She sighs.
    *Giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Now that my /RP partner is back, I'm sure stuff will pick up a bit. <3
    ~[[ Trying to be active on forums. ]]~

Lise looked over her wardrobe
    - No. I cant wear this...
    - I used that at the last party..
    - What time is it? Under one hour now...
    - This dress makes me look fat...
    - Nah, not this one.. Green is soo 29482
    - Gah. I never make it to the Club-opening on time
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

The music shouted so loud, that Julia's ears started to hurt.
    All alone she was sitting in Grind, while everyone were dancing and having fun.
    Somehow, she didnt feel like it.

"Nax, where are ya?"

She sighs.

Later that night...

Julia sat down on her couch and let out a long sigh.
    She was not on the mood to party.
    And... Something that she didnt think about at first, made her feel sick later on.

"Let them have their fun.."
    Last edited by Ciyanid; Oct 24th, 2009 at 00:19:42.
    *Giggle*

Gunfytr directs his teams into a wider search pattern. He glances at his chrono and growls to himself. "Duty before fun", he reminds himself silently, "Yeah, I know Ciy is gonna be there, but we gotta finish this sweep". He glances at his HUD.

"B Team! You're falling behind, step it up!"

One last glance at the time....he'll get there...eventually.

((Trapped at work...have fun for me guys!))
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Salivice sat very quietly in the dark in his orbital Luxury Residence. New developments were causing him a great deal of concern of late.... a GREAT deal of concern...

He picked up his comm unit.

"Hello, Ms. Wright, I was wondering if I could have a chat with you sometime soon..."

And then again:

"Manny, I need to speak with you sometime soon."

Waiting time was over.
    Dr. Lasal Gerrick, PhD Advanced Nanotechnology

Lance-Corporal Jonathan "Salivice" Bixby
    http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...on=show&id=446

Small message on the gridnet.

To those who it concerns,

I have a proposition for you, please contact me fore details.

Lasliana.

Funcom employee

His heart beat like a drum within his chest, each ragged breath desperately pushing it to work harder and harder. His feet stumbled slightly in his flight, briefly caught by a snag in the underbrush - a vine or root of some sort; He didn't pause to find out which. Though the air hung about him black as pitch, not a stitch of moonlight to be seen, he deftly traversed through the forest trees, dashing along the ground with all the swiftness he could afford. The lack of light didn't bother him in the slightest - modern nanotechnology made the darkness trivial for him. No, he had much, much larger problems at hand.

A clearing ahead paused his flight, feet slightly skidding along the damp grass as he turned, scanning his surroundings. Trees bent into wicked shapes around him, branches gently swaying in the breeze; The only sound he could hear was from his own laboured breath, the weight of his armour pressing heavily against his thin chest. This wasn't how it was supposed to be... they were never like this before. Never so efficient, never so ruthless, never so... alive. His eyes glanced down to the familiar blue glow of his cyberdeck, scanning the lines of code scrolling across its surface - His nanopool was low, the last of his stims used up, and not even his humidity extraction seemed to be making up the difference fast enough. His eyes returned to the treeline, peering into the darkness of the forest around him, ears alert and ready to hear any sound. His fingers idly twitched against the activation relays of his deck, simply waiting for even the slightest hint of movement as his cue to unleash whatever hell he could... And though he stood his ground, poised and ready for anything, nothing ever came.

The seconds passed slowly, giving way to minutes, and with a quiet sigh of relief the young nanomage finally began to relax, shoulders rolling backward in a gentle stretch. He chuckled to himself, head shaking from side to side - He'd just gotten spooked, he rationalized. They were just Pumpkinheads - Nothing to be afraid of. He'd done this for six years running now - Heading out into the oddly black air of Halloween, mowing down endless swarms of the rather ineffectual, less-than-dangerous... things. Briefly, he wondered exactly what the Pumpkinheads were - Despite their sheer numbers every year, no one had ever managed to figure out their true origin or purpose; truth be told, by this point they had become so much of a joke that no one even really cared any more.

