vacation? After all, had he been up to his usual form of misanthropy, maybe he wouldn't have thought to check if it was really Rob from Wolcott. (It occurred to him now that he didn't remember Rob's last name. It wasn't as if he was going to lose sleep over it, though.)

If he had been up to his usual form, perhaps he wouldn't have taken the offer to "fire up the barbie with just a few guys from Wolcott, y'know?"

So there he was, sitting in front of a barbecue in the middle of nowhere (Christ, he couldn't remember where he was anymore), having a barbecue with a neutral security detail (better known as mercenaries) that happened to share a homeworld with him. Equally 'funny' was that it was the same security detail with which he had come to Rubi-Ka, although none of the bad apples were on board anymore.

And he was steadily getting drunk.

"So I asks her, y'know, just to put a twirl in that head of hers, 'd'you ken if Ken kens Ken?'"

Kirklin and the others laughed at this. Others called it dialect. They called it a language of their own. It derived from so many old dialects.

"Ah, no greater satisfaction 'n seeing a crat have her brain go on a twist."

"Pfft, suuure. Pick on me more, will ya?"

"Not the least my fault you no being a farmer." More laughter. Kirklin, himself a farmer's boy, chuckled. It had nothing to do with not being a farmer and more to do with Wolcott's blazing sun. It implied that the person didn't have thick skin or clothes to stave off barbs or sunlight.

"So, so, hey, we been at this for a guid while now..." Guid? thought Kirklin, still keeping his mouth shut.

"Just the third day, hey."

"Wha? I thought this were the fourth."

"That'd be for you wakin up twice yesterday and remembering none on both times, Donald."

More laughter.

"We good then! No shortage of brew, right?"

Kirklin - ripsnorting drunk, exhausted and dusty from travel - relaxed and absorbed the language he hadn't actively spoken aside from when he wanted to throw a curveball at people. Surely he could delay his return. They'd understand.

The Superior Sentinel helmet lay on his backpack and gleamed in the firelight.

They'd understand.
    Last edited by Proelium; Sep 3rd, 2007 at 19:04:03.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

Dear miss Mary-Ann.

I am happy to report that I have found your leet again.
    He was in Newland this time to and he didn't look well.
    As you know, keeping pets are alot of work and it seems to me that you are not able to look after him at all times and could use someone to keep him company so he dosen't run off again.
    I myself are verry found of leets and would be happy to look after him for you
    If you are interested, give me a call

Gimpeline
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    Dear miss Mary-Ann.

I myself are verry found of leets and would be happy to cook him for you
    If you are interested, give me a call

Gimpeline
    better now ;p
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Cook Brb? Nooo
    Bad PBF, bad!
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Never underestimate the power of a spoon.

I dug my way out. But sadly. I had to make the most ultimate of sacrifices.

... ~sniffle~

I had to leave the band behind!

My carbonum rocks are now singing the blues. ~sniffle~

My superiors have recommended i get psychiatric help. Presumably for the loss i've just sufferred...
    GorgeFodder4 / Skeletawe
    Anti-Miner / Miner

Beer stares anxously at Gunfytr, "Boss, this is really, really a bad idea." "Maybe," Gun shrugs, "But I dont think so."

Gun stands on a rocky hilltop, surrounded by all 4 teams. They form a tight perimeter around him, warily watching the area. Proximity radar has shown several Clan Teams in the area, but none have come within visual range.

"Movement!", Erik calls out. Gun turns to see a Clan Soldier walking slowly towards him. "Easy, troops", Gun calls out, "Its part of the arrangment." Gun removes his helmet as the female fighter looks him up and down disdainfully. Finally she nods and turns to walk away. "Follow me", she calls over her shoulder, "Alone." Gun feels the Teams bristle, but their dicsipline holds.

"You have Command 'til I get back. This goes bad, I want you to hit the grid." Beer shakes his head, "No way, Boss. This goes bad, we're comin for you." Gun laughs, "If this goes bad, I'll be at reclaim before you get to the door. I got a good feeling 'bout this, I'll be fine."

Gun follows the Clanner to a group of buildings at the bottom of the hill. As he approaches the door of the center building, 3 shades suddenly uncloak in a semicircle in front of him, tattoo'd faces twisted with hate, blades poised. Gun swallows hard, but doesn't otherwise flinch. Visibly disappointed he didnt try to run, they reluctantly give way, and allow him to enter the building.

Gun pauses inside the door, allowing his eyes to adjust to the murky coolness. The main room is ringed with Clan fighters, all watching him. Thier expressions ranging from hate and anger to amusement. In the center of the room stands a table with 2 chairs, the one closest to him empty, his "host" occupying the other. At a wave from his host, he walks forward and sits.

...And looks into the eyes of Captain Steelyglint of The Black Company.....

*continued*
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Sep 5th, 2007 at 08:24:13.
    Because we said so.

*continued*

"So, Chief Warrant, to what do we owe the pleasure?", Steely watches Gun carefully, "Welcome to our humble abode. Not that this is our base, of course." He grins wryly.

"I'm glad you agreed to meet, Captain," Gun replies, "I believe we can help each other."
    "Do you, now?", Steely laughs, "What makes you think we need, much less would acccept, help from an Omni?"
    "Contrary to what Omni-Pol might think, I dont believe the Clans had anything to do with the shuttle being shot down.", Gun taps a pocket on his combat armor, "All the intel I have on the shuttle is on disc. From sources not available to you, I might add. Nothing of any military value, of course."
    "Oh, of course," replies Steely. He pauses in thought.

BEEP!

Gun blinks. He casually looks around the room, searching for the source of the sound. No one else in the room had reacted to it. He wonders if this is the beginning of a trap. Ok, just play it out and see what happens.

Steely visibly comes to a decision. "Alright, MAYBE we are willing to deal. To the best of my knowledge it wasn't a Clan operation. I can't speak for all the factions, but if there were Clans involved, we hadn't heard of it. The loss of potential assets to our cause is annoying." He peers into Gun's eyes. "I've been checking up on you, Chief Warrant. It seems you have been expanding your circle of friends. Kisabamp says 'hello'. Its rare to find an enemy that can at least SPELL 'Honor'.
    Gun nods, "When I'm able, I do what I can." He glances around the room, "And I have checked up on TBC, also, Captain. Profoundly militant, set in their Cause, but Honorable, when possible. This is what led me to believe...."

BEEP!

"Um, led me to believe we could arrange a short 'truce', to share intel on a common enemy" Gun fights down an uneasy feeling. None of the Clanners in the room have acknowledged the 'beep'. WTF was going on?

"So, Chief, what made you sign on with this Totalitarian, oppressive Corporation? Was your parent Unit hurting for credits that badly?"
    Gun chuckles, "No, nothing like that. It seems that OT has a real knack for 'contract interpetation'", he shrugs, "We didn't look closely enough, and now we're stuck. It would hurt our Home Unit's rep too much to just break contract." He sighs, "This isn't what we were looking for."

BEEP!

"Captain, if I might be allowed a question?" Steely sits back, and after a moment, nods. "WTF is that noise??"

Steely stares at him a moment, then slowly climbs to his feet. He swings the backpack from behind him, and slams it down on the table in front of a dumbfounded Gun. "THIS! This thing is the bane of my exsistance!"
    Carefully, Gun examines the backpack. Scratched, dented and worn, it appears no different than any hes ever seen.

BEEP!

Gun stares at the backpack, yup, the beep came from it. His gaze rises to meet Steely's. "You're kidding, right?" "I wish I were, Chief. I just can't bear to get rid of it. At least until I've beaten it."
    "Ok, Chief, I like the fact that you were brave enough to come, alone, into this den of thieves." He glances around at his people, "I know you appreciate the risk to both our units if this meeting ever became common knowledge. But, I think it worth the risk. For curiousity as much as anything. I think we can deal."

BEEP!

"OH shut up you piece of leet dung!!", Steely smacks the pack, sending it flying off the table. "It grows on you after awhile," He says, calmly.
    "I'm sure it does," Gun replies doubtfully.
    "I think this calls for a drink, Chief," Steely grabs a bottle off a shelf, "Have one?"
    "Never turn down free booze, Captain," Gun replies.

*2 hours later*

Beer watches as 2 figures stumble out of the main building arm in arm. Gun had contacted him some time ago to inform him all was well. He watches in utter disbelief as a thoroughly drunken Gunfytr and an equally intoxicated Clan battle Captain stumble up the hill. There they take their leave.

"Gun," says Steely, blinking owlishly, "I hope we never meet again." "Steely, you can pick your friends, but you can't always pick your enemies," Gun slurrs back. "You got my com-link, calls me if you needs me." With that, Steely nods and turns to go. He stumbled, and would have fallen, had he not lurched into Beer. "'Scuse me, mate", he says blearily, continuing down the hill.

Speechless, Beer turns to look at Gun. Gun is walking back towards the unit. Every few steps, he shouts "BEEP!", laughing uproarously every time. He shakes his head.

< Grid us outta here, so we can get him in bed. Who's got the hangover meds? >

((Steelyglint and TBC used with permission))
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Sep 5th, 2007 at 10:04:59.
    Because we said so.

(( Hahaha! BEEP! Have a "caused someone to snort coffee" point! ))
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

((hahahahaha. Love the beeping backpack!))

Marty the Enforcer

Marty wandered through Borealis, thinking about his boots, and about how maybe did the one on the left rub his pinky toe?, and would it be easier to dent the boot OUT farther so it didn't rub his toe, or bite the toe off? and that probably he should get somebody to fix the boot 'cos biting yourself hurts. Then a call from some friends, asking if he wanted to tank some heckler bosses, well YEAH I can tank heckler bosses, be there in a little bit. Start strolling towards Jobe and on towards Inferno. Just as he crossed through the whompa onto the platform, a private comm message came up:

::Could you build this thingy for me?::

"Huh?" Marty looked down at his immense hands, curled into their habitual fists around the handles of clubs that would have impressed people, if they weren't busy being impressed by Marty. "Uh, I *break* things.. I don't.. um.. well, okay, if you can come to Jobe platform.."

::be right there!:: , and a few seconds later, a young woman emerged from the stream of people heading to and from Jobe to stand in front of him. "Hi! I've got the parts." He awkwardly hung his clubs on his belt as she handed him a handful of slippery fiber and a small, sparkling sphere.

"Ur, this is an IMPLANT..." He held the tiny items uncertainly. The nano cluster especially seemed to want to squirt out of his grip and bounce off down the stairs to parts unknown.

"I'm sure you can do it!", she chirped.

"Well, I'll.. do SOMETHING.." He stood for a moment, mind utterly blank. Then. "oh. OH. Right." Wind the left fingers through the implant just so and make a fist to hold it. Cup the cluster just SO, in the right hand. Bring hands together and "hhnnNNNF!" The cluster's casing shattered, the liquid nanobots were evenly squirted through the fibers by the immense pressure. It all felt about right, anyway.

"Huh. Well, here y'go," Marty said as he half-handed, half-poured the implant into waiting hands. "Have a nice day." He looked down at his hands again as the woman skipped back through to Borealis. They looked a little cleaner now, but maybe he didn't need to tell her that.

"Guess y'do learn somethin' every day. I'm a TRADESKILLER, huh!"

((True story. That was last night, and a QL50 comp lit head, and the ever-cool Martygreat, and my baby enf.))
    "NOOOOooo! Not in the face!" -- official RUR battle cry

Slowly, with infinite patience, Steely slipped down the side of the cliff face on his belly. It took him a while to reach the bottom, carefully picking his way down lest he disturb some loose rocks or accidentally silhouette himself against the skyline. The captain didn't want himself being picked up, by any sentries that may be standing alert for possible intruders. To lessen his chance of detection, he had covered his Beeping Backpack with a light weight material, that although didn't eliminate the sounds coming from it, but muffled the noise right down so someone would have be about 3 meters away to hear it. Steely had rubbed mud into his bright pink Mohawk, and also had donned a camouflage uniform of the 3055 Local. The camo gear was of absolutely no use as combat protection, but it's ability to block out body heat from sensors was the reason he had chosen to wear it. Fayelure's people had produced quite a remarkable suit.

Combat was not why he was here, again, another reason to not wear armor. it was more for curiosity's sake that he had ventured out here. His meeting with the Pathfinder Chief Warrant Officer had piqued his curiosity. After he had sobered up. he ordered Astera to Hack in to any database that may have had any inkling of a mention of the meeting and purge it, keeping a copy for their own records of course, on their secure database., He had Ordered His sneaky little agent Flakmunky, to head into omniland and gather more information about the Pathfinders, he ordered Salvena to blow up the building they had held their meeting in lest any physical evidence had been left behind. Jilien and Seskit were ordered to go and confirm information that the chief had presented to them. Sal of course had accepted her orders more gleefully than anyone else.

The loose ends tied up, Steely waited till night fall and headed out to the shuttle crash sight to observe what was going on out there. He didn't doubt the Chiefs words, but just wanted to see for himself. also, it would be a good opportunity to gather tactical data on contractor operational deployment formations, should they ever have to engage non pol or O.T.A.F units.

Reaching the bottom, he stopped still and scanned the area. nothing moved, no sentries were present. The Pathfinders had wiped out the local Medusa population leaving the area secure. Able to move faster now, he slithered across the grass like a snake. heading toward the dim glow that he saw on the horizon ahead of him.
    Reaching the crest of a small hill, he peered over and spotted the crash sight. taking note of the gaping hole in the side of it. Portable lights had been set up around the perimeter, facing both in and out to allow the tec's to work through the night and to allow the defense units a clear line of sight in case the medusa's started to repopulate and attack. He took note of the medical tents taking care of the wounded, and the bodys of the dead neatly layed out in in a line, two orderly's and a doctor walked out of a tent , selected a body, and took it back in with them, presumably for autopsy. Tec's stood together in groups of 2 or 3, comparing notes from data pads. He picked out several 3 man patrols roaming the perimeter.

An hour passed of him observing, till some voices disturbed him. Slowly, quietly he slipped himself out of his backpack so he had greater freedom of movement.
    Steely listened intently to see if they were alert or just on a random patrol.

"I hope HQ recalls us from this hole. there ain't nothing here that doesn't want to kill you"
    "Yeah, your right about that, still though, I've seen some pretty hot chicks running around, there's something about a woman in combat armor that just, Hey did you hear that sound?"
    "What sound, i didn't hear nothin', you gotta stop drinking so much".
    "There is is again, it sure is a weird noise".
    "I still don't hear it, whats it sound like?"
    "It sounds kinda like a beep thats being strangled"
    "How the heck do you strangle a beep?, man you really gotta drop the booze"
    "There it is again, we gotta go check this out, it's off to the left"
    "There's nothing on my sensors, but ok, I'll humor you".

Seeing the figures turn towards him,Steely made a quick decision, grabbing his pack by the straps, he waited till they were a little closer, he jumped up, swinging his pack and let it fly, collecting the skeptical one in the face with it. The Pathfinder fell to the ground with the pack on top of him. the cover had come off it.

Beep!

The standing pathfinder had lowered his weapon and had started to aim it at Steely, the unexpectedly loud beep distracted him from what should of been his true target, spinning he pointed his weapon toward the beep. Steely reached out and ripped the weapon from the mans grasp, and stuck his his Jepp in the Pathfinders face. "Dont move!". The poor guys look was one of utter bewilderment. Steely grinned. "Careful on the trigger their mate, ya nearly shot your friend"

Beep!

Glancing over. The Captain spotted two of the perimeter teams detach themselves and start running toward his position. Assessing the situation he came to a quick decision.

"Well fella, looks like this is your bloody lucky day, give my regards to your Chief Warrant Officer".

Beep!

Knowing that he couldn't afford to be captured for the good of both units, and some other Minor matters the pols considered him a criminal and terrorist for, Steely removed his Jepp from the Pathfinders face and shot himself instead.

Xenoclast "Steelyglint" Arai

Captain of The Black Company

BEEP

"So, let me get this straight," Gunfytr says mildly to the two former sentries, standing at a tight brace in front of him. They are not fooled by his mild tone, and both wish for a quick trip to reclaim to get them out of this. " You're on patrol, and hear a su****ious noise. You dont call it in, nor do you call for back-up." "Chief," One of them interrupts, "we wanted to make sure it wasnt an animal or something."

BEEP

"Did it sound anything like that?", Gun asks. "Yessir," They both reply, miserably. "Have you ever heard an 'animal' make a noise like that?", Gun asks in a reasonable voice. "Nosir," They reply. "And then, after NOT calling this in, you investigate on your own. And find an intruder in MY perimeter." Gun casually strolls around the two. "Who knocks YOU down with his PURSE, and takes YOUR gun away."

BEEP

In a movement almost too fast to follow, Gun pivots on one heel and punts the Backpack out the front of the tent, into the darkness.

BEEEEeeeeeeee-----thud

"You're sure it was the Clan Captain?" "Yes, Chief. I'm pretty sure. Scarred up face, he had mud covering his mohawk, but I could still see pink." He smiled nervously, " It kinda stands out." He stopped smiling when he saw the expression on Guns face, swallowing hard and coming again to attention. "Sorry, Sir. He told us to give you his regards and then capped himself. Presumably to avoid capture."
    "Well, he was sure safe from capture from you two morons." Gun stares at them, "I think you two are going to be able to help me with something. OT wants to blow the shuttle in place, to avoid anyone trying to salvage it. I believe that BURYING it would be smarter. So, why dont you go out and start diging the hole? RIGHT FRACKING NOW!"
    Both troopers practically run over themselves trying to get out of their leaders tent. "And put that blasted backpack in something sound proof and leave it here."

Gun sits at his makeshift desk and laughs weakly. He didnt blame Steely a bit. Gun would have tried the same thing. He hears one of his troops set a package outside his tent.

*beep*

"Oh, no", He thinks to himself, "I'm not gettin stuck with THAT albatros." He quickly grabs his helmet, and opens a comm-link. "Kisa! Heya babe. I need a favor...."
    Because we said so.

Dabblez

The call "Dabblez, bella mia! Vieni qui da papa'" greets Dabblez from the other side of the small Borealis restaurant. Dutifully Dabblez walks into her father's waiting hug.

"Hey everbody,” he says loudly, “dis is my-a beautiful and still unmarried daughter, the scientist." Dabblez blushes a little as the patrons give her a half-hearted cheer.

"Dad," she whispers with a hint of frustration in her voice, "for heaven's sake, drop the phoney accent. For the last time, we are not Italian."

Dabblez's father gives her a horrified look. "Hush, not in front of the customers! What's da matta wid you?"

"Give it up Dad, you are not fooling any one. Half the regulars still remember when you ran this place as a Lebanese restaurant. Before that what was it? French? Martian? Tex-Mex? And the least said about the Chinese phase the better,"

"It's for the tourists. You know that."

"Yeah, I can really see how tourists from Earth would be taken in by the authenticity of a Kappa Berry minestrone."

"Now listen here, do I tell you how to build a robot?”

“No.”

“Right, so let’s run my business like I know how. And now grab yourself a table and I'll bring you something to eat. You are all skin and bones."

“Okay, Dad.”

As she sits and waits for her father to return the familiar smells of food cooking and the din of multiple conversations merging into one brings back memories of her childhood. The family restaurant had always played a central role in her life, somehow setting her apart for the other kids, whether it was helping her father balance the books after school or waiting tables every New Years Eve because, as her dad father used to say each year, “just can’t get extra staff to work on New Years’”.

The restaurant was also quite possibly also the reason she moved to Newland just as soon as she was old enough.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

DESK? A DESK?

IS SHE SERIOUS?

I can't work on a desk! I'm supposed to be working in a mine pulling blue rocks out the ground!

What the heck am i supposed to do with a desk? I tried mining for Notum, but all i found was wood shavings! Mining says it'll do me good! Lies!

Luckily, I have found a replacement for the singing carbonum rocks. The printer talks to me. He tells me to correlate things.

I think I'm going ever so slightly ... in-sane!
    GorgeFodder4 / Skeletawe
    Anti-Miner / Miner

A day in Zora's life

*calm day in omni-admin*
    Zora: hmm, let's check the global market today...
    *sounds of someone tapping a screen, and some bleeps*
    Zora: WTH!!! some neutral salesman asking over 500 million for a high quality supple alien bot! Not on my reign of terr... erm command i mean... yes, reign of command *looks around if anyone might have heard him*
    Zora: *shouting* Guards! get in here!
    Guards: sir, yes sir!
    Zora: some neutrals are selling supple bots for over 500 million on the global market, and i need one of those bots!
    Zora: i order you to get a large task force & take over borealis, till they drop prices, or i'll launch you all into an alien mothership with the notum cannons, till you come back with one of those supple bots!
    Guards: SIR YES SIR!
    *sound of door opening & guards rushing out*
    Zora: *mumbling* dam neutrals... without that supple upgrade i'll be stuck using that inferior armor i give omni-pol to use... dam junk gets holes in it just from having a gun aimed at it.

*sound of chair sliding back as Zora stands up & walks towards the window to look down to the square, seeing an unicorn patrol around in a pink armor outfit*

Zora: dam unicorns... most powerful soldiers, but color blind as hell...

(( this story is fictional btw ))
    Last edited by playboyfixer; Oct 13th, 2007 at 09:47:24. Reason: said mirror instead of window xD
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

End of a Drug Lord......

Its early morning as Nadab starts his day in the Office. Wandering around in his House-robe, he looks for his cup of Notum-caf.... "ah... double jolt of caffeine in the morning." Nadab shuffles over to his desk, slowly stretching to get the kinks out from a long night. Looking over his desk of jumbled papers, reports and messages, he sighs! "Damn paperwork..... profit-margin reports, Mahr's proposal for merger with Manticore.... damn, I hate this. It was so much easier in the background." A beeping comes from the computer on the desk, clicking on the screen, a beautiful, but stern woman appears.

"Good Morning, Ms. Prentice How can I help you?" "Alexsi, Alexsi, did you not think we would not trace the shipments back to you? "I'm sorry, Ms. Prentice, you must have the wrong person. My name is Alexandr." "No Alexsi, I have the right person. Memory Recall activation code Zulu 59 Alpha X-ray." Nadab shudders and the confusion clears from his eyes. "Ah, Ms. Prentice. I suppose there is some reason for blowing my cover?" "Yes, Alexsi.... we traced the shipments back to you and your Organization. That was not in the protocols when we set you up as a underground criminal. Why did you turn?" "For the money, obviously," Nadab calmly states. "Well Alexsi, perhaps you should come in and we can talk about it." "I don't think so Ava," as Nadab reaches for the disconnect. A shadow flickers in the corner of his vision, a coldness touches his head. "Crack!" .... then darkness. "Clean up the mess here, torch the office. We'll collect him at Reform reclaim," comes from the monitor. "Yes Maamn," the agent in black replies.

<hours pass>

<Darkness.... cold.... water dripping..... I can't move. Where am I? memories flood back in.... Ava.... broken cover.... paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnn !!!!>

"Ah, Alexsi, you're awake" comes a cold voice from a women nearby. "Shall we begin again? Who are your contacts in the clans?" I mumble incoherently "no one!" "Oh Alexsi, you disappoint me." *fizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzet* crackles the device. Screams, I hear screams.... only to realize they come from me.... Darkness... cool, sweet darkness.... the pain fades........

<hours pass>

<consciousness returns hazily.... drifting.... voices nearby.... > "Bah, this is useless! We'll get nothing more from him" a women states angrily. "Dispose of this body. We'll reprogram his memories. Give him back is real name... some Omni-AF memories and drop him in "Riders" city as a mugging victim. They have a soft spot for old soldiers!" "Oh... and install a cortex bomb and tracer, give him some memories of serving with Tindamir! Maybe we'll get lucky and he gets close to Nurser and we can take out 2 birds with one stone! the voice laughs evilly.....

((OOC))

I am sad to say that Harkonnen Exports is no more. The org has been disbanded. There are a few reasons why I took this step:

1. No recruits... I could never find anyone interested in joining the Org.
    2. Drug Smuggling has been done to death in RP.....
    3. (the big reason) The person from whom I was renting our Org city from sold it......

So, now I'm with "Riders of the Lost Org" as a retired Omni-AF personnel...
    Last edited by Nadab; Oct 15th, 2007 at 01:04:57. Reason: per request from ARK-events to protect the names of innocents !!!
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast