Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334353637

Thread: Meanwhile on Rubi-Ka...

2Ho

The night creeped in, as two dark figures ran through the thick forest.
    "I'll take left!" The female's voice echoed through the forest, and the two separate. Silence falls, no more running steps, nothing else than the pumpkinheads shambling here and there, whispering their nightly threats.
    Suddenly, the silence broke.
    "Trouble in sight!" Sharply reached the other person's comm.device.
    "Position?" He replied, but got no answer. "Well, i guess trouble's nothing new fo Her..." He mumbled and started to run towards where the signal came from. The fog was getting thicker again, making it harder to find the spot where the "trouble" was.

More south from where the male was standing, The girl was having a tough time keping her healing nanoprograms up, as there was someone who kept on throwing harmful nanoprograms at her.
    "Whoever that is, aint a adventurer for sure, even when the wolf morph might fool someone.. Now just to find a place to..." She carefully glanced from behind the big tree she was hiding behind, and prepared to attack, when something hit her, and it hit hard. As the girl turned around to see who it was, she felt another hit in the back of her head.
    "Omnies, ofco..ur..se.." She collapsed before her healing nanoprogram got to finish.
    Moments later she opened her eyes, and saw Newland desert right before her eyes.
    "Great..." She slide her finger at the side of her visor, and tapped.
    "Yo Hun? Got attacked by few omlets. I'm at Newland desert now.. No no, my own stupidity, didnt check my surroundings and didnt certainly prepare for a battle.." She nodded and chuckled. "Yeah, i'll get back as soon as everything's stable again.."
    *Giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

((WB....bout time))
    (( Thanks Gun, I missed you guys! Though I can only be around for a week before I'm off again :/ ))
    = Captain "Arthazar" Harcrow (Captain of The Phoenix Fortune)
    = Reporter "Lucetta" Phoenix (IRRK Freelance Reporter)
    = Sir "Sterlings" Furlocke (The Old English Trading Co.)
    = Dr. Malcom "Cormack" Ardman (University of Borealis)
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)
    = "Gridfeed" (Camera Drone)
    = Director "Dartello" Marello (Black-Net)
    = DCI "Validius" Hunt (Department of Investigations)
    = DS John "Streller" (Department of Investigations)

= Major "Jimako" Jones (OTAF)
    = Mack "Teffler" Falloway (Clan hunter/trader)

Kotts stares at his left hand, and the bare spot on his finger where his wedding ring once was before it was confiscated. His eyes burned and inched from the blinding white cell walls, and lack of sleep. Images of his wife and kids burned into his mind. Then the lifeless look in Andrew Phillips's eyes when his reclaim failed.

He over thought the entire play. Encyros's motivation was much much simpler the he had first thought. Now he paying for it... and his kids... Cher...

His eyes floated to the flimsy metapas plate with preserved prison rations. He didn't feel like eatting despite his stomach's loud protest.

He hasn't heard anything since being processed.
    Last edited by Kotts; Nov 8th, 2011 at 06:29:54.
    Point Blank

Hearing was the first thing to resurface. She felt herself laid down. She felt no injury, but her mind started to reel as she was not feeling this was a normal "waking up" state. She struggled to open her eyes and grumbled, the slit of her eyelids letting too much light for what she could bear. She waited for a few minutes to let her senses come back to her some more and strained to push herself up, sitting on a small cot fixed to the wall.

She looked at the room around her, still disoriented, trying to remember how she arrived here, wherever "here" was. How, and also when. She could not tell which day or time it was, nor how long she's been there. The room was brightly lit, containing barely the basic necessities, nothing that could be removed, torn out or otherwise broken.

"...Oh hell."

Cher could tell a cell, even a tidy one, when she saw one, and this room matched the requirements perfectly. The door had an opening that was blocked from the outside by some kind of panel. She combed her fingers on top of her head, her palms pressing each side of her temples, as if to hold her thoughts together.

"That's not good... Now's a prime time to start getting a grip, girl. 'Cause you're gonna need it."

She started to look more closely around the room, motioning carefully to the edge of the cot, testing her legs with caution. She found them stable and stood up. As she was examining the room more closely, she started feeling uncomfortable.

Thoughts started pouring in her mind. Andrew betrayed her trust and set Kotts up, but he didn't expect her to show up. He tried to tell her to escape, she gathered that it was meant only for Kotts to be there, not her... He tried to make her leave, but it didn't work. He kissed her in front of her husband and Kotts immediately saw red and tackled Andrew... Cher didn't even have time to react that Kotts was already sending Andrew to reclaim but then, reclaim didn't work... She couldn't help clenching her jaw. She knew all along that he was not just a low-key employee of the Corporation, but over the years, their discreet meetings had brought more than information to her. She actually came to enjoy his company. After a while, they started to pull the propaganda lines on each other almost as a wink, knowing that they wouldn't convince one another, but it was fair play to, well, play the game, after all.

But the game had taken an unexpected turn, lately. Andrew and Kotts found her in Perpetual Wastelands. To see them both at that moment unlatched something in her mind. She asked him, then, if he would do what he had to, when the time comes. He didn't answer right away. A few days later, she met Andrew in Reets. She asked him again, more clearly this time. Should he have to choose between his allegiance and their friendship, would he choose to turn Cher in or let her run? It took a while before he said he wouldn't, he couldn't harm her. The way he looked at her, held her... She believed him.

In a way, she was right. He did try to keep her from harm, but leading Kotts in a trap was not harmless to her. Now that she thought about it, when he kissed her, he may have tried to provide her an opportunity to run while Kotts was taking care of him... She would never know. She couldn't even offer him words of comfort before he died. He had just kissed her before she could see it coming! She was upset and didn't feel like comforting him... And who expects a reclaim failure, anyway?

She also didn't expect General Feyad to walk in Andrew Phillips' office at that moment. When she heard him give orders in his comlnk, she knew something was closing in on them. "EVAC EVAC EVAC!!" she shouted. She remembered how she felt her heart sink as Kotts said that evac just refused to work... Their thoughts turned to their children. The twins had been brought back home but their comlinks didn't work either, they couldn't warn anyone to look after them...

Cher slouched down to the floor, sitting on her heels, hanging her head. She looked at her left ring finger, deprived of the band she had been wearing for the last 6 years. She braced herself, rocking gently, frowning.

Her tears didn't run down her face. They burned their way in her heart and soul. She started growling low, the growl growing into a horrifying howl, ripping her throat, leaving her breathless.
    Last edited by Xeenah; Nov 8th, 2011 at 06:45:22.

(([Private Playthings] Gunfytr: !logon [Team] Playboyfixer: BS is like sex [Team] Playboyfixer: get in, cap, get out [Team] Gunfytr: no wonder u cant get a gf
    [Private Playthings] Pcom: Thankyou Gunfytr. Your logon message has been set.))
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Julia runs back to the apartment door, hastily she pulls the keycard in the reader and jumps inside. Just as the doors close, she hears steps in the hallway.
    "Find that damned terrorist!" Echoes in the air as Julia is already safely inside locked doors, giggling out loud.
    "Oh, that was fun!" She takes a deep breath and stands up. Flames still dancing in the fireplace, multiple bottles of wine, empty and full aswell on the floor and the bench. She runs her gear upstairs, and jumps down from there, calmly walking to the fireplace, she chuckles at what just happened, and how it made her feel better.
    "And the best of it?" She picks up the empty glass, pours some wine to it, and looks at it. "Gun will never know that i did this little terror run around Rome, right? I mean, psh! It's not like it's somewhat special if a "terrorist" runs around there, and kills a few guards?"
    She sips from the glass and looks at it again.
    "Gunny will never know, right? And even if he did, He wouldnt care, right?"
    *Giggle*

Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

Gun finally reaches up and turns off his helmet comms. All the panicked yelping was getting on his nerves. Sighing, he starts back towards his station apartment. He hadn't heard this much hollering on the comms since the last time the Aliens staged a surprised raid on Omni Ent. Seemed a lone subject was running around, shooting stuff up. Pol didnt have a good description, but Gun had a funny feeling about this. It sounded....familier.
    Gun nodded curtly to an Omni Tac unit, running down the halls of the Station, the Team Leader flipping a fast salute as they pass at a trot. "Yup", Gun thinks, "thats about right. But they wont find her. If she made it this far, she got away clean."
    Walking up to the door of their apt, Gun slides the access card in, and enters as the door slides open. Catching sight of the red haired figure, curled up cat like in front of the fire place, he frowns. "Having fun, are we?"
    Because we said so.

Simone sat comfortably in her desk chair reclined back a bit reading her latest issue of 'Verse'. The stomping of armored boots and panicked radio chatter from the patrols office of some lone clanner across the hall didn't phase her anymore.

With "everyone" being on leave, and most of their cases closed she had a ton of free time... unless they catch that clanner on the radio. She crosses her legs again more comfortably and smiles to herself.

Ciy leaned back in her accel chair and sighs. Gunfytr had missed her departure, and the shuttle was on its way into orbit. Suddenly a commotion near the boarding hatch caught her attention. She stares as the crew chief undogs the hatch, and leans out, grabbing a jetbacked figure by his harness and dragging him in. She gasps as a smoking Gunfytr calmly walks down the isle to her. He grinned down at here, "Did you really think I'd let you leave without a goodbye?" Pulling her to her feet, he wraps her in a hug. "You get your wonderlust taken care of. I'll be waiting." he pulled back and stared into her green eyes, "Always."

"Getting close, Major", calls the crew chief.

Gun gives her another squeeze and winks, "Gotta go, babe. Be careful, I'll see you when you get back." He looks around the shuttle at the grinning faces, "Kick ass, boys!" A roar answers him, and with another smile for Ciy, walks back to the hatch. Flipping down his shades, he dives out of the shuttle.
    Because we said so.

Anarchy Online - RK News
    by ~oNanao

"...And now, to our most recent news. Earlier today, we recieved information of a military ship 'SL55-0 RK1', which seems to be vanished. This ship was last seen leaving the ICC landing pad December 3rd last year. The MSCC (Military Space Control Center) has not gotten any contact in nor out, and they are fearing that the ship may be lost for good. The commanding officer, Jonathan McRichnstein has given us an exclusive interview, just for you dear listeners to hear. Let us play it.

"Commanding Officer Jonathan McRichnstein, how bad is the situation?"
    "I am afraid that i can not answer your question truthfully, but i can say, that it is starting to look bad, little by little."

"How could this happen? Do you believe that the Kyr'Ozch could be behind all this, and if not, what then?"
    "Ofcourse, the aliens could be the reason for all this, but thanks to our scientists, we can almost be sure that they are not part of this mess. Their ships should've left a trace for us to follow, but there was nothing that leads us to them, and besides, there were absolutely no sign of fighting. And to tell you the truth, the rest is actually pretty classified on this subject."

"Alright then. How many men and women were are on the ship?
    "From what I know, on the ship there were from four- to sixhundred men and women.

"Were they all soldiers? And to whom do, or should i say did, they work?
    "There were two private groups, one from Rubi-Ka, the other one from another planet. The rest were mostly Omni-units from Rubi-Ka. And yes, as far as i know, except for the ship's crew, the rest were soldiers."

"And for last, do you have anything to say to the families waiting for their loved fathers, mothers, husbands, wives and children to come home from this trip, which seems to have ended in a bad manner?"
    "Keep believing. That is all i am going to say to every one of you. I understand this is rough to hear news like this, but we are working hard to get everyone home safely."

"Thank you, Commanding Officer Jonathan McRichnstein. Here at MSCC Headquarters, I am Dana Wright, Rubi'Ka News.

"This interview was made earlier today, as i mentioned, and so far, we have not recieved any word from MSCC nor anyone else regarding this case. We will be keeping the lines open for you dear listeners to take part in this conversation. But next, let's hear some Leetlets, shall we? This song is called 'Let it Leet'.

((For the MIA Ciyanid))
    Because we said so.

Gunfytr sits in his Station apartment, shifting thru paperwork. His comms beep, alerting him of an incoming call.

< Yes?
    < Hey, Boss.
    < Whats up, Law?
    < Are you alone?
    < Yes, why?
    < Sending you a link....I'm sorry, Gun.

His heart sinking, Gun quickly pulls up the link on his comp. Reading the article, he goes back and rereads it slower. Leaning forward he rests his head in his hands.
    Only the silent, empty apartment is witness to the tears falling onto the paperwork strewn on the desk.
    Last edited by Gunfytr; Mar 10th, 2012 at 20:15:38.
    Because we said so.

Heartbeat.

One last heartbeat before it ended.

Moments before she was standing there, glancing into the space, into the vast nothingness. She had nothing to worry about, she had nothing to be scared of, if only she knew, that everything was going to change.

Out of nowhere, alarms went off and everyone on the ship took their positions. Young and old, soldiers and civilians. They said it was Kyr'ozch and nothing to be worried of. 'Piece of cake' was the first thought in everyone's minds, those attacks had happened before, and they also ended in our victory. I run to the weapons-locker and grab my pistols and the protective gear that's handed to me. Not even two steps later, the ship takes massive hit, and everyone falls down on the ground. Soldiers have worried looks on their faces, the higher ranks try to reach the command to find out what just happened.

This ship 'aint a small one, to make it move like that, you need big guns and power.
    I tell ya, Kyr'ozch does not have gear like that to make this ship go down. Again, the ship receives massive hit, and is forced off the flying course. Then, starts the panic. All the personell on board realize that this is nothing we can win against, and start to throw out emergency signals. Soldiers are trying to stand up, as the massive power shakes the ship back and forth.

Then, it ends, everything stops. Feels like even the air stopped flowing. Just seconds ago, everyone was panicking, and now there is relief in their eyes, as if it was over. First rule of war and combat, never let the relief take over you, unless you know your enemy is down, gone for good.

Silence takes over everything. Sitting there, waiting on what was going to happen, we all look at each other as to find comfort knowing that everyone's there, safe and sound, and that it was over.

No. From somewhere on the ship's front side we hear screams. Slowly, the screams fade away and I stand up leaning against a wall right behind me. The ships structure starts to shake, getting stronger every second and at last, it receives another massive hit, but this time, it feels like nothing physical hit us, it feels more like a tension that crushes the ship little by little. Again, another hit that is stronger than the previous ones. By surprise,I am thrown to the other end of the room. I hit my head and everything seems unclear.

Then the feeling fills the room again. Everything stops, slowly I feel like my life is drained out from me. Silence falls and only thing I can hear, is my heartbeat slowing down.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

" 'Ka, he.. l.. p..- us…"

((For the MIA Ciyanid))
    Because we said so.

- "Its not working! The skin's too thick!"
    - "Fallback!"

In a hurry the small clan mercenary group started to retreat back to the entrence trough the green bionic corridors of the alien battleship.

This was not the first time the aliens had managed to adapt to the weapons their human attackers were using. As soon as the next generation of warrior type aliens hatched from their cocoons they had already inherited a natural resistance to the perils their earlier generation had encountered.

Luckily for the humans, the changes were, for the most part, very subtle. Differend kind of biotoxin on the skin or a change in frequence of their beam wepaons. These were easy for the humans to counter.

Ocationally the alien defence biology managed to outdo itself though, so the humans were allways very cautious when encountering the new generations.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334353637