And that's what they are, he reminded himself. A joke. No one ever really got hurt by a Pumpkinhead, after all. Their nanoprograms were terrible, their weapons were weak... it seemed like they just existed to take punishment - Like whomever their master was simply wanted to watch his creations slaughtered, year after year. Well, not a problem there, thought the nanomage. They were a joke. And jokes were meant to be laughed at. And as a smile cracked his lips he took in a deep breath, the grin on his mouth widening as he prepared a deep, hearty laugh.

There was a flash of white light. His breath caught in his lungs just as he was about to exhale, the air stuck in his throat with a burning, choking pressure. It took a moment for the realization to hit him, to understand why his lungs no longer responded to his command - It was the same reason as to why his limbs were now numb, unable to fill his mind's now-urgent desire to run; why he could no longer reach down to his cyberdeck and activate his remaining defenses. He was motionless, white stripes of energy cycling over what parts of his body he could see. A bead of sweat ran from his forehead down to a frozen eyelid, stinging as it landed against the soft tissue of his eye - Even then he could not blink, nor even grunt in pain. Time seemed to stretch under the stun's influence as he stared ahead, begging his body to move, twitch, anything.

A swath of black and orange streaked in the darkness before him, the blur gone almost as quickly as it had appeared. Panic crept into the man's throat, the still-trapped breath in his lungs threatening to burst from his chest at any moment. His HUD displayed the hostile nano running in his NCU, counting down the seconds until the program terminated. Five. Four. Three. His heart beat faster and faster as he began to hear the soft rustle of leaves on the ground behind him, their gentle crackle piercing the otherwise quiet night. Two. One. His mind tensed, body preparing to follow suit as the program ended. He knew what to do. Knew just which buttons on his cyberdeck to press, which programs to run, which direction to head. He was ready. He was prepared. The nano terminated.

A glint of silver was his next sight, an oddly numbing sensation splitting his chest and the intense urge to breathe suddenly gone. His eyes looked downward, able to move for the first time in what felt like forever. And there, pierced between the circuitry and plating of his armour lay a familiar, curved shape of metal, the scythe's blade slowly dripping with rivulets of blood. His blood. His mouth went slack, slowly followed by the rest of his body. There was a cackling noise from behind him - A high-pitched, shrieking laughter, one he had heard a thousand times before with no fear at all. His sight went dim; the forest faded, as did the laughter....

And then the familiar sights and sounds of Old Athens hill, the hustle and bustle of daily life passing him by without any heed at all. A frown set onto his lips as his mind attempted to deal with the hangover-esque sickness that came with dying, stretching himself out and onto his back for just a moment. And as he stared up at the blank night sky he grumbled to himself, hands folding over his chest lazily.

"That wasn't very funny at all."

---------------------------------------

Dried bits of gore stuck to the rusted table near his hands, the ruddy colour highlighted by trails of swirling nanobots as they condensed across the vaguely-human form laying before him. His fingers subtly twitched in the air, the nanites responding to his slightest command; skillfully they penetrated into the soft, dormant flesh of their target, altering skin and form with a surgeon's precision. Cloth formed from the air itself, strands of fabric weaving themselves together tightly as the nanobots underneath continued their gruesome work.

"The legion is ready, lord," came a voice from nearby, the quiet words spoken with a mixture of jubilation and hesitation. His head, old and withered, bowed downward as his master turned from his work, the thinnest of smiles crept along his lips.

"I see... You have done excellent work this year, my Farmer; your reward will reflect your efforts."

The Farmer's mouth tried to smile. Something sharp stung deep within his mind - a familiar pain, one he knew all too well. His happiness would have to wait... it always had to wait. The Master came first in all things.

The nanobots continued to shimmer behind the man's back, highlighting his form in the dimly-lit air of his chambers. "And of the Worker? Has he returned?"

"Yes... yes, my lord. His journey to the Outzone canyons proved fruitful... the technology is in our hands..."

The master turned once more to his handiwork, watching as the nanobots finally began to fizzle and die in the air before him. The once-still body began to stir, the dark cloak now surrounding its form gently swaying as the reprogramming took hold, bringing life and consciousness to his creation. A blackened hand lay against the soft flesh of its face - its new face, improved in every way over the original. His fingers traced over the young woman's new lines and ridges, eyes bright as they took in the form of his latest invention.

"Then ready them," he called over his shoulder. "Integrate the technology and activate the new Harvesters... tell them to prepare."

"Prepare, my master? Prepare f-for what?"

He leaned down, staring intently into the still-closed eyes of his experiment. Candlelight flickered across her pale face, lips parted gently as the first breath of air entered her lungs - her new lungs, her improved lungs.

"Tell them to prepare to meet their new queen."
    Something wicked this way comes...

Excellent
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Awesome
    Apprentice Snakeyees..220/25/70 Fixer
    Twinke..........................220/12 MP
    Patchadams.................220/61/19 Doctor
    Sparkanator...............220/19 Neutral Engineer
    Katariina......................220/17 Crat
    Malagant......................208/12 Keeper
    wouldabeen.................174/11 NT
    *~ In loving memory of Beardedone; a good friend that will forever be remembered~* You feel the core of your being shake as BEARDEDONE has reached enlightenment!! Take care old friend.

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    -Gaute Godager-"There will be no camping in the Shadowlands" LOL OK!!!

sick
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

*shivers*
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Once again, Julia stepped through the rusty door to her apartment.
    For a moment, she glanced around the living room, and was gonna sit on her couch, when suddenly...

Something went wrong.

Julia collapsed on the floor, hitting her head pretty hard.
    Laying there, hardly even breathing, with no one around to see what happened,
    with no one to even call for help...
    *Giggle*

"Hey Mom!

Yeah, I know I just saw you days ago, but I think I forgot Kieran's toy jetbike when we left... Did you find it?

Oh, good! Can you keep it asi --

No, I don't think it's a good idea... The Pumpkinheads are out.

The Pumpkinheads, Mom. I know, it sounds like a bad joke, but it's not. Dunno where they're from, just know that once a year, end of October, they come out and spook people out.

Listen, the last thing I want is to see you or Dad hurt while visiting. You two have never had a chance to use nanoprograms, and it's vital here...

Err, point. But I wasn't really alone, y'know? And I received training when I signed up.

Yes, Mom. You know I love you both to death and hopefully, one of these days, you'll be able to visit Ka without me losing sleep over your safety... It's truly a fascinating planet, y'know. It really is.

Alright. He'll be happy when he gets his jetbike back. When he gets older, he'll learn to pick up his toys, but that's gonna be another year or so, hehe. I'll have to leave you now, gotta catch up on news and Council business and all...

Yeah, I will. Yeah, promise! *chuckle* A'ight. Kiss Dad for me, 'kay? Bye now! Love you!"

Cher sighed. She didn't attend the Grind opening, but she would sure pay it a visit. Seeing how it was next door, it would be silly not to at least go. It's been forever since she danced until she's sweat.

But for now, she had other things on the program. News, first, then the gridforums and, depending on what she would find there, either paperwork or Pumpkinhead hunt. She cracked her knuckles.

"And I hope there won't be nothing urgent in the news..."

Hioushizuka

In the silence of Newland desert, there could be heard a small 'zap'. Some minutes passed, and another 'zap' echoed in the darkness.
    The blue light of the reclaim center lighted up, and a 'ghost' slowly appeared standing before it.
    The 'ghost' strated to materialize little by little, appearing to be a opifex female.
    There she was, standing alone in the dark, shivering because of the cold breeze that roughly hit against her pale gray skin.
    After a moment, the opifex opened her eyes wide open, and gasped for air.
    Slowly, she made her way to the Newland desert's shop, hoping, that she'd find someone from there to help her.

"H- hello? S- so- someone pl- please help m-me...?"

"Hello miss, how may i help you?"

The opifex hands the man a comm device.

"Please, help me and tell me how this works"

"Sure, miss.. You press here and then...."

After a long while the opifex steps out from the shop and inhales the fresh air.

"I think i found a way to save myself from sure death."

She smiles faintly.

"I wonder what day now is.."
    *Giggle*

- Oh my head....
    Lise crawled out of bed and looked at the time.
    - That was a great party
    She tried to recal the last part of the evening, but came up blank
    She put on the gridfeed and feard an article about "topless BoD member dances with lampscreen on her head" but it was nothing there.
    - Guess I didn't make a complete fool of myself
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

-Please insert credz
    Mary turned around when she heard it and looked at the shredder.
    - Credz? You are a shredder.
    The shredder made a noise that sounded like someone inside it jumped up and down.
    - Credz, credz, credz!
    Mary shook her head
    - Listen shredder. I have no plans to put my money in there. They will be destroyed the minute I do it.
    The shredder was silent a moment
    - How about swords?

- Damn Leetbots. They find their way into everything. Mary whispered to herself.
    - The faster we sell those things, the better
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

The fireplace room was silent. Every now and then you could hear someone walk in the hallway, or peek in from the door. A big sabertooth was laying on the floor, glancing deep into the mezmerising dance of the flames.

"Is it gonna be like this for all my life...?"
    The cat thinks, and budges it's ears. It lays it's head on it's paws and sighs.
    "I tell myself that i need to change, bah! It's no use. Im not able to change!"
    It growls quietly.
    "Im not able to leave this place, im gonna return anyway- and- I dont even want to leave"
    The cat frowns and licks it's nose.
    "They say cats have nine lives, right?" It grins.
    "If they were chances I- "
    The cat closes it's eyes.
    "I already ruined them too"

And again, someone took a peek into the fireplace room, and saw a big sabertooth laying infront of the firplace, purring quietly, deep in sleep, thinking on it's life.
    *Giggle*

With shaking hands Julia leans to the wall in the hallway of the orbital apartments.
    She glances at the door before her, and sighs.
    This was it. She was gonna suffer for what she did.
    With tears in her eyes she sits down on the floor, and hugs her knees.
    "Im sorry, im sorry.. Im so sorry about everything.. "
    Julia bursts in tears, whispering that she's sorry, over and over again.

Now, it was gonna end.

She was gonna give up.
    *Giggle*

5am.
    Julia wasnt able to sleep. Her eyes were tired, her body felt stiff, and the guard walking in the hallway was annoying her.
    She yawned and started to glance around the walls of the holding cell.
    "Funny thing. I know that im gonna spend a lot time in here, and away from everyone, and i dont even feel sad."
    She chuckles quietly to herself.
    "I might even get new friends."
    She grins widely as the guard hit the door with something, shouting "Shut up!"
    "C'mon! The previous guard was much more fun! He didnt whine about every little thing!"
    The guard stopped, and Julia could heard him taking a long deep breath.
    Julia giggles and pulls her visor back down.
    "We'll see"

(( Btw, for now im OOC, where ever ya see me, unless i have tags on (which is not gonna happen anytime soon) ))
    Last edited by Ciyanid; Nov 12th, 2009 at 16:24:42.
    *Giggle*

Svletlana

"You know Dabblez," Moeder said; "About that nanomage.."
    "Hmm? Eeod?"
    "Yes, the loony one, with the parking disability."
    "Disability? I wouldn't call it a disability.."
    "Yeah, whatever. Anyway. Have you though of the possibility that he could be hibernating?"
    "what?"
    Svetlana "Moeder" Kokkiokova.
    -R.U.R. representative for BoD.
    -R.U.R. Head Housekeeper.

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast